Meridian Enterprises Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Account Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hazelwood, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hazelwood, MO

I have been working at Meridian Enterprises full-time

Pros

Flexible company. Friendly employees.

Cons

Limited job training, little to no communication from management,

Advice to Management

Invest in your people! Treat and pay everyone equally.

2. "Team Lead"

Former Employee - Team Lead in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Meridian Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great group of people to work with. the knowledge of the seasoned agents are second to none.

Cons

leader ship with upper Manger was terrible. no one said anything to you in regards to how to make your shift better. the agents where trained half asked but thenot they were thrown on the phone with no common sense and motovation..

Advice to Management

RETIRE.. LET SOME NEW BLOOD INTO MANAGEMENT AND TELL THE OTHER AGENTS TO STOP GETTING THEIR PANTIES IN A BUNCH.. GROW UP OR GROW A PAIR. CAN'T BE MANAGEMENT AND BE FRIENDS WITH ANYONE.

"They don't care about the quality of work."

Former Employee - Program Manager in Hazelwood, MO
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Hazelwood, MO

I worked at Meridian Enterprises full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Most of the employees are amazing and work as a team.

Cons

Some of the management are bullys and they have no CLUE what they are doing. The sales executives are not trustworthy and talk only a good game but never support their employees.

Advice to Management

You claim you are an innovative company but your IT group is too small and you don't have enough people to complete the work and meet the expectation of the clients. Sales people sell programs and create unreasonable time lines for a project to be completed. You set your people up for failure.

5. "review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marthasville, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marthasville, MO

I worked at Meridian Enterprises (More than a year)

Pros

supervisors given some degree of autonomy

Cons

weekend work hours, high rate of turnover

Advice to Management

don't pay supervisors less than incoming new hires.

6. "Good place to work"

I have been working at Meridian Enterprises full-time

Pros

Great co-workers and team. Company offers benefits. Has a family type

Cons

Understaffed for work load, no training for positions.

Advice to Management

Hire more or better people.

7. "Marketing Account Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

I worked at Meridian Enterprises (More than a year)

Pros

Established company with a good reputation.

Cons

Most employees have been with the company 15+ years and are not friendly. No one answers their telephone only respond to emails. Management is scattered.

Advice to Management

Move into the 21st century and the company will succeed in bringing fresh talent to the workplace.

"If they let you get away with it, why not?"

Current Employee - Business Development in Hazelwood, MO
    Current Employee - Business Development in Hazelwood, MO

I have been working at Meridian Enterprises full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I take most Friday's off and usually try to work from home whenever possible. I usually pass on my work to people who report to me and lets say no one notices. I usually work 10-15 hours a week at the most. The rest of the time is for some rest and relaxation.

Cons

I'm pretty open about being lazy and not doing any work, but no none says anything so I continue with my behavior. There are so many cons here for the people who actually have to do the work. So for them I would say the cons are the constant miscommunication and distrust from management. But then again, I've lied to clients constantly, sold things that don't exist and done the least amount of work possible, so I can't really complain.

Advice to Management

Fire all the Account Executives. They are literally the worst salesman I've ever seen in my life. But as long as they keep getting a commission check, it won't stop them from selling everything they can get their hands on.

Have a management structure and hold people accountable. I've gotten away with so many things and I feel like I agould have been fired a long time ago. Start doing actual reviews of people. Normal stuff like 6 month and 12 month reviews. I haven't had one in 15 years and no one knows what I do.

Get rid of people like me that are clearly lazy and contribute to an environment where a few people do all the work.

Stop giving away everything to clients. I can give anything away and justify it that a "client is going to leave us" and everyone lets me do it. Maybe the client shouldn't be one of clients then?

Start talking to employees and get their feedback. It's crazy that the only opinions that matter are the people that keep getting away with doing the least amount of work. What do you think my answers are going to be? Something that makes me work more?

"I work here and get away with everything."

Current Employee - Account Director in Hazelwood, MO
    Current Employee - Account Director in Hazelwood, MO

I have been working at Meridian Enterprises (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ay dios mio, where do I start? I literally do what I want, when I want, how I want. I have no supervision since my boss (who is a Sales Account Executive) works out of state. It works in my favor in every way possible. My job is spent managing my impression to him. As long as he "thinks" I'm doing a good job, then I am safe. It doesn't matter what I actually do.

Cons

None for me. I treat people with reckless abandon to get my client work done. I have zero consequences because I literally report to someone who does sales full time AND lives in another state. It's amazing for me but I could see where it would suck for the people I continually harass. Usually if there is a problem, I control the message. Since the Sales Account Executives typically have all the power, I let them know the message I want to communicate and they will take it to management. It's great because they don't really want to know what actually happened in a certain situation and they always believe me.

Advice to Management

If it seems insane that we keep doing the same things over and over again. It's really not working. At some point you either change the process or bring in new people. But that takes work and effort. And the only time work and effort actually happens is if it makes money or impacts a commission check.

I don't believe there is any hope for this company to change to improve significantly. There are too many people like me who "scream and get my way" or too many people who control the flow of money.

"Frustrating company to work for"

Former Employee - Marketing in Hazelwood, MO
    Former Employee - Marketing in Hazelwood, MO

I worked at Meridian Enterprises full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Cowokers easy to work with. A lot of creative freedom and not overly supervised as long as you meet your deadlines.

Cons

Poor management. Not a good company for recent college graduates. Managers don't train new hires. Just throw them into the position and assume they will ask for help if necessary. Poor communication between Managers and employees.

Advice to Management

Don't believe everything your managers tell you... get out of your office and find out for yourself.

11. "Great work environment..."

Pros

Management is supportive and proactive in developing career paths for employees. Compensation and benefits are excellent and allow all employees to participate in the success of the company.

Cons

No real cons. Great, friendly, workplace. Pleasant surroundings.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.