Merz North America Reviews | Glassdoor

Merz North America Reviews

Updated Sep 19, 2019

Found 30 reviews

2.9
Merz North America CEO Bob Rhatigan (no image)
Bob Rhatigan
  1. "Merz is a Best Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Coordinator

I have been working at Merz North America full-time

Pros

- Great benefits, including pet insurance and acupuncture coverage. Premiums are lowest I have seen in a long time - Lots of opportunities for development - CEOs, both local and global, provide regular business updates - Culture is great - employees are kind, collaborative, and supportive - Great location in the triangle area

Cons

- With a mid-size company, sometimes demands are high for small teams which can lead to longer hours.

Merz North America2019-09-19
  2. "Unprofessional"

Current Employee - Accounting Clerk in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Merz North America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits are the only reason many stay

Cons

CEO, CFO, have no clue how hard their employees work for them. To many of us care about the position we have undertaken yet management hands out candy for a Thank you and all we want is respect and to listen. Stay away from HR they are corporate people and will do nothing to assistant employee, be prepared to get fired if HR is contacted from what I have observed.

Advice to Management

Management would practice core values. You ask then why to we stay... its close to home, benefits are OK and we need a job. But we are all still looking and you say your responses have been the same for the past 5 yrs. " you may work hard but we don't care you are just a number".

Merz North America2019-08-29

"Bob Rhatigan Has Zero Care for Home Office Employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Merz North America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

PTO, Benefits, Location, Individual Impact On Overall Business

Cons

CEO has zero regard for rewarding and retaining home office employees. He’s 100% focused on making the sales team happy and that’s it.

Advice to Management

The sales team is WAY too needy. They’ve been hand held for too long, at the expense of the home office. Let’s teach them to be real working adults. Reward and treat the home office staff. When work loads are too thin, let’s fix it rather than going on hiring freezes. Train the regional directors on how to actually be managers, not just glorified TMs that call/email everyone because they don’t care to learn how to... manage and rather push things off on home office. Also, surprise bonuses go a LONG way for retaining overworked people. Think about that...

Merz North America2019-04-23
  4. "Too much change and confusion"

Current Employee - Sales in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Merz North America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Unlimited expenses, autonomy, lots of responsibility

Cons

Growth opportunities, transparency, equal footing for all, benefits, communication

Advice to Management

Have more specific policies so employees know what to expect

Merz North America2019-04-16

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

I have been working at Merz North America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work Life Balance; PTO; Competitive Salary

Cons

some growing pains as the company transitions from Traditional Pharma to Aesthetics

Advice to Management

continue to pursue improvements

Merz North America2019-01-11

"The "new" Allergan"

I worked at Merz North America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Pay and Benefits. You will meet some great people through this company. When you leave, Merz will look good on your resume.

Cons

Merz used to be a great company but it changed once we got a new CEO. Don't let LinkedIn fool you, as a female you will be discriminated against. Many females who were in high position were fired. The evolution of sexism in the company over the last year and a half was astonishing. Turnover at one point was above 40% becasue employees were so unhappy. You will be paid well, but don't don't expect to be treated... fairly. I left because I had too much integrity in myself to stay.

Advice to Management

Just be honest, good, people. Your employees are more than just worker bees. Control upper management's comments and actions before a HR nightmare occurs.

Merz North America2018-12-04

"Merz Ultherapy Review"

Former Employee - Quality Manager in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Merz North America full-time for less than a year

Pros

Salary, Location Nothing else, Bad company

Cons

Dishonest upper management Corruption in the leadership in Ultherapy Bad management Bad politics No respect No ethics High employee turn-around.

Advice to Management

Stop lying. Treat your employees better and don't lie to them. You guys made it the worst medical device company.

Merz North America2018-11-30
  8. "Can't wait to be hired full-time!"

I have been working at Merz North America part-time

Pros

Great pay and benefits, as well as a lot of PTO upon joining the team. My managers are very great to work with; they communicate clearly and effectively and support their team well. There is also opportunity for advancement and career exploration. New CEO has lead the company on an upward-trend, which is great for employees and customers.

Cons

There are always lots of projects to work on at once, which some people like and some don't. There could be more position-specific training.

Advice to Management

Continue with training programs for leaders and managers to ensure they know how to treat their subordinates. Keep up the good work!

Merz North America2018-04-23

"Would not recommend"

I have been working at Merz North America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Competitive pay. Most employees are friendly. Kitchen has multiple vending machines. Generous vacations given, with holiday shutdown week in December.

Cons

“Poor” communication is a complement. Some directors do not know the roles of anyone in their department. Never seen as many employees bypass managers in assigning work. Very unhappy employees with no motivation. High turnover rate has a reason.

Advice to Management

Nobody will listen

Merz North America2018-04-21

"Merz successful translation from pharma to aesthetic business"

Former Employee - Associate Medical Director in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Merz North America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Merz NA is the affiliate of a nice family owned German pharmaceutical and aesthetic company willing to become a more respected key payer on the aesthetic market behind Allergan and Ipsen. Business strrategies are straight forward and comprehesive. Colleagues are competent and helpful, contributing significantly to global R&D success of both businesses.

Cons

The German office gain more and more authority over the US organisation, arbitrary changes in structure and location of the office let many employees leave. This made high turnover and lack of consecutive translation of knowledge.

Advice to Management

Keeping autonomy within the global acting small company in a challanging environment could lead to severe attrition of cooperative intention, trying to understand motivational factors and mentality of German stakeholders helps a lot.

Merz North America2018-01-11