Metabolic Research Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.2
John Soileau

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "ONly FNP at 3 cities' locations of Metabolic but also did United"

Former Employee - FNP in Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - FNP in Savannah, GA

I worked at Metabolic Research Center (More than 5 years)

Pros

and mostly urgent care. I had a personal LLC and worked everywhere to sharpen all skills and be able to be highly versatile

Cons

traveling to 3 states in one wek got a little old but loved my job

Advice to Management

perfect relationship with boss and ALL staff

Jan 25, 2016 – COO Midwest

Thank you for your review and your participation in supporting our clients and helping to grow our business! We appreciate you!

2. "Terrible place to work , it's all a big scam to buy ridiculously priced vitamins."

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Boise, ID

I worked at Metabolic Research Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None , well I have to write 30 words here but I have nothing good to say. You will be asked to work way more than you are scheduled and you will be weighed and measured every month or every week if management thinks your too fat. I'm talking ridiculous expectations.

Cons

High sales pressure , can't offer clients real life advise and must stick to THIER ridiculous eating plan of about 900 calories. Anyone with a real medical background knows that's not healthy. You have to bug you clients every time they are in to buy more and more pills! They are taking 30 plus a day ! Spending hundreds of dollars. Your trained to make up false info in the lobby so prospective clients can over hear fake results. Your also trained to make them cry and "break them down" for THIER own good. Coming from a real background in weight loss and nutrition this place is a joke. If you go in as a client expect to spend thousands.
    Also THIER isn't really any commission, I sold the most at my location and only made an extra $100 bucks a check and if your not a size 0 they will fat shame you as an emloyee.

Advice to Management

There isn't any advice these money grubbers would listen too. Run don't walk away from this place.

"Theres better things out there"

Former Employee - Weight Loss Specialist in Salem, OR
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Specialist in Salem, OR

I worked at Metabolic Research Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to feel like you're helping people
    Gain marketable skills that'll help you get a real job

Cons

Too sales orientated. I understand that a business should be profitable but when all of the complaints from clients can be boiled down too "The program is too expensive" and "the weight loss specialists are too pushy with sales" then those are the issues management should address instead of giving us last minute sales and specials to help move expired products out of the door.

Advice to Management

A less obnoxious care call system would help increase active count. Get rid of artificial sweeteners.

"Manager"

Former Employee - Center Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Center Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Metabolic Research Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Diet works if you stay on it.. Loved my supervisor, she was willing to try new things to grow the business.

Cons

Totally consumed with making money!! The people that started it rides to be big Christians, they are the furthering from being a Christian that I've ever seen! All they care about is MONEY! They try to run the supervisors lives. What a joke of a company! They bring you in fir meetings then accuse people of doing things they didn't do!! I saw it first hand! A blessing when I quit! The supervisor I had seas great, I felt sorry for her with the abide she took from years from John and Nina!!!

Advice to Management

Get rid of the fake people that own the company and several they own some centers!!

"Fabulous Local Manager, horrible Company"

Former Employee - Weight Loss Coach in Daytona Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Coach in Daytona Beach, FL

I worked at Metabolic Research Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Weight Loss Works. They weigh you in and expect you to maintain you BMI. Great Manager

Cons

Hard to get clients. Numerous calling and try to get in old clients. Very expensive.

Advice to Management

your losing people based on the values of your company

"Beware !!!!!"

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant Sale Consultant Center Manager! in Volusia, FL

Pros

Fabulous program,great success for clients!

Cons

Disrespectful upper management who dont give a damn about their employees! Bring in the money they want more,bring in the clients they want more,managers make a base salary and never get a yearly reveiw,never get a raise and never get any positive feedback! I know managers who are still getting the same base salary who have been with the company for 10 years! So sad so sad! I would never recommend this company not even to my worst enemy! I worked for a supervisor who took pleasure in ridicule and constant negative behavior towards her employees,and played favorites month in and month out!

Advice to Management

You can give all the advice you want for change,no one will listen!

"A shady corporate nightmare"

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Lafayette, IN
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Lafayette, IN

I worked at Metabolic Research Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The ladies who worked with me were lovely. Some of the clients became my friends.

Cons

1.. The pay was awful, and although I was classified as "full-time," they often cut my hours down to ~28 per week.

2. No health insurance. No retirement/401k. Basically, no benefits at all.

3. Their corporate blinders had a negative impact on the clients. For example, if a client had a menu or food question, we were not allowed to contact the dietitian - first, we had to ask our manager, and our managers had to ask their manager, who had to ask their supervisor. What a waste! What's the point of having a staff dietitian if contact with this person is forbidden?

4. MRC also gave me trouble when future employees attempted to verify that I worked at the center. I was told by the background check company that "after several attempts to contact the entity, we have been unable to verify your employment." After calling the center myself, I was informed that they simply "forgot" to process the background check company's request.

Advice to Management

Get off your high horse. You're money hungry and disconnected from those who are doing your dirty work. You're disorganized, spiteful, and manipulative.

Jan 25, 2016 – COO Midwest

Employees working 30 Hours or more per week are classified as full-time and are eligible for PTO, paid holidays and medical insurance. A "chain of communication" is necessary to ensure our staff... More

"No manager and no stability"

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Waco, TX
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Waco, TX

I worked at Metabolic Research Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Metabolic research provides great knowledge about the body and the use of food to seek weight loss results. Lots of relationships are also built with clients there.

Cons

Store level management does not contribute to the integrity of the mission statement of the company. Upper management does not inforce store level management or hold them accountable for quality and integrity of running a business.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach and don't expect others to work if you aren't willing to work yourself.

"weight loss specialist"

Current Employee - Consultant in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Consultant in Portland, OR

I have been working at Metabolic Research Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They provide great training and education

Cons

unorganized, inconsistent, low-pay, bad management, long hours

Feb 24, 2016 – COO

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback based on your experience. We are always open to ideas and suggestions as to how we can better support each team member. Our company... More

"Nutrition Specialist"

Former Employee - Nutrition Specialist in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Nutrition Specialist in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Metabolic Research Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company provided quarterly training.

Cons

Underpaid, overworked, under appreciated, no eligibility for raises. Was not compensated for contributing to the new launch of the national menu. COO of the PNW uses NLP brainwashing techniques to gain higher sales. She made over 400k annually while her top consultants/managers made less than 40k/year. Clients are forced to ingest supplements that are potentially harmful to their health just to meet sales quotas. No 401k, no benefits. Must weigh in monthly to fit body standard. Over all, disgusting environment perpetuating negative body image and unrealistic expectations.

Advice to Management

Learn from thriving companies on the ethical treatment of employees. Let go of forced sales approaches and hire professional health coaches. Change the quality of products to a healthier standard. Maybe then, client retention wouldn't be an issue.

Jan 25, 2016 – COO Midwest

Communication training is a common education process for employee's that work in the service and sales industry. We have been in business for nearly 30 years. Our long-standing track record of... More