Metropolitan Regional Information Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

David Charron

1. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Manager in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Metropolitan Regional Information Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

excellent company to work with, very open for new innovations and ideas.

Cons

little disorganized when come to planning.

Advice to Management

keep up good work.

2. "Analyst"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Pros

Great enviroment to work, everyone is very friendly and always will to help

Cons

It is very hard to transfer to different department

"Nice people and culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

I worked at Metropolitan Regional Information Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are very nice and the corporate culture is great. Work is interesting, but not always busy.

Cons

Management is all about covering their backside. Little direction or personal development if you are not in the "click". Many employees left to figure it out on their own without guidance or management input.

Advice to Management

Stop treating employees like cattle. Try to assist them in personal development with guidance and not constant blaming them for errors made while trying to figure it out on their own.

"Great CEO - Company needs a rebirth"

I worked at Metropolitan Regional Information Systems full-time

Pros

The overall employee experience and culture is very positive. Collectively the employees are very supportive of one another. There are pockets where you can also see that Management is supportive of members of their staff. The physical environment is comfortable, trendy and a "feel good" place to come to work to.

David Charron is the CEO, he is very visible, and interacts with the employees. His messages to the staff have always been clear and he seems to genuinely care about the company and the employees.

The company's yearly bonus program was good, not lucrative, but good.

Cons

While management is given the reigns and are empowered to recognize, support, and "manage" their staff there are inconsistencies amongst the management team. One manager may be very flexible with a "flexible" work schedule while another isn't, another may seek to promote and reward their staff for great work, while another either raises the bar so high that no on one their staff will ever reach the bar or they just don't find ways to reward their staff for great work. The employees more than the directors seem cutting edge in how they think about the work.

In addition, there could be more creativity and involvement from a human resources perspective. Greater opportunity for real training, more employee development opportunities at all levels;

6. "Great Company"

I have been working at Metropolitan Regional Information Systems full-time

Pros

treats their employees very well and knows the importance of employee morale. many little things they do internally to keep their employees happy. everyone is great to work with and it is like a family in a way.

Cons

goals and review system needs structure. people who perform well are certainly recognized and compensated for the most part, but there is potential for holes and gaps. allow me to explain..... management does not formally set goals for the year ahead of time in our performance review systems. everyone ends up entering their goals into the review system at the end of year at the same time they are entering their self-assessments and getting their reviews from managers. despite this weak area, it has not seemed to affect the quality of the company as a whole in my eyes, it merely has the potential to be very bad. (i would still highly recommend working for them).

Advice to Management

be more strict with goal setting procedures and have them entered at beginning of the year so employees know what they are working toward and the review system is less of a facade.

have a more structured and laid out succession planning and promotion track.

7. "I was a customer service coordinator and I took incoming calls from realtors, brokers, and appraisers."

Former Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Rockville, MD

I worked at Metropolitan Regional Information Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best thing about working at MRIS is that the call center closes at 6:30pm so you have time to be with your family at night. The calls are pretty simple, so you don't have to go crazy trying to figure out how to solve your customer issues. There are some of those customers that you can not satisfied but they are far and in between.

Cons

The challenges of working at MRIS is that they are cliques. You sometimes feel that you are in high school and you are trying to get in the in crowd and the upper management feels like the mean girls.

8. "positive"

Current Employee - Architect
    Current Employee - Architect

Pros

very dynamic. Values technical skill set and allows diverse experience

Cons

communication needs to be more effective

9. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Pros

MRIS is an employer that makes sure its employees are recognized and happy with their work. The people working there were some of the friendliest I have every encountered in a workplace. The benefits were excellent and I really enjoyed my time there.

Cons

There are way too many meetings at MRIS. These meetings make it very difficult to have the time to get your job done during regular work hours.

Advice to Management

Try to limit the amount of meetings for the staff so that they can get their work done. Don't expect staff to meet unrealistic deadlines when there are only so many hours in the day.

10. "Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Education Coordinator in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Education Coordinator in Rockville, MD

Pros

The staff is very down to earth and easy to get along with and the company overall is great to work for. Benefits are great as well.

Cons

Since it is a small company and we are in the real estate industry, there can be times when there is not opportunity for growth for some, but if you work hard enough, there may still be a chance of growth as a positions can always be created.

Advice to Management

Whenever any new products are added for our clients to start using, it is good to have the entire staff be able to not only get to use those new products but have some sort of training on those products before it is presented to our clients.

11. "Early Recognition for Great Work"

Pros

MRIS, Inc. is a great place to work for small to medium size organizations. I have worked at much larger companies (5,000 + employees) and MRIS, provides the benefits, open communication and opportunities that can be found at those. What is key is professional development. While many of the departments and management level jobs are fully staffed, leadership pushes their employees from staff to VP to development themeselves through trainings, certifications, joining associations, etc. There is lots of leverage to not only do what your specific job requires but to also branch out and take on additional responsibilites and learn other avenues within your discipline.

They offer great benefits in terms of health and wellness and their recognition and bonus programs are on par if not in some cases execeeding those of larger organizations. Even newly hired employees receive sizable bonuses and recognition awards.

Cons

Being a small company with great benefits, job advancement is limited because many of those in the Director or higher level positions are not leaving. While the organization is moving toward telecommuting and telework, management is slow to release the reigns and feel confident that the work will still get done when the employee is not on site.

Advice to Management

I think that our management and leadership team here is actually doing a great job. There are many programs that have and are being introduced to our external clients and employees that will advance our business and our employee/employer impact. Great job!