Mercy St. Charles Hospital Reviews | Glassdoor

Mercy St. Charles Hospital Reviews

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "rewarding"

Pros

the people I work with

Cons

the people I work with sometimes

Advice to Management

Support the staff suggestions more

2. "linen attendant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bend, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bend, OR

I worked at Mercy St. Charles Hospital full-time

Pros

Good pay with good hours. Usually really good people to work with. A very clean and well maintained hospital.

Cons

Benefits could be more leanant if worked slightly under the 80 hour minimum. Can be very strict on the time you clock in and out of work.

Advice to Management

Be more clear on the changing policies for the time clock. Sometimes you can work ads long as you want, and sometimes you must clock out no later than the other exact time scheduled

3. "Registered Nurse"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse

Pros

Conveniently located in the Oregon Ohio. Friendly staff. Clean.

Cons

Under staff. Management expect more from staff that is not safe for patients and staff. Benefits being taken away. Salary not competed with sister hospital.

Advice to Management

Take care of staff and make safe for patients and staff.

4. "Registered Nurse"

I have been working at Mercy St. Charles Hospital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

For the most part, nurses work 12 hour shifts. Self scheduling on some nursing units allows flexibility in scheduling. Mercy offers tuition reimbursement (approximately $17,000. With a 3 year commitment) which can be beneficial for those looking to expand their careers.

Cons

Nurse to patient ratios have increased, often resulting in unsafe environments. As a result, a large portion of the seasoned nursing staff have resigned their positions, leaving many inexperienced, new graduate nurses providing care. Management does not seem to understand the correlation between staffing ratios and patient satisfaction.

Advice to Management

The hospital's employees should be considered amongst it's greatest assests, no matter what department or educational level. Employees often have great insight into work flow and ways to improve care delivery; however, their input is rarely cosidered.

5. "It was a poor experience and I don't believe that St Charles Hospital should be taking students since they don't benefit"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Mercy St. Charles Hospital as an intern

Pros

I was fortunate to see some interesting procedures. The staff was very friendly and easy to get along with.

Cons

I was not given much scan time and little to no instruction. Feedback about my performance was also limited or not given

Advice to Management

Stop accepting students into the ultrasound department unless the staff is willing to instruct more.