Methodist Medical Group Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "great"

I worked at Methodist Medical Group full-time

Pros

money cars clothes work spelling all made it a great time to be alive...purple rain wasnt that bad

Cons

nothing here to report they were great and they still are great....would ya look at that! nothing bad really

2. "Ambulatory setting"

I worked at Methodist Medical Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Methodist is a great organization to work for with great benefits, people/associates and there is growth opportunities.

Cons

MMG does not have a long term vision or if it does then it is not clearly communicated to their associates. For instance, they buy practices that are far away and difficult to support, but because that clinic is friends with a top executive at the hospital then that is all the rationale needed to buy the practice. When associates ask why is clinic being on-boarded all management says is that it is part of strategic plan. What is the strategic plan? In the 6 years I worked there I never knew what was the goal/vision.

Culture is very much that of pointing the finger and everyone has a hidden agenda and will do whatever is necessary to get ahead. It never felt like associates were working together towards one goal but instead trying to cover themselves.

There is an antiquated HR policy when it comes to writing up individuals who constantly make mistakes, are not thorough and in the end are a liability. Management have to have proof or documentation before these individuals can be written up and what ends up happening often is that they get transferred. So instead of fixing the problem and making patients a top priority, they are placing a temporary band-aid on the issue.

There is an obvious disparity in pay between men and women. Using myself as an example, I found out that a male colleague of mine who was doing the same work I did with less years of experience and same education level was being paid a significant amount more than what I got paid.

There are individuals in top management who should have never been made management much less have people reporting to them. For instance, there are people who are not qualified at all to be a manager, director or VP, but it goes back to who they know. There are also some people in management who are just mean, do not give any direction, talk down to their associates, humiliates them in public and nothing gets done. They continue to manage, bring down morale and cause high turnover. People do not quit good jobs. People quit bad managers.

3. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Analyst in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Analyst in Jersey City, NJ

Pros

Self development, learning, movement across groups

Cons

salary, travel, opportunity to move

Advice to Management

mentoring, recognition of talents, salary