Methodist ElderCare Services Reviews

Updated Feb 22, 2018

4.0
Methodist ElderCare Services President/Chief Executive Officer Margaret Carmany (no image)
Margaret Carmany
1 Rating
  1. "Wonderful place to work"

Former Employee - Nurse in Reynoldsburg, OH

I worked at Methodist ElderCare Services part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My first job as an LPN. So many good experiences. I'd still work their if they needed a nurse practitioner.

Cons

At times understaffed but the organization was receptive to helping change that. That's all I really have to say. It's A great place to work.

2. "Good place"

I have been working at Methodist ElderCare Services full-time

Pros

Great friendly coworkers and residents

Cons

Not enough pay based off of what we do. A lot of places pay more which is why we have a turnover

3. "Assisted Living Life Enrichment Assistant"

5.0
    Current Employee - Assisted Living Life Enrichment Assistant in Reynoldsburg, OH

I have been working at Methodist ElderCare Services part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Love the residents and the company is dedicated to the care of their residents. The residents want for nothing in this beautiful high in hotel setting.

Cons

Residents die after you gain a close relationship with them. Also, the retirement home is only accessible to upper income elderly people. Which is too bad for middle and low income elderly people that would enjoy living there.

4. "Intern"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Methodist ElderCare Services for less than a year

Pros

The long term nursing and rehab center is fantastic. As a mostly private pay facility, the patients get the best care possible. Friendly and extremely helpful staff are easily accessible and the patients always go home happy upon discharge.

Cons

Sometimes there are too many disciplines involved on a case, but it is always taken care of properly.

5. "Lessons from a bowl of soul"

Current Employee - Server in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Methodist ElderCare Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

Its a very rewarding experience. Getting to socialize with all the residents, and honestly you get a bit of insight on life wisdom and their stories. I enjoy most of my coworkers and the starting pay is pretty decent too, good part time job for a highschooler trying to save up for college.

Cons

Management is a little irritating at times. They could be alot more flexible, and also management keeps making very unnecessary changes that even irritate the residents. Sometimes I feel like the dining services manager doesn't listen to the residents about the little things that are just as important as the big things.

Continue reading
  6. "Methodist ElderCare Services"

Current Freelancer - Freelance HVAC and Plumbing Contractor in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Methodist ElderCare Services for more than a year

Pros

The staff here is fantastic, seeing to an individual's needs. The rooms are nicely appointed. Recreational activities are available to those who choose to participate.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons.

"Nurse manager"

2.0
    Nurse Manager in Reynoldsburg, OH

I worked at Methodist ElderCare Services for more than a year

Pros

Beautiful building, good parking, great landscaping

Cons

Their way or nothing. Suggestions are futile.

Continue reading
  8. "Director of Resident Services"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reynoldsburg, OH

I have been working at Methodist ElderCare Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great Organization. Non-profit means focus on providing quality and improvements. Staff and residents considered family. Good benefits Opportunity to advance

Cons

LIke all places, hard to be competitive with other job sectors and keep care affordable.

"HONESTLY!! DONT BRING YOUR FAMILY IN AND THE FACILITY LOOKS NICE BUT ITS ALL ABOUT PROFIT AND PEOPLE ARE NEGLECTED"

1.0
    Current Employee - Nurse

Pros

Fair pay, flexible schedules, some staff that care, beautiful looking, clean facility. parking? Did I mention they usually pay you?..

Cons

Everything else. Terrible management, no work-life balance, unresponsive HR, poor staffing due to lack of support any real leaders. Clicks, favoritism, patient care declining due to good staff leaving and bad hiring decisions, one right after another.

Continue reading
  10. "A place for long term employment"

in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Methodist ElderCare Services

Pros

flexible schedules good managers friendly atmosphere residents in the commmunity really appreciate what you do for them

Cons

pay is average in the beginning family health insurance costs are high

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 10 reviews