Meridian (Florida) Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Christopher Pillay

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Meridian"

Pros

great team, great management, overall

Cons

Not much training at all

Apr 25, 2017 – Marketing

Thank you for being part of the Meridian team. We're glad that you enjoyed your time working with us. We are committed to providing comprehensive training, mentoring and career development... More

"BDM"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Meridian (Florida) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people. Developed some great products. Good owners.

Cons

Remote sales workers are too disconnected from the business processes used to fill staffing positions. This can be overcome with time in the role.

Jan 4, 2017 – Marketing

We are pleased that you found your time with Meridian to be a positive experience. We appreciate your feedback on how we might improve communication between our sales and recruiting teams.

3. "Worst company to work for"

Current Employee - Contractor
    Current Employee - Contractor

Pros

Friendly recruiters. Good communication. I can't think of anything good about them other than this. They have the worst management I have seen.

Cons

Only look out for themselves not for the employees. Will push you against the wall if they have to. Worst management. Gives zero benefits to employees. Word of advice: read their terms and conditions very carefully before signing any documents

Jan 4, 2017 – Marketing

We are sorry that you had a bad experience with Meridian. We strive to make your work experience a positive one, while following through with the agreements of our contract.

"Great Company/Great Experience!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

My experience working at Meridian has been positive. The people are smart and friendly, the expectations are clear, management is responsive and I'm given the autonomy to do my job without micro-management. After having worked at a large organization for a long time, it's refreshing to contribute to a growing company that is open to being innovative and testing and learning.

Cons

I've been with Meridian less than a year and have not had any negative experiences.

Advice to Management

Make sure that all employees understand the company's strategic goals so that they know what they working so hard to build and their role in the organization's success.

"Meridian Review from a Technical Recruiter's Perspective"

Current Employee - IT Recruiter in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - IT Recruiter in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Meridian (Florida) (More than a year)

Pros

As an IT Recruiter in Meridian's Charlotte location, what I enjoy most about Meridian is the people. In such a competitive industry its nice to have a work environment where people get along and even go out of their way to pass knowledge to each other. The office is very diverse and welcoming, and people regularly celebrate each other for their achievements, birthdays, weddings, etc. It is also nice that the base salary is competitive and the commission is uncapped, so you're not completely ruined by a short rough period, while also being directly rewarded for achieving sustained excellence. Since progression is based on achievement instead of seniority, as an entry level professional you can get ahead of the pay grade curve compared to other industries.

Another strength is that the office has close access to both I-77 and the South Park area (which is very nice and has many different restaurant options for lunch, along with South Park Mall). In regards to management, the CEO, Vice President, and other members of upper management are very involved in a good way, they care about the company and make real efforts to stay connected with everyone. This shows in the various company events they go out of their to put together in order to maintain high office morale and reward the company's overall success. The upper management believes in development, so there is plenty of opportunity for career growth. It is also always nice to have full benefits.

Cons

The nature of the industry creates its own Cons, and the negatives of this job fall in line. For the uninitiated, that is to say, it is not unusual to find yourself working extra hours to get the job covered, and there is always a pressure to produce. Since the industry is very competitive, you have to work with a sense of urgency or you will miss the boat, and if you continue to miss the boat it will eventually wear on you. There is plenty of help in place to aid you in becoming successful, but to a certain extent you have to be a go-getter. You also have to be comfortable with sitting in front of computer screen and talking to people on the phone.

Because the nature of the job involves working with free-thinking people and not objective products, sometimes you can do everything right and still have things go awry, so you have to be willing to dress your wounds and get back to work sometimes. Consistent with the industry, there is a certain pressure to be motivated by money as well. In terms of the full benefits, they don't tend to be as great if you have a family to support, which may or may not be the norm for that kind of thing.

6. "Fantastic Company"

Current Employee - Senior Training Developer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Training Developer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Meridian (Florida) (Less than a year)

Pros

Beginning with my very first interaction, I had an exceptionally positive impression of Meridian. The recruiter was extremely attentive, proactive, and engaged during the entire process, and after I was on the job, my recruiter also made regular contact to see if there was anything he could do to make the transition go even smoother than it already had. Easily one of the best companies, if not the best, I have ever worked for.

Cons

I have been working for Meridian for only a little over two months, and it's been GREAT! There are no areas of improvement that I can offer.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

7. "Excellent Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Administration in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Administration in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Meridian (Florida) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meridian has been an excellent company to work for. It was my first job out of college and they really give you all the training you'll ever need. Everyone that works in the office is friendly and willing to answer any questions you may have. People get promoted all the time, if you do your job, your hard work will pay off and be noticed. The company has outstanding benefits, they definitely take care of their employees! We all work hard but then play hard too with fun company outings and community out-reaches!

Cons

I can't think of any cons about this company. I wake up everyday looking forward to coming into work and spending time in a hard working company with some of the greatest co-workers you could ask for.

8. "Great company to work with"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Meridian (Florida) (More than a year)

Pros

Almost digital paper work. Quick response for emails. Great sales manager

Cons

Can improve onboarding briefing. Nothing important.

9. "Amazing Company"

I have been working at Meridian (Florida) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company gave me an opportunity for an entry level position with little experience, and I really appreciate it and enjoy working here. Whenever I have questions or need guidance, there is always someone there for me. Also, there is a break/game room where we can get relax and relieve stress.

Cons

As a newcomer, there are times where it is slow because you finished everything assigned to you, but you can always ask for more work or shadow others to gain more experience.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

10. "Great Company!"

I have been working at Meridian (Florida) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Meridian is a true consulting company who is able to meet customized data needs of the companies that we serve. We have extremely intelligent leadership that listens to the client needs and comes up with a precise solution for the client. It is a pleasure to work for the leadership and the other sales folks to implement the solutions for the company. I appreciate their ability to listen to the employees and the issues at hand with regard to things that could help the company improve, and make the necessary changes for the company and employees. Not all companies do this, and I have really appreciated this about Meridian.

Additionally, the National Recruiting Center is able to deliver talent on time and targeted to meet the client needs. We have 35 recruiters and teams dedicated to sales team to make sure that the requirements of our clients for staffing are met.

Cons

Remote offices could be more connected... but not really a con

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work... Love working with you.