Meridian Senior Living Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 30, 2018

2.6
Robert Sweet

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Everyone is always working to improve what they can and make this community a great place for our residents" (in 3 reviews)

• "The management team is great to work with and I would recommend working there and sending your loved one for Assisted Living and Memory Care" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "If you need to talk to anyone about problems within the company, there is no one available" (in 6 reviews)

• "Low pay bad management no appreciation frequently payroll mistakes" (in 5 reviews)

1. "Fantastic leadership"

I have been working at Meridian Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have never worked for a company before where the C level executives care for their team so much. From the COO and CEO traveling to assist with hurricane prep to the roof tops of a building that had a fire they truly live by their WOW philosophy.

Cons

I have nothing that resembles a con to working for this company

2. "Medtech"

Current Employee - Medtech in Chester, VA
    Current Employee - Medtech in Chester, VA

I have been working at Meridian Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The residents are the best

Cons

Well lets begin with 11-7 medtechs not giving the residents their meds at 6am. Also staff is sleeping all nigjt with residents still up by themselves a while back we had a resident that was in need of morphine and this particular medtech didn't give the resident her pain she flushed it down the toliet amd the don/rcd knew about it and did nothing and both of them are stll working here also we have stafg stealing supplies taking things home for their personal use meds are being taki g out of the med cart by night medtechs and flushing them. So they won't have to pass them and then document thst they gave the medication which i know for a fact because it was said to numerous co workers that they don't feel like passing meds all the time and to our surprised the state showed up yesterday but we all know that ed and don covered their tracks once again. The don is threatening staff with write ups if yoy don't do what they tell you to do and if you still dont agree with what they say they make up false lies to get you suspended

Advice to Management

Both the ed and don need to be replace asap before some one else gets mistreated under their watch

3. "Unprofessional place of management"

Current Employee - CNA in Chester, VA
    Current Employee - CNA in Chester, VA

I have been working at Meridian Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The residents is great to see

Cons

Managers is nasty the d.o .n is messy she don't come out office only time is to go see a new resident she see residents on floor she walk pass them it's not enough staff for residents I been doing nursing for over 10 yrs and never seen nothing like this we don't have supplies to work with residents be sitting In day room watching tv all day it's nothing for them to do the mangers think they better than the employees then it's raccoons in the dumpster we don't have code to back gates only Maintence and ed has it its to late at night to be going around building in dark to dump garbage I think it's against the law ..

Advice to Management

Do better with staff and respect the ones you have

4. "cook"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Meridian Senior Living full-time

Pros

Non pros at this workplace

Cons

Nasty attitute of the Dietary Director aka Chef

5. "beware"

Former Employee - CMA in Mustang, OK
    Former Employee - CMA in Mustang, OK

I worked at Meridian Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The floor staff you worked with are your family. the families of the residents are amazing

Cons

corporate is a nightmare. from out of state. don't understand local state rules. no chain of command. always switching hands and investors so nothing is ever the same. will work you short handed most of the time.

Advice to Management

Get it together. Take better care of your staff. payroll shouldn't be such a mess. we shouldn't have a new administrator every year. The people you send out to make sure your running your facilities right should know local regulations and not be so rude.

6. "Cna"

Current Employee - CNA in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - CNA in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Meridian Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like the job and the residents

Cons

Residents not treated proper never have clean clothes clothes are being taken from other residents

Advice to Management

Management need to take the time and learn the residents needs

7. "Resident assistant"

Former Employee - Resident Care Assistant in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Resident Care Assistant in Riverside, CA

I worked at Meridian Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the residents were kind and occasionally some staff

Cons

They have med techs and nurses who blatantly steal resident medications and nothing is done. Neglect on residents using the bathroom, showers and daily living activities because there is a lack of staff. Upper management has no problem leaving you alone as in being the only caregiver for 100 people than lying and firing you when you do your job as a mandated reporter and call licensing fo abuse and neglect but will turn it around on you.

Advice to Management

You need all new management. Stop hiring barbie dolls to be your wellness directors and dont hire someone to be your executive director for there first time. And actually own up to your mistakes

8. "corporate is nowhere to be seen"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huber Heights, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huber Heights, OH

I have been working at Meridian Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

an "ok" place to work, the Wellness director is amazing.

Cons

We were bought by meridian 4 months ago. They have yet to get our direct deposit figured out for payroll.
    They promised big things, nothings been delivered.
    We NEVER see corporate in the building despite their promises they would be very active, we have the same management that isn't worth a damn as past 4 companies that have owned us.
    Yearly evals are a joke, you have to give your 2 week notice to get them to do anything.
    Pay is frequently wrong and is very hard to get them to fix.
    The right hand never knows what the left hand is doing, they hired back someone who likes to talk more about himself than anything else.

Advice to Management

Fix the con's I listed and MAYBE just maybe you'd stop the massive revolving door you have, and might even get our census up.

9. "Lpn/residential care manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Meridian Senior Living part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The residents are very nice

Cons

It’s a small company and the benefits are not great. Organization is a huge deficit

Advice to Management

Stop trying to shore pay the nurses

10. "Activities Director"

Current Employee - Certified Activities Director in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Certified Activities Director in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Meridian Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice working environment. Great Management Team.

Cons

Must work a year to gain vacation time. definitely a long wait.