Metron Scientific Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Metron Scientific Solutions Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2019

Found 27 reviews

3.4
Metron Scientific Solutions CEO Thomas L. Corwin (no image)
Thomas L. Corwin
  1. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Analyst in Arlington, VA

I worked at Metron Scientific Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good management team and benefits

Cons

No cons at this time

Metron Scientific Solutions2019-07-26
  2. "Great Experience"

Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Metron Scientific Solutions full-time

Pros

I have been with Metron for a few years and I've had a great experience to date. The company is good and the people are talented.

Cons

I don't have any complaints so far.

Metron Scientific Solutions2019-06-28
  3. "A group of smart and talented professionals"

Former Employee - Analyst in San Diego, CA

I worked at Metron Scientific Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Smart and talented professionals working on government programs

Cons

Government programs can sometimes be challenging

Advice to Management

None

Metron Scientific Solutions2019-05-14

"ORCA division--Toxic managers creates a toxic working environment"

Current Employee - Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Metron Scientific Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free lunch almost every two weeks. Free drinks and snacks.

Cons

Management focuses on negatives, often put you down, very intimidated due to their own incompetence. High turnover rate, like to hire new grads (their first job) so they can be manipulated since they don’t know better what a good working environment is like. Do not value talents and diverse ways of problem solving. No training, no respect. Analysts never use any Math or Stat for their work. There is no explanation... when questions are asked.

Advice to Management

Advice to corporate: fire current management team and hire a new one. This is unethical to treat your employees this way.

Metron Scientific Solutions2019-05-25

"Review of ORCA (San Diego) Branch"

Former Employee - Analyst in San Diego, CA

I worked at Metron Scientific Solutions full-time

Pros

* Small team structure gives opportunities to perform different roles in different projects * One of the few DoD contractors nowadays that will hire someone not already carrying a clearance * Opportunities to interface and network with various members of the DoD community (good for future job opportunities) * Exposure to different subjects makes time spent with the company more versatile on your resume, and might... afford opportunities to seek additional certifications to place on your resume * Medical/Dental benefits are decent, with vision being free to employees (as of this review) * Relatively flat structure

Cons

* No 401k matching, the folks managing the 401k don't do that great of a job either, better off doing your own IRA * Almost no room for growth unless someone dies or retires * Salary growth is minimal, and they pay 20-30k less than their peers in the industry (a big reason for turnover as folks leave as soon as they get their clearance) * Very little oversight from management as they are either continuously... absent/unavailable, or not concerned with matters that don't directly affect their projects or money, this results in employees frequently finding themselves without tasking or facing walls that prevent completion of tasking with no way to resolve them * Employee training is non-existent despite the company using a proprietary program they developed themselves for 90% of their work * Another issue with the lack of training is that employees will constantly find themselves working on projects for subject matter they might not know anything about (unless an employee had prior military experience, in particular navy, the chances of this are extremely high) * For programmers, the head programmer hoards all the interesting work for himself, has poor delegation skills, and complaints from programmers tend to stem from these problems (lack of work, lack of interesting work) * For analysts, the definition of whatever problem you are trying to analyze is always changing throughout a project (partly to blame on the customer base, partly to blame on project management not sticking to their guns or not actually knowing the subject matter themselves). You will rarely support any one project cradle-to-grave, will frequently have to retrain people on your project and work done thus far, and will also find yourself rejoining a project months after being pulled off, having to retrain yourself. * The nature of the projects results in a very uneven workflow with long slow periods, and extreme bursts of workload, which has resulted in morale issues among employees (fear of job loss, feeling overworked) * Extremely high turnover at this branch, highest in the company, this branch had 3x the turnover of the branch with the next highest turnover in the company in 2017 * Less than 30% of the company as a whole has been there 6 years or longer (the company has been around almost 4 decades) * 3 years vestment period for employee stock option plan, most don't make that cutoff due to turnover (or otherwise), and the value of your earned stock option gets disseminated to remaining employees * Employer sponsored events are far better, and more frequent, for the east coast divisions than the west * Big corporate is on the east coast, and provides very little oversight or interaction to their west coast branches

Metron Scientific Solutions2018-09-18

"No bonus or raise"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Metron Scientific Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible pto, nice location, free snacks

Cons

My hourly wage went up 19 cents my entire tenure

Advice to Management

Favoritism is blantanly obvious

Metron Scientific Solutions2018-06-17
  7. "Challenging projects"

I have been working at Metron Scientific Solutions full-time

Pros

Small company with people who work well together. Flat organizational structure with easy access to all levels. They strive and succeed at attracting very smart and dedicated employees.

Cons

Small company can have volatility in funding.

Metron Scientific Solutions2018-05-16
  8. "Part-Time Employee Review"

Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Rosslyn, VA

I worked at Metron Scientific Solutions part-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary for the analysis work was very competitive in the marketplace. Metron was quite flexible with my work hours; I was able to telecommute and still effectively supported the contract work to which I was assigned. HR was proactive and kept employees well informed.

Cons

Because I was primarily a telecommuter, I did not meet most of the company leadership. However, there were opportunities and senior management did not make an effort to engage or get to know me. As a part-time employee I received few benefits, which translated to feeling somewhat like an outsider and not part of the team. As a result, there was disinterest in further career development or opportunities outside of... one specific contract.

Advice to Management

Ensure you make an effort to meet and get to know all of your employees, regardless of part-time or full-time status.

Metron Scientific Solutions2018-01-19
  9. "Analyst"

I have been working at Metron Scientific Solutions full-time

Pros

Just need a science degree

Cons

Management needs a lot of work

Metron Scientific Solutions2017-07-31

"It was okay for a first job out of college."

Former Employee - Operations/Systems Analyst in San Diego, CA

I worked at Metron Scientific Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

They hire entry level, recent college grads, and the work looks good on paper. It's good for starting out. Even better if you like the work.

Cons

The work is really boring. The people that have been there for a while, were only there for about a year. The people who had "been there forever" had only been there for 3 years. No one stays. High turnover. No 401(k) matching. Hourly employees get paid time for overtime, not time and a half.

Advice to Management

Allow some schedule flexibility. Ability to work remotely, 9/80s, 4/10s, etc.

Metron Scientific Solutions2017-07-27