Meritage Homes Reviews in Corona, CA | Glassdoor

Meritage Homes Chairman and CEO Steve Hilton
Steve Hilton
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The engineering in the home is amazingly energy efficient (in 11 reviews)

• Friendly environment, fast paced, good pay and benefits (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management is clueless: they don't do any work and are condescending to employees they supervise - who are doing all the work (in 8 reviews)

• High turnover, no tenure in positions (in 5 reviews)

"Challenging yet Innovating"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

I have been working at Meritage Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture of this company is great and everyone I work with is amazing. I've been with this company for over a year, and I have seen many changes along the way. The environment is young, competitive and fast paced. We have lots of growth and lots of cool new projects coming in the horizon. Management is new so they are growing with the rest of the Division, which also means window of opportunities. Meetings which explain our products are very common and a great way to learn about our industry, especially since we are the Leaders in Energy-efficient homes.

Cons

The only issue I have is lack of training and the Health Insurance. But the division is small, compared to the company as a whole , but I guess that's the way it goes, when the division starts growing. New positions get added and we learn as we grow. Wrong information can be relayed by individuals that have one foot out the door.
    Healthcare program is very weak, wish it could be better.

Advice to Management

As the company grows this means lots of new people, and lots of things don't have a clear process yet. Give the employees the opportunity to let their voices be heard, invest in training. Rally departments up, we are one big Family ! we must stick together, and work for the same goal.

"Need to care about employees"

Former Employee - CM III in Corona, CA
    Former Employee - CM III in Corona, CA

I worked at Meritage Homes full-time

Pros

The pay wasn't bad considering.

Cons

Management seemed to only care about protecting themselves and their own job.
    No even flow in building.
    No pride in the quality of the homes...attitude was, just get it done and off our books.
    Warranty/customer service was horrible. They looked for any reason/excuse to deny a homeowners warranty claim.

Advice to Management

Give the guys in the field the support that is truly needed.
    Actions are louder than words, what you sell future employees on how great the culture is of a company you need to actually follow through with.

Meritage Homes Response

Aug 29, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We appreciate your feedback and take your concerns very seriously. We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent and collaborative... More