Meridian Business Support Reviews | Glassdoor

Current Employees

4.4
Mark Mitchell

1. "Caring Employer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Meridian Business Support full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Meridian is one of the larger independent recruitment companies and it gives its staff the autonomy and resource to further their careers. Communication from the directors is sometimes muddled but they do try and listen to staff concerns and have recently addressed the work/life balance issue by reducing the working hours.

Cons

Operating across different sectors there is sometimes an inconsistent approach.

Advice to Management

Keep things simple - recruitment remains a sales job where honest communication with clients and candidates is the most important thing.

2. "Initiatives Operations Analyst"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Meridian Business Support as a contractor

Pros

They are flexible regarding the working hours if agreed with the company you are working at and the pay rate is very good.

Cons

I don't have any cons to mention

"Only job in recrutiment, been here 8 years"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Meridian Business Support full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Been at Meridian Business Support for 8 years since leaving University. Grown from Trainee Consultant to Branch Manager in that time. They invest in people, reward loyalty, and give you clear, realistic progression. Unpressurized, relaxed atmosphere where success is rewarded. Never have the feeling that someone is looking over your shoulder all the time.

Plenty of 'extra curricular' activities including yearly awards do, football tournaments, go karting and more!

Cons

It is a hard job with long hours, but that's recruitment for you. The fast paced environment can mean your day runs away from you, but as long as you work hard and stay on top of things, the rewards are worth the stressful days.

Advice to Management

Keep being visible and contactable. Listen to staff and take their concerns / advice on board as to how to continue moving the company forward.

"Meridian is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Central Services in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Central Services in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Meridian Business Support full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible working is encourage
    You receive a day off for your birthday, which is amazing!
    Meridian have support me during my pregnancy and I feel confident through the way my colleague have returned to work that this will continue when I return from maternity leave.
    Meridian have also supported me through acquiring various professional qualifications.

Cons

Sometimes people are asked to hot desk but they like to have their own space.
    The broad range of products and services that Meridian supplies can make my job more complex

Advice to Management

Ensure employee feedback actioned to benefit all employees and make improvements.