Metropolitan Transportation Authority Employee Reviews about "culture"
Updated May 22, 2023
Found 74 of over 2K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "The benefits are great and the experience of being a bus operator is interesting" (in 241 reviews)
- "Great place to work pay is good you can get alot of things done.." (in 95 reviews)
- "good company with with good pension plan" (in 61 reviews)
- "The people there were all nice and close." (in 55 reviews)
- "Work life balance was good" (in 38 reviews)
- "agency and employees are ruined by poor management." (in 60 reviews)
- "bad culture and policies t the MTA" (in 23 reviews)
- "performing and even troublesome employees can survive for decades because managers don't want to go through the trouble of terminating them." (in 18 reviews)
- "The 'BSC' is incompetent and upper management knows it and still have not rectified." (in 14 reviews)
- "Long hours; working in all weathers" (in 14 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Metropolitan Transportation Authority and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "culture"Return to all Reviews
- Current Employee, more than 8 years★★★★★
Good experienceDec 2, 2019 - AnalystRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
the vibrant culture and exciting projects to work with
things happen slower than a private world
- Former Employee★★★★★
This is some suggestions to improve on a company's position in a marketDec 24, 2015 -RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The best pros of working at mta is it give good reputation to its workers and offers a sense of initiative to develop further skills to become an important asset in the organization
Some of the challenges of working are interacting with different culture of people and finding the solution to these situations efficient and effectiveContinue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★
goodDec 23, 2021 - Senior Director in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
good job and work life balance
bad culture and policies t the MTA
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★
Overrated, You will quit like manyOct 2, 2019 - Desktop Support AnalystRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Good pay for desktop IF they dont put you at a lower level than what you already are which is what they usually do. - holidays are included. - Free travel passes for LIRR and Subway - Not micromanaged, you make your own schedule and kill your task as they come in. - You can move around within the company in a way, depending on your credentials.
- 401k plan managed by prudential is horrible (2.5 years later my 401k is at 11k, a friend a mine at verizon balance is at 30k, same match rate at 6% almost same pay ). - only 1 week of vacation - 1 year probation - They try to make you feel like less than what you really are simply because they planned to hire a level 2 technician even tho you might've applied for levels 1-5. So even if you resume deems you to be a level 5, they will stick you with a level 2 and say dont worry you can move up .... - YOU NEVER MOVE UP, you apply for the openings to move up in levels but never get it (unless you're friends and family with higher ups). So then work morale drops and people eventually quit or apply to other groups. - YOU DO NOT GET A PENSION, IT department Falls under the HQ/BSC branch of MTA, and although you have a union, you dont have a pension but for some reason if the job title you obtain isn't represented, then you have a Pension. - Lots of complaints go over management heads. They tell you just deal with it because you complaining isn't going to change anything. - People have this bad attitude of 'this is not my job' so even though a tech knows how to do the whole job, if it contains a bit of networking they wont do it because 'im not networks, call network guys and make them come do their job' and now the user is left again still not able to work. (big companies are always sub divided, there's a division for everything). - You get the sense that HR or the company as a whole doesn't care much for your complaints unless you get a lawyer because they give off this arrogant attitude that well this is a City/State job, if you quit someone else will gladly come in - Culture and Value ? there is none.Continue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★
Discouraging place to work unless you are connected or related to someone working thereOct 3, 2011 - Public Relations Specialist in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
If you need a check.
Employees are not valued and the corporate culture is a hostile.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★
Decent.Oct 2, 2019 - APM1 in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Vacation days, sick days, laid back culture.
Work culture is depressing and makes you have no self worth. Hard to get a raise.Continue reading
- Former Intern, less than 1 year★★★★★
Great Place to Work InJul 29, 2019 - Data Analysis InternRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I worked in the LIRR division of MTA. The company culture and job as a whole is wonderful. In order for the team to have an intern there has to be set goals for the intern to complete, so you know going in the work you would be doing. They are there to help you and answer any of your questions.
There's not much to do so you can't challenge yourself or you might feel bored quickly. They don't have many things an intern can do, so you can feel lost after a month.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★
Head up its own...Nov 15, 2021 - Director in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Decent benefits. Safe long term employment
Culture frowns on common sense and self respect. If you have a way to do something better, and bring it up, you're told to 'wait' till it can be moved forward which usually is around 6 - 12 months. If you ask again, you're ostracized. Most people there just waiting to retire and trying to do as little as possible.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★
Not your average work environmentNov 19, 2019 - Associate Engineer in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
If you like complicated and bureaucratic organizations this place is for you. If you enjoy working with people this is a good fit. Great work-life balance if youre in the right department.
Too much red tape and not a conducive work environment for out of the box thinking. If youre looking to be in with the times and work on projects that will drive us into the future this is not the place. Outdated work and culture mentality thats based on seniority and not actual experience.Continue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★
Interesting and Dynamic CultureJan 30, 2015 - Management in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Excellent Benefits - Great People - Interesting Work Environment
- Get used to stagnant - Old culture (tho a lot of young talent is coming in) - Slow-paced and no room for advancement.Continue reading