Meritor Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Meritor President & CEO Jay Craig
Jay Craig

Pros
  • Work/life balance is good in some departments but poor in other areass (in 9 reviews)

• Very active position and tons of opportunity to learn with a great group of people to learn from (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management to listen to the people on the floor (in 6 reviews)

• Revolving door management team, bringing their own people in to replace current employees (in 4 reviews)

"I wake up every morning looking forward to the journey."

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Meritor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management, work life balance, access to resources, and the feeling that you can have an actual impact in a global organization with +8,000 employees. Modern, safe, and fun work environment with extremely talented employees. All levels from low level management to executive leadership are committed to their employees and leading the company in a very transparent yet extremely competitive matter.

Cons

While the commercial vehicle industry is vital to the economy and in some fashion directly connected to almost every other industry it still is not the most glamorous industry.

Advice to Management

Run with the Bull is an amazing and transformational movement that has set a precedent for the commercial vehicle industry. Corporate and brand identity/awareness may not be as critical in terms of the nature of our business, but when it comes to recruiting young talent for roles in an aging industry there is nothing millennials desire more than working for a "cool" company.

2. "Perfect for learning new things"

Current Intern - Mechanical Engineering Intern in Troy, MI
    Current Intern - Mechanical Engineering Intern in Troy, MI

I have been working at Meritor as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Good size company and people are very friendly over here.
    You get opportunity to work on innovative things

Cons

Not many job openings for recent graduates

3. "Meritor is a pleasant place to work"

Current Employee - Quality Production Specialist in Plainfield, IN
    Current Employee - Quality Production Specialist in Plainfield, IN

I have been working at Meritor full-time

Pros

They have very good benefits, family oriented, programs created to
    make the workplace expand to great ideas & safety in the work place!

Cons

Depending on employees, lots of overtime at times can be stressful!

"Found Home"

Current Employee - Manager in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Manager in Troy, MI

I have been working at Meritor (More than 8 years)

Pros

Much like family, Meritor isn't perfect, but all of the employees try hard, and it feels like family. There has been a lot of promoting from within in the past few years, which seems to really result in a group of leaders that listen and care for their people. The CEO was instrumental in rolling out the last top-down company plan called M2016 - visionary and easy to follow. Personally, I bounced around several auto-industry Tier 1 suppliers, then when that industry crashed in 2008, Found Home at Meritor.

Cons

Big global organization that is a little silo'ed but trying to be as matrixed as possible, and tough introduction of new global processes and IS systems. Same issues that all $xB global corporations have to tackle ...

Advice to Management

Keep showing us the path to success with M2019 and trust us that we can all get there together.

6. "Project Management co-op"

Current Intern - Project Manager in Rochester, MI
    Current Intern - Project Manager in Rochester, MI

I have been working at Meritor as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Work with a great group of people. My manager is totally awesome. Always willing to help, whether is personal or job related. The flexible work hours is really nice. The culture is diverse, family oriented, and its easy to place to get stuff done.

Cons

The Cons to this place are very few. One complaint I have heard is the PM process is too stringent. I have also heard that the it is not a truly global company,

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to keep up the good work, With management that cares about it employees, an employee is eager to come into work everyday and work hard.

7. "Facilitator"

Current Employee - Facilitator in Fletcher, NC
    Current Employee - Facilitator in Fletcher, NC

Pros

Meritor is a great place to work. .

Cons

I really don't have any cons to give.

Advice to Management

None

8. "Meritor Review"

Former Employee - Intern in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Intern in Troy, MI

I worked at Meritor (More than a year)

Pros

tremendous company to work a, nice people, human resources was great to work with, the purchasing department knows what they are doing and will always be on top of everything, overall great family atmosphere

Cons

1. I don't quite like the office decoration style. A little bit stressful and factory like. 2. The compensation is better than Google but not as good as other smaller companies. 3. Despite good acquisitions for solidify the position in social media, social networks, there is still uncertainty about the future of this particular work place

Advice to Management

Must Keep the company feeling small, don't let growth ruin the values we all believe in, also increase company bonuses and company vacations. keep doing what your doing as your a great place to work at in the state of michigan and midwest area.

9. "Great Company to Gain Experience"

Former Intern - Product Management Co-op in Florence, KY
    Former Intern - Product Management Co-op in Florence, KY

I worked at Meritor as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Meritor allowed me to gain valuable knowledge not only in the trucking industry, but business in general. I will be forever grateful for the opportunity to work for such a great company.

Cons

If wanting to seek employment after college, there are not many opportunities for employment.

Advice to Management

Create a system where interns have more of a chance to continue working full-time after graduation.

"Fun Place To Work"

Former Employee - Assembler in Frankfort, KY
    Former Employee - Assembler in Frankfort, KY

Pros

Management treats you like family. Very fair work environment where safety comes first. Focus on Meritor Production System to eliminate waste and get to root cause of problems on the line. Clean work environment.

Cons

Pay should increase for people starting out. Would also like to see more focus on training and career development for assembly line workers. Need to reinstate tuition reimbursement program for all employees.....not just a select few.

"good company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

I worked at Meritor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

it was a great company to work for (I worked for the old Arvin side of the business). The Meritor culture changed once the companies merged, but the company was good.

Cons

The company got big quickly after the merger. They still treated employees well. I don't have a lot of negative things to say.

Advice to Management

Build a company culture, continue to invest in your employees, develop a sustainable vision and values statement. Have fun.