KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Part of Dentsu
Is this your company?

Merkle

Add a Review

Merkle Employee Reviews about "smart people"

Updated Oct 16, 2020

Found 75 of over 1,221 reviews

3.8
Merkle CEO Craig Dempster
Craig Dempster
Pros
  • "Smart people and cutting edge technology(in 75 reviews)

• "Great work life balance - I rarely finish later than what is required of me(in 64 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Can be a tough work/life balance depending on clients(in 74 reviews)

• "Boring, long hours in front of computer screen(in 43 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Merkle

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Merkle and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "smart people"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Aug 11, 2020 - Email Marketing Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Excellent internal teams - Great benefits - Work with smart people - Interesting hierarchy (you are assigned a Career Advocate who is agnostic to your account to advance your career, instead of your Manager on the account) - MAJOR PLUS - Great company values for a large company - Profitable company

Cons

- Clients can be tough (as any agency can experience), so your client matters - Teams work really closely, so if one person on your team isn't up to speed or doesn't care, your whole team suffers - I really did enjoy working for this company! I, unfortunately, had a direct Manager that blocked my growth with the company (rare), which is why I left for an opportunity at a higher up position.

1 person found this review helpful

HR Administrator

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the time you took to write this review, including the emphasis on your coworkers. We agree, we have wonderful people that work here at Merkle and have excellent internal teams.

2. 4.0

Smart people and cutting edge technology

Oct 16, 2020 - Retired in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Smart people and cutting edge technology

Cons

Shaky management structure that changes often

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Former Employee

Perfect place if you’re looking to master SEO

Aug 26, 2020 - Senior SEO Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited PTO, Flexible telework, extremely smart people

Cons

Very siloed, have to spend a lot of time in one expertise before having a role that allows you to work on different parts of marketing

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Smart People, Lots of Men at Top

Jul 14, 2020 - Vice President in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Smart people doing smart things. Well positioned in holding co. Forward thinking and progressive.

Cons

Gender disparity is real here. All men at the top. Very hard to get ahead if you are a woman. Boys club mentality is hard to understand, influence, and change. Lots of ingrained gender bias. History of boys club is hurting this company to move forward and become a player in the world of the systems integrators.

4 people found this review helpful

HR Administrator

Thank you for your feedback. We agree that we have some of the best people in the business working for Merkle. Additionally, we understand that the media industry has a legacy of a lack of female leadership at the executive levels. That being said, we are excited to say that we have taken some concrete steps to change this, such as welcoming Wendy Clark and Jacki Kelley to the executive leadership team.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Similar to any agency

Jan 27, 2020 - Analyst in Burbank, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- streamlined process - training provided - work with smart people

Cons

- no work life balance

HR Administrator

Thank you for sharing your experience. We agree, we work with some of the best people in the business! There are seasons when our employees work incredibly hard. To help employees, we offer benefits such as flexible leave and occasional work from home opportunities to offset their hard work.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Lovely place to work

Jan 7, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very smart people, fun to work with

Cons

Lots of travel at times

HR Administrator

Thank you for sharing your feedback on this platform. We agree, we work with some of the best people in the business! We pride ourselves on the fun, yet hard-working culture that we have cultivated here at Merkle.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Peers, terrible Management

Apr 10, 2019 - Senior Manager in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home, flexibility Smart people

Cons

Management is a mess and constantly in flux If you are hard working, you will be picking up the slack for Managers that do little to nothing Career Paths are non-existent Whiners tend to get promoted

4 people found this review helpful

HR Administrator

Thank you for your feedback. We believe that we have some of the best leaders at Merkle and continue to provide training for our leadership. We encourage all of our employees to take advantage of our newly enhanced Career Framework which helps all of our employees get a better understanding of where they fit in the organization and the steps they should take to grow in their career with Merkle.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Senior Business Systems Analyst

Nov 27, 2018 - Senior Business Systems Analyst in Little Rock, AR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Benefits Flexible in working in office or home Fantastic work atmosphere Super Smart People

Cons

I have not found any cons yet

8 people found this review helpful
    9. 2.0

Good for entry level

Nov 1, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hire straight out of college. You have access to lots of interesting clients and are surrounded by smart people.

Cons

Long hours, low pay, no growth opportunities. Classic agency.

HR Administrator

Thank you for your review. We believe that we have the best clients in the industry and we have great people doing cutting edge work. We do work hard for our clients, but we do recognize the importance of employees taking time off to recharge and offer a flexible vacation plan to help our people achieve an optimal work life balance. With that, we are also committed to helping our employees grow internally with an enhanced Career Framework that provides enhanced clarity throughout their careers within Merkle.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to learn

Aug 20, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- You'll be working with a lot of smart people, mostly. - People willing to help each other. - Warm welcome.

Cons

- Cliques and politics might exist.

HR Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review! We agree that Merkle has some of the best people in the industry and we are so glad to have you on our team!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 75 Reviews