Meridian Senior Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "REGIONAL MANAGER"

Current Employee - Regional Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Manager

I have been working at Meridian Senior full-time

Pros

I work as a regional manager of this company. I have been in the business for many years and have worked for other healthcare companies. I've been fortunate to work for some great companies and I think this is one of them. I think a great company balances business and people and makes sure to take care of it's employees, not just financially but also to listen to them, get to know them, and actually care about them beyond the job duty. It's not often that you find the COO and other senior managers taking the time to not only listen to staff at all levels but take action and make changes based on what is shared. This is done all the time at Meridian. You will find the direct care staff talking to and laughing along with the senior management staff when they visit the building. Senior managers are called by first name, they don't wear fancy suits, and they aren't title happy. The company has a program where they make it a point to find out about the employee as a whole person, actually filling out an employee profile to get to know them better, their interests, their hobbies, what's important to them in a work environment, etc. I know firsthand that they are still trying to make sure all the communities are educated and practicing this and though someone may experience a situation where this hasn't happened, it's important to know that this is the expected practice and culture by community management. I also know they are paying in many cases more than their competitors. I hear the talk, I see the walk, and I know that this culture is very important to them. They want good people who care about their residents and work hard at making their buildings feel great. This is a company that actually includes you in decisions and that doesn't like the answer, "because corporate said so". They explain the why and they're open to listening to your opinions. I have been in meetings with divisional and regional managers and know they want this at their communities; they are not just about the bottom line. People would be surprised at how much talk goes into what we can do to better the lives of the staff and residents. They work hard to try to keep their community managers in tune with this. I am happy to be working for a progressive and caring organization. I'm glad I chose to work for them.

Cons

The company is still growing and managers continue to need training. At times people will encounter a new manager that was with another company that was more top down and they are still learning about Meridian's culture. Employees should not be afraid to share their concerns in case they run into a supervisor that doesn't follow Meridian culture. It happens but most important there are other there to listen and fix.

2. "Management"

I have been working at Meridian Senior full-time

Pros

Great culture, genuine care for staff and residents.

Cons

No company is perfect... in general, no significant cons.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to staff and focus on creating value for customers

3. "Med tech"

Former Employee - Med Tech in Flint, MI
    Former Employee - Med Tech in Flint, MI

I worked at Meridian Senior full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers residents set schedule neat appearance

Cons

Low pay bad management no appreciation frequently payroll mistakes

Advice to Management

Get new management

"Meridian Senior Living"

Former Employee - Med Tech/Caregiver
    Former Employee - Med Tech/Caregiver

Pros

You have the opportunity to positively affect the lives of Seniors.

Cons

Short staff with over workload that may cause the residents safety at risk.

6. "Regional Director"

Current Employee - Regional Director of Sales and Marketing in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Regional Director of Sales and Marketing in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Meridian Senior full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great leadership, even better culture.

Cons

None, great opportunity for growth.

Advice to Management

Communication.

"stay away!"

Current Employee - Business Office Manager in Cranberry, NC
    Current Employee - Business Office Manager in Cranberry, NC

I have been working at Meridian Senior full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the facility is aesthetically pleasing as far as the way the building and the rooms are presented. the patients #1!!!!

Cons

quite simply this company could care less about anything except their money!

"Business Office Manager"

Current Employee - Business Office Manager
    Current Employee - Business Office Manager

I have been working at Meridian Senior full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You get to help others.

Cons

no raises, no 401(k), no direct deposit, only one week vacation for hourly staff no matter how long you've been there.

Advice to Management

my advice would be that if you treat your staff better then your staff would be more willing to do for you.

9. "Growth vs. Quality"

Pros

Wonderful ideas from the senior team

Cons

Growth faster than they can achieve, when acquiring new properties, require them to use systems and software used by all in Meridian. This created too many spreadsheets and reports that were redundant and time consuming. The wonderful game plan and ideas from senior team get lost while trying to complete all the reports.

Advice to Management

Allow pay that equals expectations of the multiple positions. Low paid staff require ED's to do majority of many people's work. No amount of training or "WOW's" can alleviate a pay grade issue.

"Poor"

Current Employee - Care Partner in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Care Partner in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Meridian Senior full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not one good reason to work for Meridian. Stay away, call you to come into work then promise to give gift cards and don't give to you, no direct deposit, terrible vacation plan, no training.

Cons

unprofessional, dirty building, never enough staff, low pay, crooked, don't care about the residents or staff, did I say yo stay away? Stay far away!!! Better off working at McDonalds.

Advice to Management

Get it together, get a clue

"Not great."

Pros

The residents are awesome. Some of the staff members really care about the residents and their will being. It's a job better than no job.

Cons

ED doesn't listen to staff and micromanages everything. All other managers in the community have no authority. Staff get caught sleeping and nothing is done. No call no show? No problem

Advice to Management

Get rid of current Ed and put somebody in that cares about the resident's safety and care.