Meteor Education Reviews
96% would recommend to a friend
(95 total reviews)
96% approve of CEO
Found 95 of over 98 reviews
Updated Nov 9, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great company and people that truly care about their employees and their clients!" (in 12 reviews)
- "Meteor has a great culture." (in 10 reviews)
- "Leadership is consistently taking a pulse, encouraging employees to use their PTO to recharge and offering opportunities to use their voice." (in 6 reviews)
- "Everyone has been incredibly friendly and helpful beginning with the interview process." (in 5 reviews)
- "This organization actually cares about its employees." (in 5 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Meteor Education and is not affected by filters.
- 4.0Nov 9, 2023Inside Sales RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsGainesville, FL
Innovative, Fast Pace, Collaborative, Inspiring
A downside is the fast pace and innovations these result in processes not updating as fast.
- 5.0Oct 30, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
I pursued a position w/Meteor based on personal and Glassdoor recommendations. I'm so glad I did! The culture really IS that amazing. Leadership is supportive, open, and transparent. There are opportunities to grow, learn, and advance. There's a big focus on benefits and maintaining a positive work/life balance.
There could be some improvement in connecting goals and creating more transparency across functions - seeing how it all ties to overall organizational goals.
- 5.0Sep 9, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsTexas City, TX
Very caring people and you get to make a big difference in the education industry.
Long hours but it’s worth it.
- 1.0Sep 8, 2023Sales Operations AnalystFormer Employee, less than 1 year
There are no pros to speak of
Extremely low pay, about half of industry/market average. Deceptive hiring practices. Mandatory drug testing required, regardless of state, local laws, or job type.Meteor Education Response3mo
It is true that the reviewer accepted a role contingent on taking a pre-employment drug screening and then refused the test. Was released after their first day on the job. Interesting that one would accept a job at “half the normal industry rate”. It would always be recommended to read the employment offer and perhaps not to accept a position if you do not intend to abide by the terms offered.
- 5.0Aug 18, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
For the first time in my life, I can say I love what I do for work. It's pretty cool to be able to work for a company that makes a difference in children's and educators' lives. The connection, friendships, learning that I have had over the years are incredible. The CEO truly cares about Meteor Education and it trickles down through leadership. Pretty great to be able to work remote too!
Not much! More appreciation is always appreciated however, especially during these difficult economic times.
- 5.0Jun 15, 2023Project CoordinatorCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearGainesville, FL
The onboarding and HR team are fantastic and have made me feel like part of the Meteor family!
I don't have anything to complain about1
- 4.0Jun 9, 2023Transactional Business CoordinatorCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsFresno, CA
Meteor stresses the importance of using your voice and speaking up; they want you to be successful and happy in your job. Work/life balance. Working remotely. Culture - Meteor has a fun, vibrant culture.
The company can improve on career advancement opportunities/pathways.1
- 5.0Jun 5, 2023Managing DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsGainesville, FL
Company that sincerely cares for its employees. One Boat Culture means we all pull together. Autonomy to develop and implement new processes. What we do here can actually help the world be a better place.
If you are looking for a 9-5 job where you can lay low and go unnoticed, this is not the place for you.
- 5.0Jun 5, 2023Learning Environment SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsLubbock, TX
Meteor Education is, by far, the best employer that I have ever had the opportunity to work with - Simply the best..
None. I plan on staying as long as possible.1
Meteor Education Reviews FAQs
Meteor Education has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 98 reviews left anonymously by employees. 96% of employees would recommend working at Meteor Education to a friend and 96% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
96% of Meteor Education employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Meteor Education 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.8 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.