Meridian Business Support Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Meridian Business Support Managing Director Derek Skelton
Derek Skelton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Meridian is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Central Services in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Central Services in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Meridian Business Support full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible working is encourage
    You receive a day off for your birthday, which is amazing!
    Meridian have support me during my pregnancy and I feel confident through the way my colleague have returned to work that this will continue when I return from maternity leave.
    Meridian have also supported me through acquiring various professional qualifications.

Cons

Sometimes people are asked to hot desk but they like to have their own space.
    The broad range of products and services that Meridian supplies can make my job more complex

Advice to Management

Ensure employee feedback actioned to benefit all employees and make improvements.

"Only job in recrutiment, been here 8 years"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Meridian Business Support full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Been at Meridian Business Support for 8 years since leaving University. Grown from Trainee Consultant to Branch Manager in that time. They invest in people, reward loyalty, and give you clear, realistic progression. Unpressurized, relaxed atmosphere where success is rewarded. Never have the feeling that someone is looking over your shoulder all the time.

Plenty of 'extra curricular' activities including yearly awards do, football tournaments, go karting and more!

Cons

It is a hard job with long hours, but that's recruitment for you. The fast paced environment can mean your day runs away from you, but as long as you work hard and stay on top of things, the rewards are worth the stressful days.

Advice to Management

Keep being visible and contactable. Listen to staff and take their concerns / advice on board as to how to continue moving the company forward.

3. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Meridian Business Support full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They take care about their employees and clients

Cons

There are good workers, but not the best ones.

4. "Senior Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Witney, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Witney, England (UK)

I have been working at Meridian Business Support full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Large National Footprint, Member of REC, Large client base, Great colleagues, Great Managers

Cons

Lack of tools (but improving), Lack of training on database, Not much structure to line management, Can be slow to fix issues,

Advice to Management

Management has changed over the course of 2017 and are improving things at Meridian. If they can create more of a team atmosphere across the business they will be a truly great organisation to work for.

5. "Great & getting better"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Hereford, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Hereford, England (UK)

I have been working at Meridian Business Support full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Local & national recruitment agency - credible as an established member of REC with VERY loyal client base and candidates that continually use and recommend the local branch of Meridian in the Hereford branch – Great colleagues with management team that don’t rely on old dated trading methods, good financial rewards.
    New CEO - Derek Skelton REALLY understands the business and in a short time is getting the genuine respect of everyone and with over 30 years experience - he knows.

Cons

None to mention as company is still winning awards for the way they conduct their business, best practice and as a best place to work for – probably needs to do a better job in promoting their good experiences to others - its just gets on with the job.

Advice to Management

Keep doing more of what you are doing and rewarding those who are bring the business in increasing amounts to this reputable business generally people come here through recommendations.

6. "Everything you need to succeed!"

I have been working at Meridian Business Support full-time

Pros

A highly supportive company that provide you with everything you need to succeed and reach your potential - both in terms of advise, training and support but also the tools needed systems wise to succeed. Motivation and positivity come from the top down and you certainly feel like a valued member of the team.

Cons

At this moment in time I can’t think of anything in particular. Very much enjoy coming to work every day

Advice to Management

Keep motivating and driving everyone as the company is achieving fantastic results and getting exciting new clients on board

7. "Great team to work for and with!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Newcastle under Lyme, England (UK)

I have been working at Meridian Business Support full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone works together and the team spirit within the company is so profound. I enjoy coming to work everyday!

Cons

Lack of air conditioning in the building

8. "Getting there !"

Current Employee - C E O in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - C E O in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Meridian Business Support full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A company full of very nice people with great ethics about treating people fairly and with respect.
    Long term secure jobs with a financially stable company
    Sales starting to come through in big chunks !
    Silos and politics removed form the company. Its now one company with one vision
    Making profits month on month
    Meridian have stopped carrying passengers and poor performers
    Staff are loving Meridian once again following an extremely difficult period in 2016
    There is a vision and a drive to get there !!!

Cons

Historically poor performers have been tolerated and even promoted......not any more !

Advice to Management

Keep selling and raising the performance bar
    Invest in the best people and ensure that they feel part of the future

9. "The Recruitment Agency I have always been looking to work for."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Milton Keynes, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

I have been working at Meridian Business Support full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Forward thinking, Motivational, Rewarding, Driven, Team Ethics, Focused
    Fun, Compliant, Supportive, TEAM, Creative

Cons

I haven't come across any yet

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what we are doing. This is the job I have always been looking for. I look forward to going to work for Meridian every single day. You give praised when you do well and you are recognised for your effort. You are even thanked by the management, which is such a motivational tool.
    Derek Skelton our CEO is motivational, driven and provides you with the tools to succeed. I have nothing but admiration and respect for his plans and ideas to drive Meridian forward. He is truly a credit to the recruitment industry and I am more than happy to be part of his TEAM. I believe in Derek.

10. "Employer of choice"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Yeovil, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Yeovil, England (UK)

I have been working at Meridian Business Support full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A great place to work with great colleagues. Excellent working environment. Very good career development.

Cons

Nothing that I could put my finger on. Very good working conditions. Grown up recruitment!!

Meridian Business Support Response

Nov 23, 2017 – Marketing Manager

We are delighted you enjoy working at Meridian! Thanks for leaving your review.