Meridian Behavioral Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Dr. Maggie Labarta

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "If you are looking for a career in Mental Health that is fulfilling then Meridian is the place for you!"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Meridian Behavioral Healthcare (Less than a year)

Pros

During my employment at Meridian I have had the opportunity to grow exponentially as an individual and a professional. My education in Psychology has provided the theoretical framework to engage with clients but it was the hands on experience working with the clients directly that further reinforced the fact that I was on a career path that I was passionate about. Meridian has always provided me with the tools that I needed to excel as an employee which is evident by the four promotions that I have been given. I will always be grateful for the superior supervisors and colleagues that worked so closely with me in helping me develop into the professional that I am today. If you work hard and seek to a career in a heartfelt field, then Meridian is the place for you!

Cons

I am satsified with my career at Meridian and have nothing negative to share.

2. "Good people doing good work"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Meridian Behavioral Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility, friendly, opportunity for growth, willing to try new and inventive ideas, and support of management.

Cons

many changes and low salaries

Advice to Management

improve salaries, allow line employees to give more input about where the company should be headed, and increase communication from direct management.

Meridian Behavioral Healthcare Response

Sep 8, 2017 – Manager/Lead Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We greatly appreciate our valued employees.

3. "Meridian"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Meridian Behavioral Healthcare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have had the pleasure of working with Meridian for over 8 years. This organization has assisted in my development through interning and providing me with opportunities for growth both clinically and administratively. Meridian allows for opportunities to work with various populations who truly benefit from the services we provide and it's an absolute honor to be apart of this organization.

Cons

As with all great work comes hard work and no organization is perfect. One thing I do appreciate is having an opportunity to express ideas and suggestions that can allow for things to continue to run smoothly and appreciate Meridian for being open to feedback.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide opportunities for advancement to employees who go over and beyond.

4. "I love working for Meridian!"

Current Employee - Practice Manager
    Current Employee - Practice Manager

I have been working at Meridian Behavioral Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Meridian is a nonprofit with a noble mission that is so well organized, it runs more like a for-profit. The company is innovative, adaptable to the changing needs of the environment, willing to invest in human capital, and community-oriented.

Cons

Meridian is a very large organization that provides a wide variety services in 11 different counties. In some of the rural counties, clients have transportation barriers to receiving treatment. However, senior management is aware of this limitation and are brainstorming ways alleviate the transportation issues for clients.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

5. "A Great Place to Make A Differernce"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Meridian Behavioral Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Excellent opportunities to work in the Behavioral Healthcare field
    - Knowledgeable and caring colleagues
    - Supervisors that are leaders in the community
    - Excellent community engagement and collaboration
    - Opportunities for licensure and professional development
    - Competitive non-profit salary and benefits
    - Leader in community behavioral healthcare

Cons

- There is still stigma in the community about Mental Health and Addiction, which carries some negative perception. However, Meridian does a good job trying to break down this stigma.

6. "Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Director of Emergency Services in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Director of Emergency Services in Gainesville, FL

Pros

Great PTO benefits, good management, and development opportunities. Free supervision for licensure. Positive and diverse work environment. Meridian provides services to everyone including those without insurance. Great place to make a difference in people's lives.

Cons

Some areas still need work like interdepartmental communication which they are aware and working on.

Advice to Management

Keep providing training to supervisors and professional development opportunities to staff. This has been beneficial to me and my staff.

7. "As a team the company works diligently to provide extraordinary services now verses weeks down the road."

Current Employee - Human Resources in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Gainesville, FL

Pros

Employees and leadership strive to provide a total care package to patients and support its employees in being successful. Management supports their staff and increase quality employees.

Cons

Though growing and providing more and more services, like many non profits, their is a lack of funding to support the vision

8. "MD"

Current Employee - Physician in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Physician in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Meridian Behavioral Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The administration is very supportive of the medical staff and listens to our concerns.

Cons

Sometimes it is frustrating working with refractory ill patients.

Advice to Management

Please continue to promote education.

9. "Innovative company"

Pros

Culture of quality and innovation. Chance to learn new skills and intervention techniques. Senior management is responsive to staff feedback.

Cons

Limited resources that affect salaries, not enough office space in the larger clinics, challenging populations with multiple needs.

10. "Meridian is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Vice President in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Vice President in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Meridian Behavioral Healthcare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Many staff have been working here many years and are dedicated to what they do for our patients. They are engaged members of the Meridian team, mentoring new staff and providing guidance as needed. Supervisors are excessible and onsite for assistance

Cons

As a non-profit organization, pay is not always competitve for some job catergories

Advice to Management

None