KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 196 of over 201 reviews

4.3
Metromile Chief Executive Officer Dan Preston
Dan Preston
Pros
  • "Great people, good work-life balance, decent leadership as far as I'm concerned(in 21 reviews)

• "Casual dress code and fun work environment(in 16 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Some growing pains as a start up(in 15 reviews)

• "No 401k match or tuition reimbursement(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Best Workplaces in the US! Pay great and incredible benefits

May 14, 2021 - Director of Enterprise Sales in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership is committed to a positive and diverse workplace. A safe place to work. The company has been a great place to work. They believe in work/ life balance. Great perks and benefits ( flexible time off-unlimited vacation) Health Insurance- HMO, 2 PPO, and High Deductible Plan 401K - company match in stock that just went public Stock ownership plan Health and wellness perks $50 a month reimbursement or wifi for remote workers Great communication weekly from ALL Hands leadership Always innovating with new products and services for consumers WIN awards for best place to work No meeting Fridays allowed. Help with mental health . Generally the best place to work

Cons

Really not too much to complain about . I have been working for 20 years and this is the best place I've worked at.

Metromile Response

Thank you for your kind, thoughtful review. We are proud of the culture we've created and love hearing that you feel the same. We appreciate you highlighting our amazing leaders, teams, and the suite of benefits we offer our employees. Thanks again and cheers to growing your career with us :)

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Easy process, great candidate experience!

Jul 19, 2021 - Director of Recruiting
      Business Outlook

Pros

The interview process was detailed, easy and not long. unlike some other companies, Metromile said they were going to fast track my interview once they found out I had other offers coming. They did so very quickly the process was seamless. Brigitte who was my recruiter did a fantastic job!

Cons

None that I can think of

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing place with high potential

May 14, 2021 - Director in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I work for the Enterprise Business Services division of Metromile . Metromile is split into two business units the core insurance business and the SaaS software business. I cannot speak much about the B2C insurance business but the B2B software business is an incredible growth opportunity. We are tackling the big problems that insurance companies face and delivering software to help them automate and digitize all their touch points with customers. This group is a startup within the larger Metromile firm and gives those working here an enormous amount of autonomy and ability to make an impact on the bottom line and direction of the business. If you have a good idea you are likely to be told to run with it and see what you can do. Lots of pivots and change but an awesome place to be if you like that high paced, high impact kind of work.

Cons

Growth is tough and keeping our super flat management structure and ensuring everyone has the same ability to be heard and steer the ship as we grow will be hard. Also related to pros this is a place that is hard charging to deliver solutions with a small and nimble team so when working here you have to be up for a little craziness and the occasional long work day (there is a lot of respect for work life balance though still!). We have some growing pains for sure as a group but I like being part of the team that is building the foundation for something big.

Metromile Response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! It's so great to hear that you believe Metromile has a great work environment and opportunity for growth. We are so proud to work with such a hard-working, talented group like ours. We appreciate your feedback and thanks for all you do!

4. 1.0

You Will Have No Life

Jun 15, 2021 - Adjuster File Owner in Tempe, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is great and so are the people that work here (with the exception of senior leadership). The benefits are great with the exception of not offering competitive 401k match or annual bonuses like big carriers usually do.

Cons

Ive been in the claims industry for 7+ years and can truly say this is the work carrier so far in terms of no work life balance. This is a salaried position and you are expected to work more than 8 hours a day (I would work sometimes up to 11-12 hours daily just to stay caught up) so pretty much work overtime and not get paid for it. The workload is very heavy so expect to be under constant pressure. Senior management comes from Progressive & State Farm so don’t expect the “start up” vibes from them. They are very corporate and care more about the numbers vs people. As a full time student it was nearly impossible to be successful both here and school. Don’t recommend if you have anything outside of work going on. They do not offer a 401k match.

2 people found this review helpful

Metromile Response

Thanks a lot for your review. We're always striving to ensure every Metromiler can do their best work here while providing a standout experience for our customers. We take your feedback to heart. On a positive note, hopefully you've heard that we are rolling out a 401k match. Many employees expressed interest in a match, and once we went public on Nasdaq in early 2021 we prioritized making it happen.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Ideal place for engineers looking for growth

May 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

As an engineer you do not get many opportunities to work on raw engineering problems very frequently anymore. Work at most companies usually involves writing APIs that would just read data from a store and send it to the client. This is where metromile differs. It is trying to solve some really hard problems - which will keep any curious engineer deeply invested in the work. Some of the solutions are at par with the best in the industry There is a lot of room to grow and get as much responsibility as you desire and leading the way for how this company will scale for years to come. Some of the people I got to work with were really extraordinarily smart A lot of exposure as well, as you build the platform from scratch and help build applications that scale

Cons

As a business I felt that metromile did not move fast enough. There are a lot of initiatives that are started that look extremely promising but they get shelved after a few months as the company shifts focus. This happened way too frequently for my comfort

Metromile Response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We love that you feel that there were opportunities to grow, get involved, and work with such a talented group of people. As a company, we aim to balance moving quickly and staying nimble while focusing on our OKRs and long-term goals. We recognize there is always room for improvement. Wishing you the best in your future endeavors.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

A one-of-a-kind work environment conducive to personal and professional growth

May 20, 2021 - Principal Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

* The possibility of revolutionizing an age-old industry is still thrilling as ever. * Opportunities abound to take initiative, earn more responsibility, make an impact * Leadership that listens to employee feedback (we asked for 401k matching, and lo and behold, we have 401k matching now!) * There is alignment across departments now more than ever. * No politicking. Genuinely nice people who care about their work. It's nice that we can disagree over work matters instead of clashing over personalities. * Good work-life balance and flexibility

Cons

* As is the case for any company that is trying to scale rapidly after a cash infusion, there is more work than there are people to do it (until we can hit hiring goals). We could do a better job of saying no / not yet to certain goals and initiatives that we just aren't staffed for yet.

Metromile Response

Thanks for writing your review! We are happy to hear that you’re having a great experience and appreciate you highlighting our 401k matching plan. Thanks again for sharing and for your hard work on our team.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great culture

Jun 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started being 100% remote and was afraid I would never feel comfortable. Everyone here is amazing. Genuine people to the core. I couldn't say better things about MM.

Cons

It can get a bit crazy at times but that's WFH life.

Metromile Response

So great to hear that you're enjoying being full-time remote and love your experience overall. Thank you for your post! With more than 300 Metromilers in 25+ states, we're working hard to ensure each and every person has just as great of an experience -- whether full time remote, full time office, or a mix of both. Onward!

8. 5.0

Would Join Again

May 19, 2021 - Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of new products are being built, and energy is super exciting right now. Working with smart and kind people. Very open communication from all voices. Working with lots of cool and contemporary tools. Constant improvements to the product, the diverse culture, and benefits. Have seen a lot of internal job mobility of team members. Comp package is competitive.

Cons

There are growing pains for all teams, which is an exciting and appropriate problem to have for a growing company. A lot of tech debt to overcome. Lots of pivoting (can be pro too)

Metromile Response

Thanks for your feedback! We appreciate the kind mentions, specifically about our talented group of Metromilers, our commitment to open communication, and our suite of benefits. Appreciate your feedback and all that you do!

9. 5.0

Fantastic and Rapidly Growing InsurTech Startup

May 19, 2021 - Customer Experience Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company has been an absolute pleasure to work for. There is nearly limitless potential for career growth if you're willing to put in the time and effort. The culture here is amazing and inclusive, the pay is above average for the industry, and the company is growing each quarter which opens more doors for current and incoming employees.

Cons

Currently none to speak of

Metromile Response

Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience with us. We're thrilled to hear all of the positives you mentioned, particularly your call-out on our inclusive culture and push for fair compensation. Cheers to growing your career with us!

10. 5.0

great company

May 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great positive culture, leadership that values open communication and transparency, collaborative colleagues who are committed to moving the company's business goals forward. Genuinely nice, fun people to work with. Fast paced.

Cons

Growing fast and there is a steady flow of new employees, so at any given time, there are people who are ramping up.

Metromile Response

Thank you for your feedback! We're so happy to hear that you enjoy working with your fellow Metromilers and the positive work environment. We appreciate your comments. Thanks for your hard work!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 196 Reviews