Metrolinx Business Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor

Metrolinx Business Analyst Reviews

Updated Sep 30, 2019

Metrolinx CEO Phil Verster (no image)
Phil Verster
  1. "Great pay"

Former Contractor - Business Analyst in North York, ON

I worked at Metrolinx for less than a year

Pros

Pay is reasonable and the environment is relaxed

Cons

Not much to do in terms of work

Metrolinx2019-09-14

"Poor."

Business Analyst in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Metrolinx for more than 3 years

Pros

The pay is good as are the benefits

Cons

This company is dysfunctional. It cares more about politics instead of policies. It is next to impossible to secure an internal interview unless you are friends with the hiring manager. Speaking of managers there are multiple layers of management. I’m not sure what managers actually do here. If I used my own manager as an example I would say not much. My manager does spend a ridiculous amount of time with his... headphones on as he is constantly watching YouTube videos. Unfortunately when I need help with escalations I frequently get a blank stare but no actual assistance. HR is a joke. I’ve met with HR several times but haven’t actually had any assistance in securing an interview for any position. They do give the illusion of help as they do meet with me but the session are typically useless. I have never once received the level of assistance that I need. My suggestion to anyone thinking of joining this organization is run

Metrolinx2019-09-30
  3. "Great"

Current Contractor - Business Analyst in North York, ON

I have been working at Metrolinx for less than a year

Pros

Pay is ok and work is not boring

Cons

Kinda slow some days

Metrolinx2019-08-10

"ExcellentCompany"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst

I have been working at Metrolinx full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

CEO - very driven and results oriented. Diversity of workforce Diversity of jobs and projects

Cons

Management continues to work in Silos

Advice to Management

Due to the work/projects being performed, managers continue to work in the traditional hierarchy system. This doesn’t promote cross functional teams. Succession planning doesn’t really exist below the Director level, training of managerial competencies in future leaders does not happen.

Metrolinx2019-07-25

"Do not work here if you want a future or are an industry expert"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Metrolinx full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The pay is good. If you are one of the super lazy come on over. There are entire teams that do little to nothing here. if you are a fan of showing up to work and watching the game on YouTube that you missed last night; you are welcomed. There is no fear of watching videos instead of working as our VP regularly laughs and makes light of people watching YouTube. “Everyone put your YouTube away the boss is here. Haha... no don’t worry keep watching I don’t mind”

Cons

If you are a hard worker with ideas for improvement look elsewhere for the sake of your own sanity. Independent thought is not encouraged. If you try to make changes and suggest improvements you will become the newest outcast. Yes men are the only ones that are desired as they agree with this boss regardless if the choice is right or wrong. If you are a yes man come to this company. It doesn’t matter that you are an... idiot. The bigger an idiot and you agree blindly you are more likely to be promoted as you fit right in here.

Advice to Management

Take your head out of your bum. It’s impossible for you to listen with your head so far up it.

Metrolinx2019-01-28
  6. "Great organization to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Metrolinx full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits, collaborative teams, and decent salary.

Cons

No bonuses, and performance rating is linked to limited budget for salary increases.

Metrolinx2018-03-16