Found 16 of over 138 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Some bad managers and no proper training" (in 5 reviews)
- "Organization as a whole felt disorganized and lacking leadership or clear direction." (in 5 reviews)
- "Management is inconsistent throughout the organization, and that helps create pockets that are good to work in and pockets that present certain challenges." (in 4 reviews)
- "Growth opportunities are far and in between." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Metropolitan Council of the Twin Cities and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "great benefits"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Sep 29, 2016Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearMinneapolis, MN
* Great Benefits and Job Security * Pension * Great Pay * Training and career advancement * One of few government agencies that is actually making money * Great people, feel like you're part of a big family
go through a lot of red tape to get things approved or going
- 4.0Jan 25, 2022Senior EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsMinneapolis, MN
Great team, community-focused, great benefits
Can be difficult to get quick action, can be bureaucratic
- 3.0May 7, 2012Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Great benefits and a place to be challenged. Excellent training opportunities and chances to expand horizons. I love my boss and this place
putting up with politicians who have no idea what you do. Environment is not conducive to do your best because the politicians control your life2
- 4.0Jan 29, 2021Transportation PlannerFormer EmployeeSaint Paul, MN
Work-life balance great benefits low turnover rate low living cost freedom
relatively low pay, low promotion rate,
- 4.0Oct 6, 2021Senior EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsSaint Paul, MN
Great benefits package and work/life balance. Job is fun and interesting. Current supervisor is great and supports my career goals and training opportunities. Coworkers are very kind and do a great job. Feel supported during the pandemic by management, and they are expanding future opportunities for telework and hybrid work.
Middle management jobs seem very challenging and political. Management seems out of touch with the needs of operations personnel.1
- 4.0Oct 13, 2020Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
Great benefits and vacation time along with a pension
Technology lags behind the market and puts technology professionals behind everyone in the private sector.
- 3.0Oct 25, 2016Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Great benefits. Progressive work with build up of transportation light rail in the Twin Cities.
Full cycle recruitment and unions in this position.