72% would recommend to a friend
(243 total reviews)
79% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "No 401k match or bonus" (in 7 reviews)
- "Managers have too many meetings" (in 4 reviews)
- "There is no 401k match." (in 4 reviews)
- "Communication can be better, as with any company." (in 4 reviews)
- "Unfortunately they went through a huge layoff during the beginning of March and I was let go." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Metromile and is not affected by filters.
Found 243 of over 248 reviews
Updated Sep 30, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 4.0Jun 13, 2023Claims SpecialistFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsTempe, AZ
Metromile (prior to acquisition by Lemonade) was a hard-working, focused entity, and largely still is. Some great people were there, and the corporate culture, even post-layoffs due to the pandemic, was great.
Acquisition by Lemonade led to RIFs that are understandable (duplicate roles), but change is necessary for growth. Lost some truly good people in the process, many whom have, fortunately, landed on their feet elsewhere.
- 1.0Sep 30, 2023File OwnerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearTempe, AZ
Remote / work from home / when in office can have beer or wine in office on Fridays
Pay, expectations and inventory too high for even experienced rep
- 2.0Jun 9, 2023Claims AdjusterFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Reasonable flexibility. Normal claims role
Chronically understaffed. It’s a startup and has already been acquired by another startup.
- 5.0Jan 20, 2023Snr. ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
The technology adaptation The people management Work and life balance
Market insight from the leadership team
- 4.0Jan 15, 2023Claims RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Culture Growth Networking Company events Tech Savvy
Stressful High volume Working 40+ hrs No transparency from upper management Acquired by Lemonade
- 4.0Nov 28, 2022Licensed Insurance AgentFormer Employee, more than 1 yearTempe, AZ
Team members are highly collaborative and more than willing to share the wealth of knowledge. Good pay and benefits package
Became more stressful as company went public then went through merger process. Moved to 100% remote model, information overload in slack with constantly changing processes and systems. Some people really enjoy that though
Metromile Reviews FAQs
Metromile has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 248 reviews left anonymously by employees. 72% of employees would recommend working at Metromile to a friend and 56% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
72% of Metromile employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Metromile 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.