KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Meritage Homes CEO, Executive Vice President Phillippe Lord
Phillippe Lord
0 Rating

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Meritage Homes and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Oct 29, 2020 - Director of Purchasing in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Encourages a spirit of entrepreneurship.

Cons

It’s really a great work environment.

People Operations

Thank you for the great review! It’s always great to hear from former company leaders when they look back fondly on their time at Meritage. We agree that the Charlotte division encourages a spirit of entrepreneurship and invests in their people. If you ever need anything, please reach out to your former People Operations Leader or HRFeedback@meritagehomes.com.

2. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Overworked

Oct 5, 2021 - Construction Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The money seems nice to start then the work load keeps stacking up and management does nothing to help

Cons

Over worked and worked hard trade partners are not good

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Team

Jul 7, 2021 - Senior Construction Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The team was great to work with and the product was amazing to build.

Cons

Sales team would over sell expectations and construction would have to fix the customer relations. This made navigating the survey at closing very difficult.

People Operations

Thank you for the review. It's always a pleasure to see that a former employee reflects positively on their employment with Meritage Homes. We agree that the team in the Charlotte division are excellent, and clearly understand how to leverage each other's strengths to be successful. We are interested in speaking with you in more detail about the difficulty you experienced working outside of your immediate construction team, and encourage you to contact your former People Operations Leader or HRFeedback@meritagehomes.com

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Best Job of my career

Apr 16, 2020 - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked on the Charlotte team for almost 5 years until I moved to Raleigh because I was getting married. Leaving the team in Charlotte was the hardest thing ever. The division president structures a family caring environment for all. The sales leadership is second to non. Steve Romano is the best sales manager I have ever worked with in my 24 year career as an industry top producer. Also, Jimmy McClurg is an exceptional sales leader. They foster an environment and culture of friendship and family. How great is it to go to work every day with people you love. If you are lucky enough to have a chance to become apart of this organization count yourself blessed! I have been gone almost 1 year now and my father recently past away. I think I have heard from almost everyone on that team. Wonderful exceptional people! I hope to work with all of them again some day.

Cons

Absolutely no downside to working here. You do work weekends and if that is a problem for you then this is prob not the right business for you .

1 person found this review helpful

Human Resources

Thank you for the fantastic review! We’re honored that you consider your Outside Sales Counselor role in NC the best of your career! We couldn’t agree more about the exceptional leadership and culture of friendship and family in Charlotte. It’s important to foster an environment of positive energy and alignment so we are able to win as a team. If you ever need anything, please don’t hesitate to contact your local People Operations leader or HRFeedback@meritagehomes.com.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work

Dec 9, 2020 - Operations Coordinator in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is a Flexible environment

Cons

Not very diverse depending on the division you work at

People Operations

Thank you for the review. We are glad to hear that you believe the Charlotte division is a great place to work, and appreciate the flexible environment. We are excited about the future of Meritage which includes building a more diverse workforce. If you would like to discuss this further, we urge you to contact your Manager, local People Operations Leader or HRFeedback@meritagehomes.com.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Absolutely amazing company bottom to top

Sep 18, 2020 - Outside Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Stand behind their employees, support and growth, recognize a job well done.

Cons

Have to have a team player mentality

1 person found this review helpful

People Operations

Thank you for this amazing review! We are thrilled to see that working at Meritage as a Sales Counselor the last 1-2 years has made such a significant impact on your life. Valuing, recognizing and appreciating each other, our trade partners and our customers is extremely important. Thank you for noticing that this is a practice we stand behind and live every day. We love your advice on continuing to motivate our employees on an individual level and will certainly uphold this. If you ever need anything, feel free to reach out to your manager, local People Operations Leader or HRFeedback@meritagehomes.com.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Meritage is a great place to work

May 8, 2020 - Customer Care Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Opportunity to grow with the organization -Great company culture -Management values feedback and suggestions to improve company -Great spirit -- people working together for common goal and with a can do attitude -Good people with a family environment -Upper leadership strives to give acknowledgement, provide clear direction, foster team environment, and celebrate the wins -Company invests in its employees and has a inclusive environment for everyone -Work Hard and Play Hard

Cons

-Large workloads that can impact live/work balance (if one lets it happen) -Better Health Benefits package - it is based on deductible type plan that covers routine checkup items but ends up costing healthy individuals more for doctor visits

People Operations

Thank you for the review and congratulations on your 3+ years with Meritage Homes. We are excited to hear that you believe Meritage Homes is a great place to work and you appreciate the career growth potential and strong company culture. We understand the Customer Care Department can get busy, but please be assured that we appreciate all you do for our customers. Regarding your suggestion on the healthcare benefits, we would be interested in discussing further. We encourage you to reach out to your local People Operations Leader or HRFeedback@meritagehomes.com.

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Overall a great place to work

May 18, 2020 - Warranty Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule as long as work is being done. I felt that it was a very upbeat work environment.

Cons

I joined with a relatively new division and had to deal with finishing a buy out community from another builder. Company as a whole was great, but had difficulty handling the merger. Positions were not available to move up while I was there, and other opportunities had presented themselves elsewhere.

People Operations

Thank you for the review. It’s great to see that you reflect fondly on your time employed with Meritage Homes. We agree the Charlotte division is an upbeat and positive place to be! We appreciate your dedication to the Customer Care department and helping the Charlotte team grow. If you have anything else you’d like to share we encourage you to reach out to your former People Operations Leader or HRFeedback@mertiagehomes.com.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Magnetic Culture

May 8, 2020 - Sale Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership from the top down promotes and empowers growth.

Cons

That more consumers aren't yet aware the benefits of living in a more comfortable, healthier and energy efficient home and how it will give them peace of mind. In time, they will!

People Operations

Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review and promoting our Develop to Empower core value. At Meritage we are dedicated to investing in our people at all levels of the organization. It sounds like you truly believe in our energy efficient building standards and we would love to discuss this with you more. Please feel free to reach out to your local People Operations Leader or HRFeedback@meritagehomes.com for further dialogue.

10. 4.0
    Current Intern, less than 1 year

Great Place to Intern

Jan 15, 2020 - AIG in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Got to do some meaningful work that clearly added value to the division. The people are very nice and welcoming and there is a very collaborative culture. Lots of independence given.

Cons

Fairly unstructured internship, which can be good or bad depending on who you are. Some days you will be busy all day and some days you will have absolutely nothing to do.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Reviews