Cover image for Merkle

Part of Dentsu
Engaged Employer

Merkle

Add a Review

Merkle Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

3.7
66% Recommend to a Friend
Merkle CEO Craig Dempster
77% Approve of CEO
3.7
Merkle CEO Craig Dempster
Craig Dempster

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your exclusive Company Bowl on Community. Join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor

Pros
  • "Great people in the office who care what you are doing and want the best for you.(in 225 reviews)
  • "They haven't demanded a return to office and (depending on department) work/life balance is good.(in 103 reviews)
  • "It's a great culture and place to learn digital marketing(in 90 reviews)
  • "Some what good benefits if you apply for them(in 69 reviews)
  • "Great people and team to guide you around on your actual work(in 48 reviews)
Cons
  • "Low salary and not own product.(in 78 reviews)
  • "Low pay and no January promotions(in 67 reviews)
  • "Bad management and HR doesn't help with issues when brought to their attention.(in 57 reviews)
  • "Senior leadership (although with the best intentions) sometimes fail to communicate changes clearly.(in 50 reviews)
  • "There are some bad managers(in 45 reviews)

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Merkle and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email

Found 262 of over 2K reviews

Updated Sep 28, 2023

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Jul 4, 2022
      Former Employee, more than 1 year
      Barcelona
      Recommend
      CEO Approval
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment many HR initiatives. Good work life balance and flexibility. International environment and mostly friendly people.

Cons

Once they see you are good at your job, they will block any option to change teams/departments. Not enough career development.

1. 5.0
        Aug 24, 2020
        Senior Vice President, Business Development & Sales
        Current Employee, more than 3 years
        London, England
        Recommend
        CEO Approval
        Business Outlook

Pros

Strong revenue growth, smartest group of people I have ever worked with, focus on growth through promotion of people through the business.

Cons

Work/life balance can be tricky but COVID (and work from home) has actually helped with that!

Thank you for your posting and for calling out the topics you have chosen relating to our growth and managing the careers of our people. Our people make our business and are fundamental to both our success as an agency and being able to offer a progressive environment to learn in. It is true that agency life is busy at times and our culture is fast paced but we hope this presents many opportunities to learn and grow.

2. Join the Merkle team

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

192.8K

Principal Customer Success Manager

Are case studies/presentations a normal part of interview processes? This is in addition to several interview rounds. These typically take 2 days to do, and require of anywhere from 6-15 slides worth of information, and require deep dives into company product portfolios, use cases, competitive advantages, application to fictitious customer scenario JUST to present. It's exhausting to have to do multiples of these and feels like free labor.

1 Comment

QA Specialist II

im beating myself up. I had 3rd interview yesterday. I think all interviews went well, particularly my 2nd one. In this one (and now that I’m thinking about it, this also happened in my first one) I accidentally started answering a question before the interviewer finished the question. When I realized I did this, I immediately stopped and said “im sorry I interrupted you, please continue”. When this happened yesterday, the interviewer stopped to jot something down. Did I cost myself the job??

1 Comment

MuteSix

I’ve gone through too many interviews now, with some being extremely promising until the 3rd-4th round and I get hit with an email stating: “We’re putting this position on hold to refocus on what we really need from the role” Or something similar. What is going on with these job postings and then freezing the hiring? I can’t be just a Q4 thing because I’ve gone through this over the summer with multiple interviews. Is it me? Or is the market really that right for everyone right now?

7 Comments

Glassdoor has 2,186 Merkle reviews submitted anonymously by Merkle employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Merkle is right for you.