KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Part of Dentsu
Is this your company?

Merkle

Add a Review

Merkle Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Aug 18, 2021

Found 44 of over 1,226 reviews

3.8
Merkle CEO Craig Dempster
Craig Dempster
Pros
  • "nice colleagues & very smart people(in 84 reviews)

• "Good work life balance is there(in 83 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Integration with dentsu means less Merkle culture more dentsu culture(in 125 reviews)

• "Work life balance is not as expected(in 97 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Merkle

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Merkle and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Paid Social Analyst

Feb 17, 2021 - Paid Social Analyst in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Merkle offers competitive pay for entry level positions

Cons

In return they require long hours

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 3.0

Long Hours, Average Pay, Unorganized Management

Aug 18, 2021 - Digital Media Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work, lots of experience, decent pay, i need more words for pros so here you go

Cons

long hours, little to no training for specific clients, understaffed, extremely high turnover

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Beware

Feb 7, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, hours, work from home if needed. Great team members for the most part.

Cons

Poor managers who treat employees like children. The pay is not competitive to the market. The benefits are not as good as other jobs. HR is a joke when asking for help. Poor career advancement if they should pay more than they want to pay a person. Lots of work and long hours. There will be 1 or 2 team members who barely do any work but managers will act like they don’t see it while the rest of the team is overworked and under paid.

6 people found this review helpful

HR Administrator

We’re sorry you had this experience at Merkle. This sounds like it wasn’t a good fit. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Challenging, but rewarding work!

Sep 22, 2019 - Operations in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great benefits and perks (free coffee and snacks, Burrito Mondays!) - Office location is in a thriving area in downtown - Company promotes from the inside and truly grows and invests in its talent - Many employees come from strong background, providing a lot of knowledge and resources to the organization

Cons

There are many long hours on the job, so the workload can be demanding. The agency life isn't for everyone.

HR Administrator

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you are enjoying being a part of the Merkle team! We recognize that our employees work hard, so we offer a flexible vacation plan to offset extra time put in and to optimize work/life balance for everyone. We encourage employees to reach out to their Career Advocates and HR Business Partner to discuss optimal work/life balance.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Positive but stressful

Aug 1, 2019 - Editorial Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overall I had a very positive experience there. Great group of people and very flexible workplace (remote option 1-2 days/week)

Cons

Long hours; you never know when you'll be able to leave or log out for the day. Tight deadlines.

HR Administrator

Thank you for sharing your experience. We agree that one of the best things about Merkle are the talented individuals that work here. Although our employees are not always expected to work long hours, sometimes there is a business need as we want to deliver exceptional service to each of our clients. We recognize that our employees work hard, so we offer a flexible vacation plan to offset extra time put in and to optimize work/life balance for everyone. We encourage employees to reach out to their Career Advocates and HR Business Partner to discuss optimal work/life balance.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great perks, but doesn't make up for how awful the actual work is

Jul 10, 2019 - Senior Account Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home opportunities, unlimited paid vacation, happy hours and activities for employees, and the health insurance is great.

Cons

The job itself is mind-numbing, tedious, and stressful. Expect to work long hours and have more and more responsibility thrust upon you without recognition or pay raises.

HR Administrator

We are glad that you are enjoying the flexibility that Merkle has to offer, as we try our best to help employees maintain a healthy work/life balance. Although our employees are not expected to work long hours like you described, sometimes there is a business need as we want to deliver exceptional service to each of our clients. We advise you to reach out to your HR Business Partner and Career Advocate to discuss work/life balance as we strive to foster an open relationship between employees and their managers and want our employees to have the best experience possible.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee

Don't work here unless you are desperate for a job

Mar 18, 2019 - SEM Analyst in Charlottesville, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learn new skills: SQL, Excel, etc. Meet some really great people. Young and friendly atmosphere

Cons

Terrible compensation plan. Entry level position salary does not match the work you are expected to. Expect to juggle multiple clients and staying long hours on more than one occasion for very little play Upward mobility is limited Abuse of power from managers Ego trip by people in management position Respect boundary can be crossed

11 people found this review helpful

HR Administrator

Thank you for your feedback. We agree that we have some really great people here at Merkle and are so glad that you recognize that. We continuously evaluate our compensation structure to ensure that we remain market relevant. Our people do work hard, but we encourage everyone to take advantage of our flexible vacation policy to help optimize work life balance. We do take your comments about abuse of power very seriously as we do not allow inappropriate behavior in the workplace. We encourage anyone who feels that way to reach out to our HR department with their concerns.

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

fix your issues

Feb 25, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good coworkers, very nice company outings and dinners and holiday events

Cons

Low pay, stressful environment, rude managers and higher personnel, worked long hours just to not get the benefits of a full time employee, issues when it came to your child being sick

9 people found this review helpful

HR Administrator

Thank you for your review. Merkle is very proud of the work our people do in our Response Management Group. The RMG group, along with the larger Merkle organization, continues to evaluate our benefits to ensure market relevancy. Regarding your comment about personnel attitudes, we expect all employees to treat everyone with respect and encourage you to reach out to Merkle's HR department.

9. 2.0

Good for entry level

Nov 1, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hire straight out of college. You have access to lots of interesting clients and are surrounded by smart people.

Cons

Long hours, low pay, no growth opportunities. Classic agency.

HR Administrator

Thank you for your review. We believe that we have the best clients in the industry and we have great people doing cutting edge work. We do work hard for our clients, but we do recognize the importance of employees taking time off to recharge and offer a flexible vacation plan to help our people achieve an optimal work life balance. With that, we are also committed to helping our employees grow internally with an enhanced Career Framework that provides enhanced clarity throughout their careers within Merkle.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee

Associate Manager

Sep 5, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible PTO, great team , career development

Cons

Long hours sometimes, volume of work can be demanding

Head of Recruitment

We are delighted to hear that you feel you work in a great team and that your role is offering good career development. We recognise that our environment is very fast paced, mainly through the nature of the projects we run and client delivery. We hope that on the flip side this offers a real challenge and a positive learning curve. We would always want to help support you in the busier times so please do pop and see your manager if you ever feel the need to talk this through.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 44 Reviews