Merge Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 1, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No work life balance and the culture is limited to your work team and promoted by co workers (in 5 reviews)

• Not sure if eClinical Management team can do something about it (in 3 reviews)

"Merger and Acquisitions"

Pros

Can not think of any.

Cons

Lots of stress, constant merger and acquisitions.

2. "Global Support Services Manager"

Current Employee - Global Support Services Manager in Morrisville, NC
    Current Employee - Global Support Services Manager in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Merge Healthcare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This is the eclinical division of Merge healthcare. Management gives you all the tools you need to be successful at your job. Great job atmosphere. It's a pleasure to come to work and know that co-workers are there to assist. Have fantastic leadership. Operations Rocks as well as our sales team. Every time there is a job opening there are a plethora of internal recommendations.

Cons

Wish there were more company functions, but unfortunately with success it just makes people too busy to take time off to do things out of work.

Advice to Management

Keep on leading us down this path, we will be number one in the market in no time.

"Software Engineer"

Pros

Location wasn't bad
    Close to Picnic Basket

Cons

Cube farms
    Antiquated development practices
    Poor upward mobility
    Poor business performance / not innovating

Advice to Management

Value your employees
    Innovate

"Merge eClinical Review"

Current Employee - Business Development in Morrisville, NC
    Current Employee - Business Development in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Merge Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You are a part of a great industry that is always growing. Also, the Operations Team is awesome! They are very knowledgeable and support the sales team wonderfully!

Cons

Outside of the industry and other teams within the organization everything is pretty bleak. Only a select few individuals receive quality leads. The Comp Plans are never finalized till mid June ( we still have not received ours for 2015). This means that commissions are also not paid on time. Some members of the Senior Management Team rely on sending threatening emails to the Sales Team to motivate them. The threats range from withholding payment, taking accounts/leads away, or against someones character. There is no HR presence at the organization. Our only HR rep will work around the halls gossiping about employees and openly talking about the details of laying off other employees.

Advice to Management

The every day quaility of life needs to be improved. This will help the turnover rate, it feels as if someone is leaving every single week. Every year and a half there is an entirely new sales team.

"Remote Support Analyst"

Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst I in Hartland, WI
    Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst I in Hartland, WI

I have been working at Merge Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Extremely laid back environment where they care more about your productivity and job performance then they do what you look like, while staying professional at the same time. Many opportunities towards promotions and a larger income then expected by bonuses.

Cons

Sink or swim mentality when it comes to their software, no real way to train hands on until you are given the opportunity to work with the customers hands on.

Advice to Management

Need to come up with a way of teaching new employees that's more hands on then shadowing.

"Horrible cutthroat company. I would rate this company a big fat 0 If I could. Prospective Employee beware!!!"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Merge Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None!!! Very ruthless uncaring company and people!

Cons

Merge Healthcare acquired the company was working for (DR SYSTEMS) and the HR person just arrived yesterday and laid off a lot of people almost 25% of the staff.

Don't bother wasting your time with this horrible company.

They acquire companies and then lays off the people. They take the products that the other company develops and then tries to market it as their product and then they market as their product as try to say
    they are best in KLAS the product/products.

Advice to Management

You are very horrible people, you need to try developing your own products and try keeping the talented people from the companies you buy instead of taking credit for other companies and people's talent.

7. "Pre-Sales Consultant Ambulatory Market"

Former Employee - Pre-Sales Consultant in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Pre-Sales Consultant in Cleveland, OH

Pros

EXCELLENT team of incredibly bright individuals! Management is very supportive.Excellent benefits and perks. Lots of hard work but the team is there to jump in if you need them.

Cons

This role would be a challenging for someone without healthcare and or software background for there are lots of products to learn and become an expert.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! You have a great team in place!

8. "Great place to have a career."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Merge Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Merge Healthcare is a great company to work for. I work with a great bunch of people. My manager has done a great job in providing me feedback and support in a timely fashion. I was referred to this company through a friend and would suggest it to others as well. I had worked with Merge Healthcare as a customer and they had always showed great respect for their clients and were always professional. I also see that culture internally as an employee.

Cons

I do not have any cons I can share at this time.

"Beware of MERGE"

Former Employee - Engineer in Sioux Falls, SD
    Former Employee - Engineer in Sioux Falls, SD

I worked at Merge Healthcare (Less than a year)

Pros

Can't think of any other than you get a paycheck.

Cons

Too many to mention within this context.

Advice to Management

If you kiss enough butt, you can become management.

"Poor Sales Management at Merge eClinical"

I have been working at Merge Healthcare full-time

Pros

Actual sales team worked well with each other.

Cons

Unfortunately for the second year in a row at Merge eClinical we have not received our commission plan and we are into the second quarter. Ultimately this has pushed back Q1 commissions for the second year in a row. Management seems to be overloaded with too many tasks and can't commit to finalizing plans for the sales team. They continually expect you to sell without having this comp plan in hand. Base salary is low so a lot of the pay is based on your commission and bonus. With out knowing when that may come becomes frustrating.

Advice to Management

Re-assign tasks, too much change too quickly. Some tasks should be prioritized better over others. Your sales team is expected to bring you new business. If they don't have a commission plan how does that drive them to positively sell the brand.