Metagenics Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Brent Eck

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The company headquarters is located in Aliso Viejo, Ca (in 3 reviews)

• Good benefits fair salaries and an overall good place to work (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Need to work on creating a work life balance for employees (in 4 reviews)

• But I can honestly say that Meta strives to create a fun, nurturing work environment for those who wish to partake (in 3 reviews)

1. "Motivating Workplace Cluture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Metagenics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with Metagenics for a number of years and had the chance to experience new leadership teams, programs, strategies, and initiatives. It feels like we are in our moment and have hit the sweet spot on employee engagement, sientific innovation, creating a culture of belonging and a culture and caring for one another. We are all passionate about Metagenics’ purpose, to help people live happier healthier lives, and our executive leaders and their teams instill this same purpose in how they support the company and all of us Metagenics employees. The company provides amazing wellness programs, from basic education to product allowances, all the way to comprehensive nutritional physicals and nutritional programs. We have excellent benefits and our compensation is fair and competitive. Every employee is given an opportunity to shine and as a result we have developed some great operating procedures, team environments, and amazing science is taking place everyday. We have the most awesome culture around!

Cons

Everyone’s voice is heard at Metagenics and we are all busy working on a number of new and existing projects. As a result of considering so many new ideas, sometimes our aspirations seem to be greater than the amount of resources we have available to dedicate to new ideas and projects. The vibe is amazing but we may need to slow down just to take a breather every now and then. Work is rewarding but it can be exhausting. If we slow down and have more time to tell our stories, share what we are working on, share our stories, then we would all have a better understanding of what our colleagues are doing and know how we can help contribute in the most effective way.

2. "Incredible products sad story about the buyout."

Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Metagenics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay, great people & incredible science, unparalleled

Cons

big business now, but used to be small company with creative momentum! all heart!

Advice to Management

hire kind hearted people who are also good at their jobs!

3. "A disapointing experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

I worked at Metagenics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free shakes in the kitchen. A nice group of people to work with. Good discounts on products. Casual dress code.

Cons

Lack of experienced management. The people being promoted lack the basic understanding and experience of the job requirements.

Advice to Management

None as management only listens to people looking for personal advancement not for what is best for the company and what would help everyone. Very sad situation. Metagenics could be a great company with the right people in management positions.

4. "Great products. No employee development"

I worked at Metagenics full-time

Pros

Well researched and designed products. Best quality and research in the industry.

Cons

Complete lack of employee development. Intolerance to working from home.

5. "poor leadership"

I worked at Metagenics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

nice office, fruit delivered for employees, onsite gym

Cons

work-life balance is horrible, poor leadership- do not invest in people development and put people in managerial/director positions on a leap of faith and no offer to develop them professionally. The CEO is new to the business and lacks core understanding for effective realistic customer focused strategy that will drive growth for customers and the company. Products are more expensive than competition and spend money in areas that aren't important to majority of their customers. Need better product pipeline in growth areas and not stick to me-too products. Label and branding changes too frequent, confusing to customer and patient. Way too many priorities that change constantly/too frequently. Very political work environment.

Advice to Management

Invest in your managers as they lack leadership. Be less focused on the n umber of hours someone works but rather their productivity. Have more flexible work-home-life balance policies that are consistent across the organization, not just at the department level.

6. "Best company I've worked for (out of 5)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Metagenics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere and environment is best I've ever been in. Good perks, nice people and a company profile you can be proud of. From what I see, the work-life balance and professional opportunities are great. I couldn't be happier here.

Cons

There's some leniency towards underperformers.

Advice to Management

Increase IT staff, have more social events.

"Well-positioned company and good people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Metagenics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great products, and company has some cool perks like employee product allowance, early-close Fridays during the summer, and great coworkers. Company is large enough to have some good programs, but not so big you get lost in a huge corporation.

Cons

Some of the growth the company has experienced comes with a need to create more structure. This is both a good and a bad thing, as things will likely continue to change somewhat.

8. "Company needs to start listening"

I have been working at Metagenics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Finally giving proper tools to perform a job

Cons

No room for advancement.. If you don't kiss up to certain people you will not get promoted and they hire more people from the outside than the inside. Salary sucks.. make more money at McDonalds and have less responsibility

Advice to Management

Hear what the employees are saying.. don't just listen real hear them

9. "Big changes at Metagenics"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Metagenics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

On a mission to change healthcare. Great products. Decent benefits. Lot's of internal promotion when new roles become available

Cons

There were some rough years, but new CEO has the company back on track. Some overly negative employees still need to get on board.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work to make Metagenics great again.

"Not a healthy work environment"

Pros

Nice coworkers. Free coffee. Free breakfast protein shakes

Cons

Easy to get promoted without experience if Sr. Management likes you. Business strategy, planning or long term goals are non-existent. The company sells health and wellness product but the work environment is not healthy. Employees are overworked and unhappy. Management worries to much about what the competition is doing instead of focusing on pursuing a more current business model that will help the company grow.
    The mission, vision and values do not match their actions. People are fired for expressing their professional opinion or simply because their boss doesn't like them. Sr. manager prefers to listen to people that just talks a lot and pretend to know and understand the business. If you are the type of person that likes kissing up to the boss, this is the company for you.

Advice to Management

Unfortunately there is no point here as sr. management only listens to people that pretend to know what they are talking about instead of listening to the people that actually want to help the company prosper.