Metabolic Research Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
John Soileau

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Deeply satisfying job helping people get healthy (in 9 reviews)

• I have worked across the board from weight loss specialist, manager, admin, it, executive assistant exc (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No benefits; long hours; weekend work (in 6 reviews)

• Low pay, high pressure, and no community feel (in 5 reviews)

1. "Not just a Job..Loving what you do"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Metabolic Research Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Loving what you do, being able to use problem solving skills, owning your own success, weekly training and education, management is open to out of the box ideas and creativity, using motivating techniques and celebrations of success daily; flexible scheduling, benefits, Holiday and PTO days

Cons

No 401K or financial options available

Feb 13, 2018 – Supervisor

Thank you for your review and thank you for using your talents and skills to help our clients be successful. Owning your success is key to loving your job.

2. "Manager"

I worked at Metabolic Research Center full-time

Pros

Nothing. This place is a joke of a job.

Cons

Promise of a management position, great pay, etc. After 2 months, I was demoted to bring in someone "peppier". Not only that, the area manager decided to write about how I "didn't consult a customer correctly" and the customer saw it and called me out. I was humiliated. My pay was so low, I was evicted from my apartment. Don't buy into this load of crap. The place is run by a bunch of immature idiots that don't know anything about actually running a business.

Advice to Management

Look out for your employees and set the jealously and drama aside.

Apr 30, 2018 – Supervisor

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are always open to constructive feedback so that we can improve our employee and client's experience. We may not always get it right but we appreciate you... More

3. "Too bad"

Former Employee - Manager in Volusia, FL
    Former Employee - Manager in Volusia, FL

I worked at Metabolic Research Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great weight loss program overall. Easy to sell if they would advertise. we get blamed for low traffic.

Cons

Abusive managment, ridiculous expectations, no advertising

Advice to Management

National ad campaign, and GET CUSTOMERS in the door. We will do the rest. Don't expect us to do your job.

4. "center manager"

Current Employee - Center Manager
    Current Employee - Center Manager

I have been working at Metabolic Research Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

wonderful company very self fulfilling

Cons

salary is a lot of hours

Apr 10, 2018 – Supervisor

Thank you for 5 years of dedication to MRC. Sometimes the long are are a challenge, however the satisfaction and fulfillment in helping our clients achieve their goals is the reward.

5. "Center Manager"

Current Employee - Center Manager in Brunswick, GA
    Current Employee - Center Manager in Brunswick, GA

I have been working at Metabolic Research Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The feelings you get when you have changed someone's life and have helped to make them healthier.

Cons

It is a business so the admin side of work!

Advice to Management

More Training

Feb 9, 2018 – Director Digital Strategy

Yes, we agree, the feeling you get when you help change someone's life is irreplaceable! Thank you for your review.

6. "Great Opportunities"

Former Employee - Manager in Vancouver Junction, WA
    Former Employee - Manager in Vancouver Junction, WA

I worked at Metabolic Research Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was able to grow into a management position just 6 months after starting as a Weight Loss Specialist. I loved being able to work with people and help them reach their goal weight, but also working for a company that supports personal and professional growth.

Cons

Worked a lot of hours, but I know that what I put in - paid off.

Advice to Management

Always have open communication by setting clear expectations and follow through. Train, train, train as that is what allowed me to grow and develop into my new role. Had to leave as my husband was transferred, open more locations so I can back to work.

Feb 13, 2018 – Supervisor

Thank you for sharing your experience. Yes, personal and professional growth and development is a huge part of Metabolic and we are glad you enjoyed it. Hopefully you will be able to come back to... More

7. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Manager in Boise, ID

I have been working at Metabolic Research Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working for MRC because it is the only place you can go home at the end of the day where you know you have made a difference in someones life. It is also very positive and fun place to work. We are always working on bettering ourselves so we can grow individually and so that we can help our clients. I fell in love with this company 2 years ago and I cant see myself anywhere else!

Cons

We are the only center in Idaho but that is changing soon!

Feb 9, 2018 – Director Digital Strategy

We are so pleased to hear that after 2 years you still go home knowing you made a difference! It is such a pleasure to know that as be help to improve the lives of our clients we are bettering our... More

8. "Love MRC"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

I have been working at Metabolic Research Center full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked for MRC for almost 8 years. I have worked across the board from weight loss specialist, manager, admin, it, executive assistant exc. I have loved every minute of it! The clients, my coworkers, and my superiors.

Cons

It is difficult dealing with co workers who do not like coming to work.

Feb 13, 2018 – Supervisor

Congratulations on 8 years of dedication! Hearing that you love every minute of it is thrilling. We understand the challenge of working with others, please communicate your concern with your... More

9. "Supervisor"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Metabolic Research Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for Metabolic for 27 years. I love the people that I work beside. I love being a part of something larger that makes a difference in peoples lives. Every day is different. I get to interact with a variety of people. I'm learning all the time. I am allowed to grow and show my potential. I couldn't imagine doing anything else. I love Metabolic. Metabolic is Family.

Cons

I work many hours-it worth what I put in.

Advice to Management

Set clear goals and standards for your team. Be honest to yourself and your team. Address things immediately with your employees. Treat people with respect and compassion. Give positive feedback, make sure it is sincere. Love what you do.

Feb 13, 2018 – Supervisor

WOW!! Congratulations on 27 years . Metabolic truly is family. Thank you for your advice, we are always open to ideas and suggestions as to how we can better support our team members.

10. "Changing Lives Every Day"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Metabolic Research Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Every day I get to be a part of helping people get healthy. This job is so rewarding and empowering. Fun environment that supports wellness and clients get results, quickly

Cons

Sometimes it is hard when you want the client to succeed more than they do, we have to be motivators all day and even though that can be tiring, it is still rewarding.

Feb 13, 2018 – Supervisor

Thank you for your review and feedback! Helping our clients get healthy is rewarding and yes, we can want it for them more than they sometimes want it. Keep motivating and inspiring each client to... More