KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Metroplex Management Group

Engaged Employer

Metroplex Management Group

Add a Review

Metroplex Management Group Employee Reviews about "sams"

Updated Aug 18, 2021

Found 4 of over 85 reviews

3.9
Metroplex Management Group President Bill Bishop (no image)
Bill Bishop

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Advertising

Publicis Health

16 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The pay is good if you do well at your job, this is a self(in 5 reviews)
  • "The environment that they foster makes everyone feel like family.(in 3 reviews)
  • "A fun and comfortable work environment, good hours and pay, and good mentors(in 3 reviews)
  • "Good people to work with.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
  • "Management wouldn’t let him leave, and he ended up in the ER with a 103 degree fever(in 4 reviews)
  • "Long hours, constantly on your feet, always want more of your time, personally i drove up to 115 miles a day when I’m in the McKinney store management knows this and says “just make more sales and you wont have to worry about it”(in 3 reviews)
  • "Long driving periods, you either make commission or get paid hourly not both(in 3 reviews)
  • "You get paid more and get better benefits just working FOR Costco instead of working for MPM INSIDE the Costco.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "sams"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 1.0

Not worth it

Aug 18, 2021 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

None, what you do is sale AT&T phones at Sams Club. You get paid $12 dollars an hour if you don’t sell enough phones or line services.

Cons

They lie to you just to start working there. You have to be flexible and want to stand at a Sams Club selling phones most of the day. You start over on your sales every week so either your sales 10 or more lines or you better put in hours because money would be short.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not what you would think

Mar 4, 2020 - Sales/Marketing in Irving, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

nice people, free donuts sometimes in the morning

Cons

This job is literally standing into Sams all day, trying to stop people from shopping to get them to buy a phone plan. The role title and job description are the furthest things from the truth in what the day to day is. In my time here, I was hired with about 5 other people, who all quit within the first week. The main office waiting area is filled each day with people who are interviewing for the job, because the turnover is that high. At least 10 people had quit within my first week of being there. They have these "morning meetings" where you role play with other sales staff, and the punch line is "Who is your current TV and cell phone provider? How many TVs do you have? Do you wish they could all record?". After the morning meetings are done, everyone drives 20-30 minutes to a Sams store where you stand all day by a phone booth and ask people about their cell phone plans. Some of the sales people that I worked with would sometimes run down the aisles of Sams chasing people down. It was the most demeaning job I have ever worked for, and I could not say worst things about it. Everyone I spoke to there hated it and was looking for jobs elsewhere, but was keeping the job for the minimum wage they give you (excluding a commission for selling a phone plan). If you have any self respect for yourself and others (who are innocently trying to show for groceries in Sams), then do not take this job.

16 people found this review helpful
  3. 1.0

Corporate trainer

Aug 13, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Zip, zero, nada. Nothing good.

Cons

Absolutely everything. The amount of fraudulent stuff that went on was insane. People were being praised and promoted for it. I was a witness to countless fraudulent sales and watched coworkers get arrested for it. Working 6-7 days a week and was never allowed to ask for a day off. Standing in sams club for 8 hours a day and only allowed a 30 minute lunch break eating sams club pizza or hot dogs. Worked here for almost a year and didnt see a commission check in the last three months when selling multiple DTVs a week. It’s a scam and if you need to pay rent please work somewhere else. So many false promises and so much turnover. I came in with 14 people and after three weeks there was only two of us left out of the 14. Management is terrible and the people “in charge” loves to brag about themselves.

10 people found this review helpful

Metroplex Management Group Response

President

Wow what a review :) It is unfortunate you were not able to grasp the opportunity available to you and I do know the reason we have been a successful multi million dollar company for the past 11 years is because of our transparency and honesty along with the amount of individuals we have promoted to Territory Management. In order to get promoted within our company someone has to be a team player, driven, and be willing to put in the effort to grow not only professionally but personally as well. Our growth model is simple - we never said it was easy ;) Good luck on your future endeavors and let me know if you need anything.

4. 3.0

Mixed feelings

Aug 10, 2018 - Brand Ambassador in Irving, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

*You make a lot of connections and friends. *The sales game gets addicting and fun *at the begining of your shift they do a fun atmosphere/pep rally *you get to dress nice *it's direct sales so there is no ceiling. You tell them how much you're worth. *they are understanding and accommodating and the owner Bill Bishop is a very nice man. *The group chat is a positive place to post your successes and get a virtual high five and tips and tricks from your peers and leaders.

Cons

*what myself and most of my class thought we interviewed for is not what the job is. *you're literally those direct tv sales people you see in sams and costco and a manager constitutes as running a team/office of those sales people. *you are traveling to multiple stores around the metroplex on your own dime and your first pay check doesn't show up till your third week and it is only for the 2 hour a day training you did your first week. If you do not already have a fat savings account, prepare to be in the hole and late on rent. *YOU DO NOT GET HOURLY AND COMMISSION (just to clarify as most of my class as well as my self thought you did) you get paid one or the other and It's which ever out weighs the other. *once you're in the team is like family as I stated in the pros but I personally feel like the interview process is deceitful. I was even asked not to talk about what we actually do in front of new prospects. *your schedule is chosen for you despite being told you get to choose your shift. * I personally felt like I was giving more than I was recieving.

13 people found this review helpful

Metroplex Management Group Response

President

Thanks for the feedback Calloway and I apologize that this opportunity wasn't what you thought it was. We have multiple positions here at Metroplex Management Group and depending on someone's background and skill sets determines their schedule and how fast or slow they advance within our company. Our paychecks are 2 weeks behind like every company so I am pretty sure on your next endeavor you will not get a paycheck till 2 weeks. Also we have over 8 different clients so not sure why you are mentioning a client we had 9 years ago because we have obviously tripled in size since then. Our main purpose here at Metroplex Management Management Group is to develop Territory Managers and if someone is wanting that position then there is a certain schedule that comes along with that and we ask anyone who works with us what motivates them and therefore offer full time, part time, and internships. We also have no problem with rewarding high performance individuals with not only salary and commission but also the schedule they choose :) It sounds like there are many questions unanswered so feel free to reach out for an exit interview and once again thanks for the feedback because we always strive to be transparent as possible.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews