KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Metroplex Management Group

Is this your company?

Metroplex Management Group

Add a Review

Metroplex Management Group Employee Reviews about "people"

Updated Jun 15, 2022

Found 20 of over 86 reviews

3.9
Metroplex Management Group President Bill Bishop (no image)
Bill Bishop

Publicis Health

18 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The pay is good if you do well at your job, this is a self(in 6 reviews)
  • "Good people to work with.(in 4 reviews)
  • "The environment that they foster makes everyone feel like family.(in 3 reviews)
  • "Amazing opportunities to make super good money.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0
    Current Employee

Okay

Oct 22, 2014 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people to work with. Flexible for the most part. If you are excellent at sales, you have the POTENTIAL to make big bucks.

Cons

You have have to drive an hour to work. Hyped pay when hiring. Base pay is $8. That's it. You can earn more after that but it's $8 an hour flat.

1 person found this review helpful

President

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We're glad that you enjoy working with our staff! We hope to help every employee reach their full potential. The base pay of each position we offer does depend on each individual's background and qualifications, NONE of our positions start off at $8/hr. Thank you for your continued time spent with our company.

2. 2.0

Know What You're Getting Into

Aug 6, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very aggressive and upbeat atmosphere. The people who work there have an energy and charisma that make them perfect for the job. They are also eager to work with you and want to see you succeed.

Cons

No matter which side you go into, it's going to be tough. You get a flat rate of $8 an hour. If you meet sales goals, you get paid more. You have to love interacting with people. You have to be a salesperson through and through.

8 people found this review helpful

President

We have never paid $8/hr and we offer a base salary for all employees with the opportunity for fast advancement as well. We are not looking for people just interested in sales. We are looking for individuals we can cross-train into a Marketing Management within our rapidly expanding company. We're glad that you enjoyed the atmosphere of our company! Please let us know if we can provide a recommendation for your future employment opportunities!

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company!

May 13, 2019 - Corporate Trainer in Irving, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Metroplex MG has a great atmosphere, the staff really feels like family. This is the only company I've worked for that I've seen the CEO on a daily basis, been able to have one on one conversations with upper management about my performance and had full transparency with intentions as far as development opportunities and how I was doing on a day to day basis. They don't sugar coat anything and handle matters in the most professional way possible. Of course you work at retail locations, the reasoning being if you want to be able to lead a team, maintaining relationships with people and outside companies is something you HAVE to be good at. So I'm assuming most of these bad reviews are from people who couldn't handle the preliminary aspects of what management truly entails. You are trained well and are not micromanaged which is such a rewarding feeling, to be trusted the way management trusts and invests in their employees here. All in all, I had a great experience with this company. They have truly helped develop me into the business professional I have become today. Thanks Metroplex!

Cons

Not Applicable, nothing I can think of!

3 people found this review helpful

President

Thank you for the review as this is great feedback. Our Management staff is happy to hear we have been able to make a positive impact for you not only professional but personal as well.

4. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great opportunity

Jan 9, 2020 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

You meet amazing people. ATMO morning meetings are meant for training. The pay is good if you work for it. I believe with a little help this office can prosper. I would change how things are done slightly. But over all it’s a great place to work.

Cons

You do have to put a lot of hours in but if you don’t mind working hard for your money it’s fine.

Be the first to find this review helpful

President

Thank you for the feedback- our team appreciates the opportunity to improve. We do make every effort to use positive reinforcement in any way possible and agree that success should be celebrated in all cases. We will continue to make this a priority and take note with newer members of the team.

5. 1.0

Corporate trainer

Aug 13, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Zip, zero, nada. Nothing good.

Cons

Absolutely everything. The amount of fraudulent stuff that went on was insane. People were being praised and promoted for it. I was a witness to countless fraudulent sales and watched coworkers get arrested for it. Working 6-7 days a week and was never allowed to ask for a day off. Standing in sams club for 8 hours a day and only allowed a 30 minute lunch break eating sams club pizza or hot dogs. Worked here for almost a year and didnt see a commission check in the last three months when selling multiple DTVs a week. It’s a scam and if you need to pay rent please work somewhere else. So many false promises and so much turnover. I came in with 14 people and after three weeks there was only two of us left out of the 14. Management is terrible and the people “in charge” loves to brag about themselves.

10 people found this review helpful

President

Wow what a review :) It is unfortunate you were not able to grasp the opportunity available to you and I do know the reason we have been a successful multi million dollar company for the past 11 years is because of our transparency and honesty along with the amount of individuals we have promoted to Territory Management. In order to get promoted within our company someone has to be a team player, driven, and be willing to put in the effort to grow not only professionally but personally as well. Our growth model is simple - we never said it was easy ;) Good luck on your future endeavors and let me know if you need anything.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Misleading, only slightly better than a MLM

Jan 13, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

-It's work and will pay better than a MLM -If you're happy with retail work that's heavily commission-based, you might like it

Cons

-Totally misleading job titles and expectations presented to attract young people in particular -The lofty image and promise of professional development and future opportunity is a rouse and totally without substance -Those who do attain bigger titles within the company won't be qualified for anything like the job titles would reflect -A sizable portion of the reviews here were made at the behest of management and are not genuine

9 people found this review helpful

President

Thanks for your feedback as we are always doing our best to help others grow and have a positive impact. Unfortunately i cannot look back and see which position you had applied for, but I apologize that you were not involved in a campaign that motivated you. The great thing about our company is you get out what you put in so for the individuals who come in and want growth there is endless opportunities. We also do not allow anyone to post a review until they have been here long enough to form their own opinion about our company so we can always make sure to grow not only as professionals but personally as well.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

The CEO is a well rounded, progressive individual that I have no doubts about following.

Feb 22, 2018 - Corporate Trainer
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture of the entire business is something I’ve never found in a job before. Everyone works hard and I just absolutely love the positivity and student mindedness here. You will see me work through this program and become wealthy because of Metroplex.

Cons

I personally don’t have any complaints me with the business. I suppose some people might see working 6 days and working every weekend as cons. I guess I’m just more career oriented than that.

1 person found this review helpful

President

We appreciate all your efforts and drive and will always allow you to work 6 days if that motivates you :)

8. 5.0

An Amazing Marketing Career Opportunity

Jul 2, 2019 - Brand Ambassador in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

- You're given the opportunity to grow your career AND pay, no salary cap here - A lot of growth, professionally and professionally - Really great position if you have an entrepreneur spirit/mentality - Met a lot of great and fun people

Cons

- They push you out of your comfort zone

Be the first to find this review helpful
  9. 1.0

Basically a glorified Pyramid Scheme

Jul 10, 2020 - Marketing in Irving, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free coffee, Lame motivational speeches every morning

Cons

False advertising. The only role at this job is the being the annoying person at Sam's Club and Costco that are following people around asking people who their Phone, TV, internet, Electricity provider is. There is a TON of FRAUD that happens here, and is basically impossible to make money without participating in it. People were ARRESTED that worked here. Upper management participated in it and never got caught. There are no benefits. You'll get paid more working retail.

13 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

Entry Level Management

Aug 10, 2016 - Management Trainee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Just got hired on with this company! Absolutley love the Atmosphere, unlike any other job ive had. The pay was higher than I expected with lots of room growth I was told.

Cons

If your not a hard worker or looking for a desk job this isn't place for you. If you enjoy people and are positive in a team setting you will love what we have to offer!

6 people found this review helpful

President

Thank you for your review! We enjoy having you in our office everyday! We feel that you contribute a lot to our team and can't wait to have you grow your career with us!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 Reviews