Metro Bank (US) Teller II Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Metro Bank (US) President and CEO Gary Nalbandian
Gary Nalbandian
0 Rating
  1. "Great opportunity to advance"

Teller II in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at Metro Bank (US)

Pros

Metro is always looking to give people promotions and raises, they work with every employee to make sure you're going in the direction you want to go

Cons

Constantly changing the rules and policies, or bouncing back and forth between them

Metro Bank (US)2015-01-29
  2. "Teller II"

Former Employee - Teller II in Red Lion, PA

I worked at Metro Bank (US) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible hours, Friendly staff, promotes teamwork.

Cons

Upper management, lack of raises

Metro Bank (US)2017-12-19
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Meh."

Teller II

I have been working at Metro Bank (US)

Pros

The health insurance is really good and so is the paid time off. I get 4 weeks vacation after only working at Metro for 2 years. I love the people I work with and generally the managers and supervisors are good to work for. They are really flexible when working around a school schedule.

Cons

Upper management sucks. Corporate sucks. HR is for the company, not for the employees. You're expected to stand for your entire shift, even if you have health problems. Pay is horrible... no matter what position. Expectations are way too high, and I've seen many, many people in tears over the stress.

Advice to Management

Listen to the complaints from the employees and take it to heart. People constantly leave the company because the pay isn't worth the stress.

Metro Bank (US)2015-01-08
  5. "Strenuous and gossipy. Too much drama."

Current Employee - Teller II in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at Metro Bank (US) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some co-workers are okay to work with, and there are certain managers who are willing to help you succeed (with the little opportunity the company offers).

Cons

Upper management, advancement potential, raise potential, difficult customers, bad rates. Long hours and bad scheduling also contribute to a lack of free time, especially being open 7-days a week.

Advice to Management

Add more opportunity for advancement and show you care.

Metro Bank (US)2014-09-16

"Good Place to Start, but get out after that!"

Former Employee - Teller II in York, PA

I worked at Metro Bank (US) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Paid time off; medical benefits are good; good team atmosphere with coworkers; no sales referrals on teller side They encourage you to be friendly, chatty and un-machine-like when processing teller transactions Fraud training is superior compared to other banks

Cons

There is a disconnect between the platform and the teller side - neither communicates and platform gets upset when tellers send customer to them if they think the teller could have handled it. There is no incentive compensation for tellers Promotions are based solely on favoritism, so if you're not in a clique you can forget it Branch managers are rarely in the branch, so you only see the assistant manager. Some of them can be simply horrible and totally not understanding. For example, I had to call off of work one day because my infant daughter was seriously sick with a fever. I called off well in advance before my shift and spoke to the teller service manager (TSM). As a parent, she was understanding and said it was fine. The next day when I came back, the TSM pulled me aside and told me privately that the assistant manager told her to write me up for calling off. She said that she is not writing me up because she thinks the ASM is out of line but wanted to let me know to be mindful of this if I have to call off in the future. It was total BS. Teller uniforms are stifling and super hot during summer months (since the builings are 70% glass and it gets really hot in there) **New hires are paid much more than current employees. Pay scale is totally out of whack. I started as a new teller with no experience at 9.00/hr. 6 months later, new inexperienced tellers are hired at $9.50. A year later I was promoted to asst teller supervisor and offered $9.95. I knew a new part time teller was recently hired at that very same rate. I flat out told the upper management when they presented me with the offer and they laughed it off and said they can't do anything about the pay scale.

Advice to Management

You don't know what goes on in your branches. Do you want to know? Do you even care?

Metro Bank (US)2013-09-13
  7. "Many opportunities for growth, but computer system needs updating."

Teller II in Mechanicsburg, PA

I have been working at Metro Bank (US)

Pros

Management take time to develop employees. Tuition reimbursement for full time employees with at least a year of employment. Courses must be business or banking related. This bank is not as obsessed with pushing products on customers at most banks.

Cons

Pay is equal to the pay of experienced McDonalds employees. Pay could be much better. This bank employs sixteen year olds. I would not want my accounts handled by a teller that is not old enough to manage their own bank accounts.

Metro Bank (US)2012-04-18