Meridian Senior Living Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Robert Sweet

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Everyone is always working to improve what they can and make this community a great place for our residents" (in 3 reviews)

• "The management team is great to work with and I would recommend working there and sending your loved one for Assisted Living and Memory Care" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "If you need to talk to anyone about problems within the company, there is no one available" (in 6 reviews)

• "Low pay bad management no appreciation frequently payroll mistakes" (in 5 reviews)

1. "Community Relations Director"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in West Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in West Hills, CA

I have been working at Meridian Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We have an AMAZING core staff and an AMAZING leadership team. We are always working together as a team! When you ask a team member to do a task they all go above and beyond what is asked of them from care staff to culinary to housekeeping to maintenance to front desk! I feel we have a #DreamTeam at Meridian of West Hills!!

Cons

We can use a new Salon for our residents to make them handsome and pretty!!

Advice to Management

Not much we and they are so caring and compassionate and really cater to the needs of the families and residents!

2. "Resident room"

Former Employee - CNA in Chester, VA
    Former Employee - CNA in Chester, VA

I worked at Meridian Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The place was nice clean

Cons

They try to clean up when they feel company coming the ed just don't care about her employees she pulling employees from differ department to do things it's employees here that don't have cna license the resident's ia being neglected laundry in every room not being washed ND it's a resident that they let steal other residents clothes and belongings they don't say nothing when I was there 3 months ago it just need new management the e d has her favorites ....

Advice to Management

Respect your people at job

3. "Unethical no compassion for our residents"

Current Employee - Certified Medication Aide in North Chesterfield, VA
    Current Employee - Certified Medication Aide in North Chesterfield, VA

I have been working at Meridian Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Because i love my residents and love what i do to make their lives as peaceful and pleasant as possible

Cons

Management. Has no idea about residents or staff

Advice to Management

We need new people to come and show some type of caring not just how many residents they can get to move in so they can collect bonus at the end of the year

4. "corporate is nowhere to be seen"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huber Heights, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huber Heights, OH

I have been working at Meridian Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

an "ok" place to work, the Wellness director is amazing.

Cons

We were bought by meridian 4 months ago. They have yet to get our direct deposit figured out for payroll.
    They promised big things, nothings been delivered.
    We NEVER see corporate in the building despite their promises they would be very active, we have the same management that isn't worth a damn as past 4 companies that have owned us.
    Yearly evals are a joke, you have to give your 2 week notice to get them to do anything.
    Pay is frequently wrong and is very hard to get them to fix.
    The right hand never knows what the left hand is doing, they hired back someone who likes to talk more about himself than anything else.

Advice to Management

Fix the con's I listed and MAYBE just maybe you'd stop the massive revolving door you have, and might even get our census up.

5. "Lpn/residential care manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Meridian Senior Living part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The residents are very nice

Cons

It’s a small company and the benefits are not great. Organization is a huge deficit

Advice to Management

Stop trying to shore pay the nurses

6. "Activities Director"

Current Employee - Certified Activities Director in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Certified Activities Director in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Meridian Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice working environment. Great Management Team.

Cons

Must work a year to gain vacation time. definitely a long wait.

"Caregiver"

Former Employee - Caregiver in Lompoc, CA
    Former Employee - Caregiver in Lompoc, CA

I worked at Meridian Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved starting off on the MC side! It was an amazing experience that has raised me to a brand new person that I never thought I could be. Yes at times it was very trying on everything in your core, because it's new and unfamiliar, but once the storms had passed, and memories flew in, it was absolutely amazing!

Cons

The staff that has now been fired was very unprofessional. They would schedule you to work 2-3 days in a row and only come in late by 3-4 hours for your new shift. My shift was evenings and i very often got called in to do NOC shifts because we were so short staffed. Training was NOT taken seriously and become a major problem when elders started getting mishandled and abused by people who only saw them as a paycheck.
    Things and health regulations where not in check up until inspection came down.

Advice to Management

Hire more people that genuinely care and not just some joe shmo off the street that needs a job and a quick hire. I loved my residents and when I was terminated because of un just causes and saw how much more down hill the meridian i was stationed at got, its just down right heart breaking.

"Support staff"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spring Hill, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spring Hill, FL

I have been working at Meridian Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

typical of senior living facilities

Cons

low pay and work overload

"All Talk, Very Little Walk"

Former Employee - Executive Director
    Former Employee - Executive Director

I worked at Meridian Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Upper echelon of corporate management is very genuine in their philosophies, business plan, and intention for the company as a whole. WOW Culture is amazing in theory; and given the right resources...do-able.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations placed on community leadership teams to accomplish expected workload and to accomplish WOW culture with very limited resources. While not necessarily intentional, many leaders are set up for failure.

Regional team holds community accountable; however, does not hold themselves accountable to the support they offer.

Scapegoats are used as needed! Six EDs let go in same region within 4 months?!? Hmm?

Advice to Management

Penny wise and pound foolish is not a sound long-term game plan. Stop placing band-aids. Get to the root cause and invest properly of time, resources, and money when necessary.

10. "Meridian"

Pros

Love my residents. Pay is decent, hours are good, and work is fairly easy.

Cons

Management is not so great and corporate is hard to deal with