MetroWest Medical Center Reviews in Natick, MA | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

"Old school management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

I have been working at MetroWest Medical Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Longevity of staff at all levels is impressive. All staff is dedicated and committed to advocate and provide safe, kind, compassionate care, following guidelines/protocols at all times.

Cons

Upper management changes frequently. Old behaviors remain, change is met with much resistance and overall mentality that the physician is King needs to be removed from the environment. Focus is on pleasing and retaining private physicians at all costs. Nursing staff can be run to the bare minimum which is unprofessional and poses unsafe patient care.

Advice to Management

Stop talking and make change. Stop placing the MD's first above all else. No matter what, hold them as accountable as other staff. Update respect, work environment, staffing ratios for all workers from the bottom up. Each person is equally important, it's not just about the degree. Hold

2. "Registered Nurse"

Former Employee - Staff RN in Natick, MA
    Former Employee - Staff RN in Natick, MA

I worked at MetroWest Medical Center part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- free employee parking
    - many older nurses have been on the floors for 20+ years

Cons

- quick turnover of new RNs, many older RNs set in their ways and unlikely to want to change or update their practice to the current standards
    - older hospital with older equipment

Advice to Management

- increase presence on the hospital floors

"Job is rewarding, management is non-existant"

Current Employee - Mental Health Counselor in Natick, MA

I have been working at MetroWest Medical Center part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy day hours 7-330
    Higher pay than most
    Flexible hours, able to pick up shifts
    Good cafeteria easy parking '

Cons

No supervision
    No management
    Chaotic at times, not really invested in those in direct care, quick turnover ...... Zzzzzzz zzz

Advice to Management

Get invested with your counsellors- they run the show.

"Worst job I've ever had because of senior leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Pros

Staff in my department are very talented and awesome to work with - and my salary was good for my degree. I liked HR, cafeteria staff, maintenance crew, and IT/phone gentlemen.

Cons

Senior leadership lack any insight in the way they speak negatively to staff. The health insurance is absolutely horrific and doesn't adhere to MA laws because it's written nationally by Tenet. Expect HUGE bills. Parking is a problem. Morale is nonexistent. There has been a mass exodus for many reasons. The values are not obvious - seems like volume, budget, and numbers are more important than patient care.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect. Do not ask staff to do things that make them uncomfortable or disregard rules.

6. "Good people to work with but the unorganized management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Pros

I really enjoyed working with my co-workers; didn't need benefits as I was covered by my husband's insurance.

Cons

Pay could be better for the location (outside of Boston); many of the other hospital around the area offer better pay and better working conditions (this is from others who held two more more jobs at different hospitals). During my years there, there was a turnover in management just about every year -- new people come in and don't know about the various jobs or policies.

Advice to Management

Have HR work closely with newly-hired management to ensure the employees already there don't suffer because the new supervisor/director/manager does not know what to do. Annual reviews should be done annually -- not two months later, especially after having to remind management several times that it has to be done. Also, there was a delay in getting my last paycheck, and a check for my unused vacation days because HR did not get the necessary paperwork from my supervisor that I had resigned.

7. "Hit or Miss"

Current Employee - Mental Health Counselor in Natick, MA

I have been working at MetroWest Medical Center part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible Scheduling. Challenging. Rewarding. Interacting with people from all walks of life has been great. I also have gotten valuable experience working with people who have a wide array of disorders.

Cons

Often tedious and repetitive. Some nurses seem entitled and/or oblivious to their personal biases. This often seems unethical and leads to uncomfortable situations.

Advice to Management

Offer more cultural competency. Offer benefits to all staff. Offer regular supervision for all employees.

8. "Terrific collegues, proud to work here"

Current Employee - Social Worker in Natick, MA
    Current Employee - Social Worker in Natick, MA

Pros

Caring staff, terrific collegues, supportive of a balance of personal and professional life, care about the people they serve and delivery good care.

Cons

Salary and advancement opportunities do not appear to be so terrific.

9. "good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Pros

fellow employees are hard working, good people for the most part, you have independence to do your work. management is good when it comes to working with your needs outside of work. good work life balance

Cons

lack of opportunity for career growth.
    sometimes you dont have enough help when things are really busy
    in the short term, hours can be really inflexible

Advice to Management

have more openness to employees ideas
    more acknowledgment for work that goes 'above and beyond'
    more engaging and therefore meaningful meetings