KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 684 of over 760 reviews

3.5
Meredith Corporation President, CEO, and Director Steve Lacy
Steve Lacy
Pros
  • "Good Work Life Balance to work with(in 86 reviews)

• "good benefits, great office, mostly kind employees(in 40 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Having worked at every magazine publisher, I can safely say I've never worked at a place filled with so many demoralized employees in my career(in 19 reviews)

• "Pay is average, not much room for growth(in 15 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Meredith Corporation and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work with

May 24, 2021 - Digital Designer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Tons of perks. Fun workplace.

Cons

Not that much job-related training for the employees.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great benefits, hard to move up

Jun 25, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

great benefits, good office space (when there), lots of diverse and fun events for employees, Top level execs have made a strong effort for diversity and inclusion and positive responses to current events, fun brands to work on, good team structures (digital ad sales)

Cons

Extremely hard to get a raise or any kind of promotion. Management does not help career growth. No bonuses for performance or sales performance. Employee appreciation could really be better and employee growth needs serious work. Just too much red tape

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Benefits, Poor Top-Down Management Strategy

Jun 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, paid time off and reasonable number of sick days and personal days. Nice office space and work environment, plus good company resources (was provided with a work computer when I started working from home in Covid).

Cons

The team I'm on takes a very top down approach. A lot of idea have to pass through upper management before they're approved and it slows things down. I wish it was more collaborative and strategy discussions were team oriented. A lot of busy work in the lower levels. Took a long time to be recognized for positive work, very challenging to be promoted or get other job opportunities outside your traditional role.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 1.0
      Current Employee

I just started this job and I hate the company already

Apr 11, 2021 - Senior Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

None. Absolutely none. Nothing is worth the hell that is Meredith.

Cons

Meredith is a viper's pit of venom and hostility. Harassment runs rampant. The workload is intolerable with complete and total disregard for work-life balance. Each day is filled with an endless onslaught of uneccessary meetings that leave no time during the day for work to get done. I've lost count of the amount of times that I've literally collapsed at the end of a very long day only to realize that I only found time to eat breakfast. Each person of authority has demands that conflict with others. I often find myself doing tasks that I've been told to do by one manager, only to be told by another that I shouldn't have done it. I've never met so many people who are as beaten down as the employees of this company. Demoralized is an adjective that doesn't go far enough in describing the employees. Morale is low. Most do their best to keep their head low and avoid the swirling negativity and nonsense around them. I've spoken to others who say they've complained about the issues here, but those reports are never ever taken seriously, nor acted upon. What on earth did I get myself into? I'm writing this on a weekend and dreading returning on Monday. In fact, I'm debating whether or not to quit. And if I don't, I'll be surprised if I don't walk out during the week. Please heed this warning. Stay away from this asylum. Your emotional and mental health will not be the same once you begin working for Meredith.

8 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great Headline

Jul 13, 2021 - Associate Publisher, Marketing in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

great company - wonderful People

Cons

Not as diverse an environment as it should be

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great company

Jul 8, 2021 - National Sales Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, talent, career opportunities, brands

Cons

Nothing I can think if

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Catty and immature culture from the top down

May 3, 2021 - Producer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free magazines. Free beverages. A nice view of the Hudson. Medical benefits.

Cons

The company hires directors and VPs who have little or no experience that would qualify them for their positions. Their management skills are abysmal. Over the past year, the company made many questionable hires. Most don't have much previous experience in production and immaturity is their common bond. Too many times I've seen these new hires tattle on co-workers to the boss' boss. Often the stories are complete lies just to gain an advantage over a colleague. Throwing people under the bus has become a new sport at Meredith. The problem is intensified because of the directors' and VPs' lack of management skills. In any normal company, a person at that level would ask why the employee hasn't followed proper workflow. They might also ask if the person has bothered to resolve the matter with the other employee first. That doesn't happen at Meredith which only encourages others to do the same. Getting work accomplished in that atmosphere is impossible. Plus there are too many stakeholders and too many dependencies on every project, causing everything to grind to a halt. The turnover is ridiculous. It got worse every year I was there. The pay is also really bad. I wouldn't recommend Meredith to my worst enemy.

5 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great team and company culture

Jun 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Helpful and supportive team members Great work life balance and company culture

Cons

Re-organization caused a bit of confusion and needed some time to fully transition.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Software Engineer at Meredith

Jun 23, 2021 - Software Engineer II in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great, intelligent team that are great with collaborating with each other to get tasks done.

Cons

Upper management of the corporation can be a bit backwards when it comes to workflow/habits for engineers.

10. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Walking on eggshells

Jun 6, 2021 - Anonymous Former Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Can’t think of much honestly

Cons

Management in production was an absolute nightmare, groups were shifted around and people who have no idea what they’re doing were hired to manage people who have been here and know the ropes much longer than them. Condescending tone and attitude, if a project is going through multiple passes it’s suddenly your fault it’s taking so long because you should be able to immediately predict what people want. Redundant workflow, they track your hours and projects across multiple sources. People were hired to fix messy workflow and increase productivity but only made it worse. Nothing you do is ever right or enough, like you’re walking on eggshells.

1 person found this review helpful