KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Metroplex Management Group

Is this your company?

Metroplex Management Group

Add a Review

Metroplex Management Group Employee Reviews about "management"

Updated Jun 15, 2022

Found 25 of over 86 reviews

3.9
Metroplex Management Group President Bill Bishop (no image)
Bill Bishop

18 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

a misleading, unrewarding, and horrendous job opportunity

Feb 28, 2017 - Junior Marketing Manager in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

There were two or three people there that I truly enjoyed and appreciated for doing a great job, being supportive/insightful, and being all around wholesome individuals.

Cons

I don't know where to start.... -You don't know what days you have off until sunday night each week (never have weekends off, just two random weekdays) which makes it impossible to make plans -They lure you in with promises of becoming a 'marketing manager' when it is really more of a puppy mill for sales representatives that do nothing but sit in a Sam's Club or Walmart all day -The management often loses sight of what constitutes 'constructive criticism' and resorts to simple insults and criticisms to try and 'inspire' you. -They bait and switch the amount of money you will be getting paid. While I was told during interviews that I would be making around 55k doing a normal job and up to 75k doing well, in reality I was doing great but making only about 30k and none of my coworkers were surpassing much above 40-45k -The entire company feels deceitful, even when I was looking at their website I never was able to figure out exactly what it was that they did (because they hide it and situationally trap you once you've assimilated into the company). Seriously, look up their website... they advertise customer retention, marketing consulting, and brand management as three of their major services but all anybody in the company does is sit in a Sam's Club for 10 hours pitching people about DirecTV. Complete smoke and mirrors. -Because your always in a Sam's club all day and only spend about an hour in the office each morning, there is little to no sense of community at the job. On top of that, since your at Sam's Club everyday, which is usually located in a zoning area populated with large retailers or fast food, your main option for lunch each day is Sam's Club pizza.

36 people found this review helpful

President

Thank you for the insight and we definitely apologize that you weren't able to make the income that you desired! The starting salary is dependent on an individual's background and skill set. We pride ourselves on having a team environment and we aspire to be involved personally with each of our employees. We feel part of the reason for our massive growth at Metroplex Management Group is due to our Company Culture and Team Environment. We look for individuals we can cross-train into Management (The salary in that position is minimum 75k) and apologize that you did not have a full understanding of what our intentions are. Please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns you might have and we will do our best to make it right! respectfully, MMG management staff

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Couldn't ask for better management

Oct 10, 2014 - Brand Ambassador in Irving, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

There's a lot of growth with this company. You do start at an entry level position but very rapidly can make a career out of the position. Once I caught onto the rolls they had me start training new employees. Right now I'm so close to opening my own part of the company I can feel it. The management is by far the best I have ever worked for. Very understanding since I do have kids and things just kind of come up out of no where, as long as you keep them informed and communicate with them they are great! I can't wait to see where I'll be in a year.

Cons

I really cant think of anything right now.

2 people found this review helpful

President

We appreciate all of your kind words! We can't wait to see you grow with the company!

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company!

May 13, 2019 - Corporate Trainer in Irving, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Metroplex MG has a great atmosphere, the staff really feels like family. This is the only company I've worked for that I've seen the CEO on a daily basis, been able to have one on one conversations with upper management about my performance and had full transparency with intentions as far as development opportunities and how I was doing on a day to day basis. They don't sugar coat anything and handle matters in the most professional way possible. Of course you work at retail locations, the reasoning being if you want to be able to lead a team, maintaining relationships with people and outside companies is something you HAVE to be good at. So I'm assuming most of these bad reviews are from people who couldn't handle the preliminary aspects of what management truly entails. You are trained well and are not micromanaged which is such a rewarding feeling, to be trusted the way management trusts and invests in their employees here. All in all, I had a great experience with this company. They have truly helped develop me into the business professional I have become today. Thanks Metroplex!

Cons

Not Applicable, nothing I can think of!

3 people found this review helpful

President

Thank you for the review as this is great feedback. Our Management staff is happy to hear we have been able to make a positive impact for you not only professional but personal as well.

4. 1.0

Corporate trainer

Aug 13, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Zip, zero, nada. Nothing good.

Cons

Absolutely everything. The amount of fraudulent stuff that went on was insane. People were being praised and promoted for it. I was a witness to countless fraudulent sales and watched coworkers get arrested for it. Working 6-7 days a week and was never allowed to ask for a day off. Standing in sams club for 8 hours a day and only allowed a 30 minute lunch break eating sams club pizza or hot dogs. Worked here for almost a year and didnt see a commission check in the last three months when selling multiple DTVs a week. It’s a scam and if you need to pay rent please work somewhere else. So many false promises and so much turnover. I came in with 14 people and after three weeks there was only two of us left out of the 14. Management is terrible and the people “in charge” loves to brag about themselves.

10 people found this review helpful

President

Wow what a review :) It is unfortunate you were not able to grasp the opportunity available to you and I do know the reason we have been a successful multi million dollar company for the past 11 years is because of our transparency and honesty along with the amount of individuals we have promoted to Territory Management. In order to get promoted within our company someone has to be a team player, driven, and be willing to put in the effort to grow not only professionally but personally as well. Our growth model is simple - we never said it was easy ;) Good luck on your future endeavors and let me know if you need anything.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Advancement

May 9, 2018 - Account Manager in Irving, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am a recent grad who applied online and was recently hired on as an Account Manager for Metroplex Management Group. Best decision I've made thus far! I absolutely love my job and my fellow employees. The environment is very competitive yet still enjoyable to be apart of. The engagement between management and employees is remarkable and is nothing like I've ever experienced at any other job!

Cons

I can't think of anything.

President

We appreciate you trusting in us and wanting to further your career as well.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Misleading, only slightly better than a MLM

Jan 13, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

-It's work and will pay better than a MLM -If you're happy with retail work that's heavily commission-based, you might like it

Cons

-Totally misleading job titles and expectations presented to attract young people in particular -The lofty image and promise of professional development and future opportunity is a rouse and totally without substance -Those who do attain bigger titles within the company won't be qualified for anything like the job titles would reflect -A sizable portion of the reviews here were made at the behest of management and are not genuine

9 people found this review helpful

President

Thanks for your feedback as we are always doing our best to help others grow and have a positive impact. Unfortunately i cannot look back and see which position you had applied for, but I apologize that you were not involved in a campaign that motivated you. The great thing about our company is you get out what you put in so for the individuals who come in and want growth there is endless opportunities. We also do not allow anyone to post a review until they have been here long enough to form their own opinion about our company so we can always make sure to grow not only as professionals but personally as well.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Growth Opportunities!

Jan 15, 2019 - Account Ececutive in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked here for 7 months and the atmosphere is amazing! I love how in depth the management training is and I feel this has led me to become a great manager. The pay is based on background and experience.

Cons

If you aren't willing to put in the work you won't get promoted

1 person found this review helpful

President

Thanks for all your hard work!

8. 1.0
    Former Employee

You can make A LOT of money but you will not have a life outside work.

Sep 14, 2020 - Brand Representative in Irving, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

You do have the ability to earn a lot of money and ascend into management quickly if you put in the work. If making money is your priority, Metroplex is for you.

Cons

There is no work/life balance. It's all about selling so you will be working 12+ hours a day between training, selling in store, conference calls, etc. This is a commission based job.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best company I’ve ever worked for

Sep 4, 2019 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is definitely one of my favorite companies I’ve ever worked with! They’re professional when they need to be and personable when the situation calls for it. It’s one of the best management dynamics I’ve ever experienced!

Cons

Definitely a unique environment if you’re not used to it

President

Thanks for being part of the MMG family!

10. 1.0

Basically a glorified Pyramid Scheme

Jul 10, 2020 - Marketing in Irving, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free coffee, Lame motivational speeches every morning

Cons

False advertising. The only role at this job is the being the annoying person at Sam's Club and Costco that are following people around asking people who their Phone, TV, internet, Electricity provider is. There is a TON of FRAUD that happens here, and is basically impossible to make money without participating in it. People were ARRESTED that worked here. Upper management participated in it and never got caught. There are no benefits. You'll get paid more working retail.

13 people found this review helpful