Metagenics Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Brent Eck

Pros
  • Very laid back, and the people are great to work with (in 4 reviews)

• The company headquarters is located in Aliso Viejo, Ca (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Need to work on creating a work life balance for employees (in 3 reviews)

• Some long time employees resist change and will probably not be with the company much longer (in 2 reviews)

1. "Web Trainer"

Former Employee - Web Trainer in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Former Employee - Web Trainer in Aliso Viejo, CA

I worked at Metagenics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free coffee and hot chocolate. Friendly employees. Free luncheons sometimes

Cons

Seems that management/corporate folks don't pay a lot of attention to the worker bees.

Advice to Management

Believe in your team and promote those who deserve it/are qualified.

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Ecommerce Coordinator in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Former Employee - Ecommerce Coordinator in Aliso Viejo, CA

I worked at Metagenics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

free supplements, shakes etc, very awesome work environment; i loved it

Cons

fast paced, computer screens all day so wear good glasses to protect eyes

Advice to Management

Did a great job training me

"A Happy, Healthy Work Environment with the Leader in Personalized Lifestyle Healthcare"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Metagenics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Metagenics works in the field of Dietary Supplements and Medical Foods. With a focus on quality, respect, and integrity, the company strives to achieve its operational and strategic goals within the confines of limited resources. While this is a common struggle for all companies, I feel that the leadership team at Metagenics has a finger on the pulse of the company and the industry, and that great things will be coming out soon. The HR department cares about the well being of the employees, with events designed to increase employee interaction, increase employee health and wellness, and increase the fun around the office. The headquarters is located in beautiful Aliso Viejo, CA, convenient to lots of shopping and restaurants. In addition, food trucks park out in front of the building once or twice a week, and there is a weekly car wash service available in the parking structure.

Cons

As the company begins to redefine and support its new strategic plan, there has been a lot of turnover at all levels in the company. This results in temporary confusion, and a lack of information to all. These issues are being actively analyzed and resolved, so it looks like this won't be a problem going forward. The leadership team is so inspiring, between the no-nonsense attitude of the Executive department, to the amazing science coming out of R&D, more greatness is just on the horizon for Metagenics. This would be a good time to get on board, contribute, and be recognized.

Advice to Management

Communication and story-telling to the employees, practitioners and customers is important. The newly launched employee product allowance (a free product allowance for all employees) is a great way to get all employees involved and knowledgeable about our product line. Continuation and support of programs like these will go a long way in retaining top talent and maintaining morale.

"Good company but be slightly cautious"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Metagenics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great location, treat employees pretty well, great discount on product and overall a culture and belief to have all people in the world live healthy lives. Senior management is pretty approachable and a strong culture to do the right thing.

Cons

New CEO. Lots of needed and overdue changes are taking shape. Some long time employees resist change and will probably not be with the company much longer. Company has had issues with making money at a local level but globally company does make money. Many systems are dated but work is being made to upgrade. Owned by Amway and currently Metagenics is left alone but with all the upcoming necessary changes one could view as short term career until we are put up for sale in 3 years (speculation only). Huge effort to cut costs and that has been effective but taking a toll on the employees. If aggressive, but needed, strategy continues could start to lose key employees. Will for sure to an exit if bonuses are not paid next year.

Advice to Management

Overall a good group of people. Culture has seen a fair share of terminations and employees are concerned "who's next?"

Oct 4, 2016 – Internal Communications

Thank you for your review of Metagenics! It’s always so great to receive feedback from our current employees. Here at Metagenics, we value what our employees have to say and make every effort to ... More

6. "Product with Integrity"

Current Employee - Staff Recruiter in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Recruiter in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Metagenics (Less than a year)

Pros

I am so impressed with Metagenics. Our product and mission has exceeded my expectations. Sustainability is important to me. I am proud that my company prints on post consumer waste and uses glass bottles when possible.

Our benefits are fantastic. We have vision, medical, dental, product discount, yoga, on site gym, and a product allowance!

Cons

I am able to address issues and concerns as they arise. Very happy.

Advice to Management

Continue to the focus on sustainability. We are doing great. Excited to see what is to come!

Metagenics Response

Oct 17, 2016 – Metagenics, Inc.

Thank you for your feedback! We always appreciate and find great value in hearing from our current employees. It is a part of our mission here at Metagenics to continue extending to our ... More

7. "Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Pros

An organizational commitment to quality products and a strong loyalty to their primary customer target, healthcare practitioners. Industry leader with over 30 years of heritage. New CEO has talent and leadership.

Cons

Weak leadership in most areas resulting in a distrustful culture and many missed opportunities. Lacking a company strategy and organizational alignment. Sales reps sell the same products with different recommendations and claims.

Advice to Management

Develop a company strategy and then have the sales organization follow with the same so that there is more consistency in the selling message. Bring more focus and consistency to sales direction to drive sales growth.

8. "young management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Metagenics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

they try hard. the products are good

Cons

the managers are very young and there are a ton of them

Advice to Management

take some magement classes

"Great Culture"

Former Employee - Inside Business Development Representative in Fullerton, CA
    Former Employee - Inside Business Development Representative in Fullerton, CA

I worked at Metagenics (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company culture and benefits.

Cons

Limited room for growth and development.

"Metagenics"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Trabuco Canyon, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Trabuco Canyon, CA

I have been working at Metagenics (More than 5 years)

Pros

Close to home good hours

Cons

Awful management. Working there is like a sweat shop. They monitor everything and are constantly complaining. Run.

Advice to Management

Know how valuable your employees are. Treat them with some respect.

Dec 4, 2017 – Community

Thank you for your comments. We value our employees, and we use Glassdoor reviews to note potential areas for improvement. Metagenics has a highly specialized customer base, and our goal is to ... More

11. "General Review"

Former Employee - Senior Territory Sales Manager in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Territory Sales Manager in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Metagenics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Manager and Team - everyone was always supportive. Excellent training and educational seminars.

Cons

Need to work on creating a work life balance for employees