Meridian Behavioral Health Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Joe Ferrara

1. "Outpatient Therapist"

I worked at Meridian Behavioral Health Services full-time

Pros

Supervision included, lots of training, great experience in field of CMH

Cons

Rigid work hours, low pay compared to industry standards

2. "A Common CDC Experience"

Current Employee - LADC
    Current Employee - LADC

I have been working at Meridian Behavioral Health Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive wages and benefits
    Immediate opportunities for client and community interaction

Cons

Consistent stress due to consistent staffing issues
    Ongoing reorganization is a company constant
    Expectations become muddied by regular adjustments

3. "Mental Health Clinician"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Braintree, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Braintree, MA

I worked at Meridian Behavioral Health Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good, hardworking coworkers who genuinely want to help the clients.
    Benefits available.

Cons

Benefits aren't very affordable, many clients are forced there by the court and don't want to take the classes.

Advice to Management

Could present constructive criticism a bit better.

"Stay away!"

Former Employee - Recovery Coach
    Former Employee - Recovery Coach

Pros

I really cannot think of any if you are someone that is serious about working in the addict's.

Cons

Company is a sham. Lacks any moral character when it comes to running a alcohol and drug treatment center. Supervisors lack fundamental training and are allowed to build their own silo's of protection in the event an employee questions their integrity...there is no integrity until they show you the door. Lot of lip service. Clients left to themselves with no communication as to what is going on. Training was an absolute circus. When given a task to put together three ring binder of clients charts we were left with a stack of papers in no particular order. No direction on how to put it together. We asked but was talked down to as if we were little kids so we did the best we could. The next day supervisor comes in and once again starts talking down on us on how we cant even do the most simplest of tasks. When he was questioned as to why did he not put a few of them together with us he said "I want you to learn to think on your own". As far as the well being of the clients they were looked at as cash cows and the facility was under staffed with the correct number of counselors so there was a lot of just standing around and doing nothing for them. Also, my opinion, the ability to get the company psychologist to sign off on prescribing certain medications to clients was suspect not only to some of us new staff but as well to some of the clients that indicated it was keeping the recipient "high" and not learning to cope with life on life's terms.

Advice to Management

The Department of Health should come in and do a very thorough investigation on how clients are treated. I am not sure how the upper management can get away from running a company that is supposed to educate people who suffer from mental health issues and substance addiction with a straight face.

6. "Great learning opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sylva, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sylva, NC

Pros

clinical work, salary, leadership team

Cons

work/life balance, travel, poor PTO package to start--sick days eat away

"Love the team I worked with, loved the folks we served, disappointed in the support for employees."

Former Employee - Peer Support Specialist in Sylva, NC
    Former Employee - Peer Support Specialist in Sylva, NC

I worked at Meridian Behavioral Health Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company expects a great deal in terms of time spent at the job. However, the job is rewarding in that you are going into folks homes to serve them with their mental health and/or addction challenges. Every day is different, every client has different needs, and every solution is individualized to the person.

Cons

Field work can be frightening, foks are at different stages of recovery. The work is challenging, demanding, fast paced and can take a great deal of time away from your personal life. The company doesn't support their employees when they meet challenges that prove to be difficult and particularly if mistakes are made.

Advice to Management

Support your people. Show them you care as much about them as you do the folks you serve. Provide care and understanding in the same way you do with people with mental health issues.

"Horrific."

Former Employee - LADC in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - LADC in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Meridian Behavioral Health Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Staff try hard to help each other

Cons

Not enough staff. Everyone is stretched so thin.

Advice to Management

I do not support the philosophy of this company. It is focused on filing beds, and not about client or employee care.

"Very Disorganized company..."

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Meridian Behavioral Health Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the staff is very friendly..

Cons

Disorganized. The nurse that trains incoming nurses has been there for several years, she's an LPN who does things her way.. NOT the correct way.. I have worked for many organizations(been a nurse for 33 years)Have not seen anything like this before.. The supervisor doesn't see what is really happening. an incoming nurse gets 3 days of training by this other LPN and then your on your own. I don't believe this is a good way of training. The comapny has a high "turnover" of staff for a very good reason . They pay very crappy!

Advice to Management

Get someone in there to manage that has management skills, not anyone "off the street"!Be fare to employees..don't have your favorites..Pay nurses better with raises.The LPN that has been there for years trains horribly.. bad skills..not a good way to run a company!!!

"DO NOT WORK OR CONSIDER WORKING FOR MERIDIAN BEHAVIORAL HEALTH!"

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Meridian Behavioral Health Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There's no pros to working here. Unprofessional, unorganized, bad management! Just a mess!

Cons

Horrible! One of the worse places to work for! Just about every employee there are recovering addicts.

Advice to Management

Close your doors! You're no help to the individuals that's really in need of help. The CEO needs to know how his businesses are being operated.

"A great place for religious zealots"

Former Employee - Behavior Health Services in Muncie, IN
    Former Employee - Behavior Health Services in Muncie, IN

I worked at Meridian Behavioral Health Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A paycheck. Not exposed to comment on inpatient programs, so no comment

Cons

Run by a click of people who harass employees not into their philosophies upon which promotions and favor are based.

Advice to Management

Take your philosophies to the pulpit, they do not belong in an unbiased health care setting