MetaCompliance Reviews | Glassdoor

MetaCompliance CEO Robert O Brien
Robert O Brien
  1. "Rewarding environment"

Current Employee - Sales in Derry, Northern Ireland

I have been working at MetaCompliance full-time for more than a year

Pros

MetaCompliance is a fast-paced ambitious company. This means that if you're fast-paced and ambitious then you'll succeed and be highly rewarded. The company is using some of the best software available to equip every area of the business to deliver the best results. Management always encouraging everyone to think of themselves as competing and winning against the best in the world, which really encourages you to up... your game. The opportunity for growth and development is endless, on many occasions you find yourself at events and courses with your entire team, whilst other often larger organisations only send one person, this really gives you a sense that the company care about you and that the cost of development is irrelevant.

Cons

Nothing out of the ordinary

Advice to Management

Continue to hire great people to join the already great team, set the expectations and keep up the pace.

MetaCompliance2019-08-07

September 9, 2019HR and Contracts

Hello and thank you for your review. We are sincerely delighted that you are getting so much out of your experience working at MetaCompliance. It is important to us that you are getting the right support either through external courses as you mentioned or internal coaching and mentoring. We will of course keep the focus on bringing more like minded people on board and please if you feel their are areas we could improve on, use the internal suggestion box. We'd love to hear more constructive feedback.

"A great opportunity for graduates"

Former Employee - SDR in Derry, Northern Ireland

I worked at MetaCompliance full-time for more than a year

Pros

- If you're looking for a career path after university Metacompliance is a fantastic route to go down. - Young/lively workforce who all have the same aim to succeed in their career. - Plenty of guidance and support. - Various training programmes are made available to help you with your development. - Achievable bonuses - not many organisations will offer a bonus structure like MetaCompliance. - The company... has invested a lot in their staff. You will be using the best systems on the market which makes your job so much easier. - Plenty of different Rewards such as getting bought breakfast/dinner etc. - Friendly environment to work in have met and made some great friends. - Wages will not stay the same, promotions are very realistic.

Cons

None that I can think of. Work hard and the rewards will follow.

MetaCompliance2019-08-01

September 9, 2019HR and Contracts

Hello and thank you for your review. It is very encouraging to get such positive feedback from a former employee and we hope your new role, is just as fulfilling for you personally and for your future career. We understand starting a role as a graduate is as scary as it can be exciting. We continue to work hard to ensure it is a welcoming and rewarding start to your career when you join MetaCompliance. Also, your advice is perfect, it is what we tell every new start at induction, ' work hard and the rewards will follow'. Thanks once more and best wishes for the future, you never know, you could be back in Derry and with MetaCompliance in a more senior role again in a few years time.

"Avoid"

Former Employee - Training Coordinator in Derry, Northern Ireland

I worked at MetaCompliance full-time for more than a year

Pros

I dont work here no more

Cons

Advertises graduate jobs and pays 16,000 for working to the bone. The money is not worth the effort put in. Staff very clicky and false promises of promotion made to a lot of staff.

MetaCompliance2019-09-06

September 9, 2019HR and Contracts

Hello and thank you for your review. It must have been some time ago that you left your employment with MetaCompliance. Our graduate entry salaries have not been at that level for over 4 years, which would have been market rate at that time. Now, the starting figure reflects the current market rate and, as the individual's skill set and value grows, we reward them on an annual basis, or earlier if promotion is involved. These are not false promises. We often refer to MetaCompliance as being a meritocracy were the rewards equal the effort made. This has been true for 8 - 10% of our staff as they have received promotions in the last 12 months. This is significant due to the rate at which the company is expanding and also the quality of employees in our workforce who are deserving of this recognition. With regard to your last point, working hours are a standard 37.5 hours and we don't feel that is excessive. We hope you have found employment elsewhere that you enjoy and is providing the fulfilment we all deserve in our working lives.

"No opportunity like it in Derry"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Derry, Northern Ireland

I worked at MetaCompliance full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Being part of such a fast growing company gives you a great chance to grow and develop, both personally and professionally with great promotion opportunities. - Strong bonus structure which gives you the opportunity to increase your base wage significantly. - The company are continually investing in training for employees as well as the best in market softwares. - Very open management structure, employees... have daily interaction with directors. - Not a job ‘just to get by’. They demand high standards and hard work however with this comes the strong bonuses and promotions. If you are ambitious and willing to put in the work, you will reap the rewards.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and listening to employees.

MetaCompliance2019-07-08

September 9, 2019HR and Contracts

Hello and thank you for your review. Many thanks for the positive comments. You will be glad to know we are indeed continuing to listen to our employees. Two new groups have been established internally - Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Team and Employee Recognition Group (ERG). These, with other means in place, allow our employees to reach management, including the CEO and effect change. The success of MetaCompliance is based on its foundation. That foundation is our staff and we won't forget it.

"Tread Carefully"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Derry, Northern Ireland

I have been working at MetaCompliance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of young, talented people who work there. Some genuinely great workers and even better people. Competitive commission rates if you get the chance.

Cons

A few months in, I went to 2 different members of management telling them that I was suffering with serious mental health issues with problems outside of work and was basically ignored. They were too worried about their own 'targets.' I then approached a senior member of the management team informally who said they would speak to me next time we were in the office. I was let go the following Monday for no specific... reasons when challenged - only 'conduct and capability.' This had a very bad affect on my mental health. This company may seem as though they are bringing jobs to Derry but I am just one of the many, many people who have been let go in similar circumstances with no warning or explanation - massively denting employee confidence in a town where it seems to be at a premium. Huge staff turnover - have to ask how they can afford it. Management are all relatives of CEO who aren't educated in their departments. One manager was very patronising in tone and liked to make jokes about other members of staff. Blatantly obvious which reviews have been put on Glassdoor to take the bad look from the poor but honest ones. See 2nd September 2018 for reference.

Advice to Management

Let your line managers manage rather than having their own targets. Running your business like a prison is not how to get buy in from your employees. Create a positive working environment and the results will speak for themselves. Introduce flexi time.

MetaCompliance2019-04-16

September 9, 2019HR and Contracts

Hello and thank you for your review Firstly we take mental health issues seriously at MetaCompliance. As this is an anonymous review I can only accept what you are stating here to be your opinion of the unfolding of events leading to your dismissal but having looked into this matter there is no record of a health issue of this nature being raised. As you are aware, each staff member has the ability to provide feedback at the end of each month's documented performance review and this is countersigned as having been read and understood by management. There are also weekly 1 to 1's with your team lead. This would have been the obvious and most direct way of raising an issue and having it dealt with. Meetings with your management team can be organised by a staff member at any point outside of this process. A simple message in Teams or just sending the meeting request through Outlook could have made the required time to discuss an issue of any kind. Also, as you are aware, we invest in a Health and Wellness program for staff that includes GP support, mental health support and cash back on health related expenses. We have this in place to support the staff that make MetaCompliance the growing company it is. With regard to the reason for dismissal, this is standard terminology and not meant to cause distress. Any areas for improvement would have been highlighted to you well in advance of any dismissal in the regular performance appraisals and 1 to 1 meetings you would have had with your line manager. We can understand your hurt having left MetaCompliance under these circumstances but it is to our benefit as much as the employees to leave termination as a last resort once all other avenues have been exhausted. This is how we maintain an industry average attrition rate in a scaling company. I'm not going to comment too much on your points regarding the management team and the Glassdoor reviews as it seems this speaks to your hurt rather than being grounded in actual fact or reality. Lastly, all positions are target based in any organisation, particularly management positions. We cannot apologise for this and targets would have been heavily discussed with you during recruitment and induction. It would be difficult for any driven organisation to operate without these but they are not in place at the expense of managing our staff or dealing with issues as they are raised. The weekly and monthly interactions are meant to support staff in all areas of development and assist with this. We do appreciate you taking the time to provide the review, even if it is a negative one, we will continue to learn and grown and sincerely wish nothing but the best for you in the future.

"Not a place to mess about. If you work hard you'll do well."

I have been working at MetaCompliance full-time

Pros

Great career progression opportunities. Lots of promotions from within. Pays very good wages for Derry. Enjoy coming to work each day.

Cons

High staff turnover. Getting a bad rep locally.

Advice to Management

Make it clear during recruitment how challenging and fast paced working at metacompliance is.

MetaCompliance2019-02-09

February 14, 2019HR and Contracts

Hello and thank you for your review. We are delighted that you enjoy coming to work each day and you recognise the opportunities afforded to staff via internal promotion. The promotion opportunities are a result of our significant growth, unfortunately, as noted under 'Cons' we did also experience some losses as a result of this as well. Positively, attrition has reduced to a below industry average level in the last 9 months. We found that just mentioning the fast paced work environment and high standards required to become a permanent staff member in interview and on job descriptions was not enough. In explaining what this meant in reality, and relating it to the specific role we were recruiting for, individuals better understood why this was important and what we as a growing company were looking to achieve. You could clearly see through this conversation who was motivated by this personal and professional challenge and opportunity. Equally, we would be doing our current staff a great disservice if we were to lower those standards, reduce the rate of growth and therefore reward for all. Many thanks for your comments, we look forward to you continuing with us on this journey.

"Ambitious local software company heading onwards and upwards"

I have been working at MetaCompliance full-time

Pros

Friendly, supportive, innovative and creative fast paced environment to work.

Cons

None, apart from some smaller issues to be expected working at any company.

MetaCompliance2019-01-19

January 25, 2019HR and Contracts

Hello and thank you for your review. We are naturally delighted you are enjoying your time at MetaCompliance and sincerely hope you continue to find this to be a supportive and creative working environment. Please use our Suggestion Box to make us aware of the issues you are currently having. This is entirely anonymous and could improve working life for you and your colleagues. We want to hear constructive feedback so that we can make this an even better working environment.

"Growth SAAS company"

I have been working at MetaCompliance

Pros

- The product is enterprise ready and attracting some of the largest brands in the world. - The environment is extremely fair, hard work is rewarded and there is clear scope for progression. - HR and professional, courteous and efficient. - Ideas are welcomed and you are given scope to influence your own role. - The company have a clear direction which is communicated regularly through quarterly and monthly updates.... - There is a real environment of collaboration, peers and management only want to help and assist. - The work life balance is great. - There is a significant investment in internal technology and coaching. -Senior management are approachable, transparent and fair.

Cons

As a growth company there will be an element of growing pains, however as a mature adult I have zero complaints.

Advice to Management

The current strategy is working and the investment in staff is clearly paying off.

MetaCompliance2018-09-04

"Derry company going places"

I have been working at MetaCompliance full-time

Pros

I am joining my other colleagues to relate the positive things about working at Meta. Its a great place to get real experience, particularly if its your first job. The company has an active policy of recruiting outside of the IT industry and training people up. Not everybody makes the grade. I like the fact that they are ballsy enough not to let standards fall. People are promoted from within. I came in with no IT... experience and have exceed my wildest expectations in terms of growth and take home pay. This is not a UK or American blow in. This is a Derry based company that is in it for the long term. Its a family run business which means the top guys are committed. Being a small town there are other people in the org that are related. I have not seen any kind of nepotism. Although I hear sour grapes from people who have not fitted in or who have a inflated view of their own importance. Its the same in every company. I believe the management have improved benefits significantly compared to the other places I have worked before.

Cons

Lots of millennials! There's noo satisfying these lads. Some think that because they live in the Republic the company should set up a seperate health care program for them! Sexism: HR sides with the female staff and turns the air conditioning off cause they are too cold! Even though its roasting. There was not enough pizza at the One Direction event.

Advice to Management

Expand the use of coaching into every department.

MetaCompliance2018-09-02

September 3, 2018HR and Contracts

Hello and thank you for your review. It is clear you have made a success of the opportunities afforded to you at MetaCompliance and feel passionate about the company. We love the passion and no doubt that is part of what has carried you so far but please, try to keep positive about colleagues who may not be of the same frame of mind as yourself just yet. Leave it to us to take the negative feedback on board as well as the positive and keep enjoying your work here and your personal growth and development! We promise to have more pizza ordered for the next all staff event and your comment on coaching throughout the company is also duly noted and has in fact already started. Thanks once more for your support in highlighting your positive experience working here.

"Great local company, excellent career opportunities!"

I worked at MetaCompliance full-time

Pros

An energetic and dynamic Derry based company, with a seriously impressive global customer base within the Cyber Security industry. The business has some of the finest talent in the industry across all departments, and offers real career opportunities in a fast-paced and exciting environment.

Cons

The business is going through a growth phase, and this requires a strong work ethic and the ability, at times, to work outside of your comfort zone. However, if you thrive in this environment and love a challenge, this is the employer of choice for you!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! The future is bright!

MetaCompliance2018-08-29

August 31, 2018HR and Contracts

Thank you for your review. We do appreciate your feedback. Our growth is accomplished by staff pulling with us in the 'fast-paced and exciting environment' you speak of. We look forward to continuing this success in the future as we recruit additional staff to meet the increasing demand for our software solutions. This continued growth brings personal and professional development opportunities for staff who understand the opportunity and see the progression path available to them. With your positive attitude, you will no doubt be among them.

Found 38 reviews