Meritor Reviews in Florence, KY | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Meritor President & CEO Jay Craig
Jay Craig
1 Rating

Pros
  • Work/life balance is good in some departments but poor in other areass (in 8 reviews)

• Very active position and tons of opportunity to learn with a great group of people to learn from (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management to listen to the people on the floor (in 6 reviews)

• Revolving door management team, bringing their own people in to replace current employees (in 4 reviews)

"Aftermarket Supply Chain"

Former Employee - Supply Chain in Florence, KY
    Former Employee - Supply Chain in Florence, KY

I worked at Meritor (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good people working toward shared goals. Process alignment from sales, to planning, operations, finance and I.T.

Cons

Can be volatile related to Market changes in commercial vehical

Advice to Management

Set realistic goals

2. "Warehouse worker"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

I have been working at Meritor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overtime is optional GUARANTEED 40 HOUR WORK WEEK

Cons

No room for advancement. Limited growth opportunity.

Advice to Management

Fire everybody and start over

3. "A Transitory Environment"

Former Employee - Distribution Specialist in Florence, KY
    Former Employee - Distribution Specialist in Florence, KY

I worked at Meritor (More than 10 years)

Pros

This company is desperate for workers and, while you have to start as a temp, there is almost a 100% chance you will be hired full time. They have the standard so-so insurance, 401K contributions, vacation time and etc.

Cons

Very low pay compared to many other options in Northern Kentucky. Extremely inept leadership, mandatory overtime, 20 plus year old forklifts and other equipment and a dirty working environment. Management more worried about find ways to achieve their annual bonus then creating a positive environment.

Advice to Management

None, won't listen anyway.

"Chaotic"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Florence, KY
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Florence, KY

I have been working at Meritor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Many areas for learning opportunities

Cons

Lots of turnover of mid-level management

Advice to Management

Plan and hold yourself accountable for delivering to stakeholders

6. "Computer Operator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

I worked at Meritor (More than a year)

Pros

The employees are friendly and helpful.

Cons

When I worked there, it was a well run company.

Advice to Management

None

7. "Meh."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

Pros

Very nice people, casual environment

Cons

They don't use people to their full potential.

"Product Management Co-Op"

Current Employee - Product Management Co-op in Florence, KY
    Current Employee - Product Management Co-op in Florence, KY

Pros

Pays not bad, Co-Ops are respected, experience is good. The Florence location is one of the larger offices and has a warehouse attached

Cons

Boring atmosphere, there is little differentiation between levels of management. Some of the work is much too easy and doesn't require much thought

9. "A mistake"

Current Employee - Warehouse in Florence, KY
    Current Employee - Warehouse in Florence, KY

I have been working at Meritor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

optional overtime
    vacation 3 weeks
    They won't fire you unless you don't show up.
    If you need immediate employment here you go.
    Small end of the year bonus.

Cons

11.50 Starting pay after going through a temp service. First raise will at most be 0.52$, but the way the raises work, on average you will only get a 0.39$ for the first year.

Benefits are nothing special and to some not really enough.

The environment of the entire place is really depressing. My coworker is going to a therapist and is being told to quit.

No where to move up. Every position that opens up is already filled with someone that they have in mind.

Point system works against you, you will be put up on a step, and then you are stuck.

Even though it is a voluntary based overtime system, they will make it mandatory with little notice. Any time they are worried stuff won't go out the door the building manager will be there to pressure everyone into working.

The work is separated into three departments. Receiving, Packaging, and Shipping. If you get Shipping(Cops) you just as well quit. I moved from packaging to shipping and now I just hate my life. Drivers make the same pay as everyone else and you will have to lift product in unsafe manners. Things that are way too heavy.

Then there is the employees that have been there for years. They are the laziest, least safe, bad influence, etc etc.... From the top rack with a reach truck they will drop things and act like it never happen and the worst part is still ship product or put it back for someone else to ship so it is their name.

Leads don't do anything, there is nothing really making you work. Other drivers sit in isles and talk blocking you. I've had three employees yell at me, loud enough for about 20 people to take notice, and the most that anyone has ever gotten was a slap on the wrist.

I've seen people deal drugs here. One of them used a bag inside and sealed pills that he had gotten from another employee. Good portion of the drivers deal drugs.

HR will changes rules, safety changes rules, and your leads will change rules. Your job will not be the same job at any given moment.

Safety is a joke. The only time anyone cares about it is when someone gets hurt, and not because someone got hurt. But because safety of the entire building effects everyone's bonus check. Parts that were too heavy were put in a location way too high. The cage holding them opens and a part hits a lady in the back. Someone cut there finger pretty bad on a part and during a little safety meeting all I hear is dammit my bonus check. It is too the point where senior employees will recommend to new hires not to report injuries. And if you do report injuries you will be fired.

Drug test are actually pretty stupid around here. Because I've seen a manager let some employees not go after a incident when they were supposed to. I've dropped on three different occasions a brake shoe. Something that Meritor buys for like 8$ a piece. As a reach truck driver I can't see some of the things that a picker does until it is too late, but you are taught that it is your fault, and other people will have told you not to say anything and to just ship it, even with a crack.

Every day is getting harder and harder for me to wake up and go into work. I am sore from lifting +80lbs off the floor, I am depressed from hearing everyone hate their job, I feel no one notices how hard I work when others stand and talk. I have waited at my job hoping things would get better, and it has been a slippery slop in the other direction.

I honestly hope that I can stop anyone from working here, I have been honest, and I don't believe that anyone deserves to be treated in this manner.

Advice to Management

Do your job, rate your employees, stop with the crap pay. Not going to get good workers if you don't pay them enough.

"great benefits. terrible company."

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Florence, KY
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Florence, KY

Pros

Company offers great benefots to full timers.

Cons

Expect far too much from an individual

Advice to Management

Do your job!!

11. "Great Company to Gain Experience"

Former Intern - Product Management Co-op in Florence, KY
    Former Intern - Product Management Co-op in Florence, KY

I worked at Meritor as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Meritor allowed me to gain valuable knowledge not only in the trucking industry, but business in general. I will be forever grateful for the opportunity to work for such a great company.

Cons

If wanting to seek employment after college, there are not many opportunities for employment.

Advice to Management

Create a system where interns have more of a chance to continue working full-time after graduation.