Metrics, Inc Reviews | Glassdoor

Metrics, Inc Reviews

Updated 2 May 2016

2.9
Metrics, Inc CEO William Phillip Hodges (no image)
William Phillip Hodges
  1. "Metrics,inc. A Great Place"

in Greenville, NC

I have been working at Metrics, Inc

Pros

Extremely professional yet personable at the same time. I have been employed by Metrics for the last 10+ years. of my 29 years in the pharmaceutical industry. Metrics is by far the best company I've worked for. Opportunity for advancement is here; upper management openly recognizes hard work and dedication. I have experienced upper managements concern for employees family life several times. They are completely... supportive of time needed for family. There is no better place to work.

Cons

I honestly don't know of any downside. We've had employees to leave, most due to going back for advanced degrees or thier spouses relocating. There have been some who have been lured to "Big Pharma" only to return to Metrics having learned that with most Big Pharma companies you are only an item to generate income, not a family member as you are here at Metrics.

Advice to Management

Continue your personable management and honest open door policies.

Metrics, Inc2010-08-11
  2. "Analytical Chemist"

Former Employee - Analytical Chemist in Greenville, NC

I worked at Metrics, Inc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

benefits (tickets to ECU games, holiday gatherings, employee appreciation, great work environment

Cons

The pay is lower than most competitors.

Metrics, Inc2016-05-02
  3. "Sr. Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

I worked at Metrics, Inc full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good local culture. Nice working environment

Cons

Pressure from the contract pharmaceutical industry

Metrics, Inc2015-10-26
  4. "Chemist I"

I have been working at Metrics, Inc for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people to work with Overall good benefits

Cons

Low Salaries Change in atmosphere since buyout Poor work/life balance

Advice to Management

Help your team leaders/group leaders become more business savvy

Metrics, Inc2015-07-07
  5. "The company has great potential but management lacks any desire to develop employees beyond simple automation."

Analytical Chemist in Greenville, NC

I worked at Metrics, Inc

Pros

Flexibility. Good insurance. Easy work that requires no real thinking.

Cons

No upward mobility. No challenge. Narrow minded inflexible thinking.

Advice to Management

Reward those with higher education and allow them to direct change. Get away from the "metrics way is the only way"

Metrics, Inc2015-04-19
  6. "Anonymous"

I worked at Metrics, Inc

Pros

Family like atmosphere. Focus was on clients and maximizing their experience.

Cons

Family like atmosphere...this be a pro and a con as I've indicated. The contract world had changed dramatically over the years, but it didn't seem to resonate in the way they operated.

Metrics, Inc2014-12-09
  7. "Not what it could be or what senior management probably even thinks it is....."

I have been working at Metrics, Inc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

i get paid to show up at work every day and sometimes I even get credit for the work I do and the ideas I have...

Cons

very little room for upward advancement senior management spends more time penny pinching the bottom line and not enough time or enough resources investing in talent.

Advice to Management

seek out the worker bees with the brain power behind the work and the reports submitted by mid level managers who want you to think they are the brains and the brawn and that if it wasn't for them, nothing would ever get done or fixed.

Metrics, Inc2014-10-17
  8. "Enjoyable for the people but not long term"

Current Employee - Analytical Chemist in Greenville, NC

I have been working at Metrics, Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture and people. Because it is a small company, you get to do many different analysis types and you get a good amount of experience overall in a chemistry lab. They offer good health insurance and benefits outside of salary.

Cons

Not ideal for the long term due to low pay and not much advancement opportunity. They treat everyone as replaceable and would rather get fresh grads that will accept low wages than keep on the good ones. The pay structure is greatly skewed. If you were around when Metrics first opened then you are golden. Anyone coming in now is viewed as replaceable.

Advice to Management

Start appreciating the talent of new employees instead of just promoting people once they get to some arbitrary time point.

Metrics, Inc2014-05-07

"Small town, simple minded people who lack sophistication and an understanding of diversity"

Former Employee - Analytical Chemist in Greenville, NC

I worked at Metrics, Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Family oriented environment where you work intimately with 12 or less people regularly. The benefits are decent. The hours can be flexible. You can use two hours of personal time occasionally. Personal time covers hair appointments, doctor's appointment, and other business related appointments. It is a great place to gain experience doing experiments, but you will not be paid well. Also, you will probably... not see the FDA application process. The most you will probably do is write analytical reports, witness notebooks, prepare folders for QA, and arrange client's testing.

Cons

The people are closed-minded and uncultured. People are intrusive, petty, and immature. They believe in blackballing people. Although everyone seems nice and genuine, each person is only concerned with their position and career. They are extraordinarily cliquish; they dislike people who behave differently. Many group leaders and supervisors are more concerned with you kissing their butt, than work being... completed. The science leaders are not the brightest bulb, but they do know the Metrics way. Metrics mainly recruits ECU and Greenville, NC chemists. They do not like hiring biology majors. They have a little bit of diversity in race/ethnicity, but they are lacking diversity in other ways. In general, the population is conservative, white, Christians, family-oriented folks. You may find several family members working at Metrics. Most people will not advance very far at Metrics. You have to be darling (favorite) to ascend rapidly. Most people do not receive overtime pay.

Metrics, Inc2013-10-17

"Good company for ECU graduates and relatives of current employee's"

Current Employee - Analytical Chemist in Greenville, NC

I have been working at Metrics, Inc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some good chemists....it is a job. Maybe a good place to begin if you are a new graduate, have no experience.

Cons

The only time I have experienced actual blatant sabotage from a coworker. VERY political, company was just sold after I left and so maybe politics are dieing down. VERY religious company that I felt uncomfortable working for. There are some good chemists but they are far and few between. Groups within the company don't operate as a team but rather individual kingdoms. Seriously the most important thing at this... company is being an ECU graduate and/or a relative of someone who works there. They do things the "Metrics way" because they have always done it that way....not necessarily the best way.

Advice to Management

Fire most middle management.

Metrics, Inc2013-07-24