Cover image for Mettler-Toledo

Mettler-Toledo CEO Patrick Kaltenbach
Patrick Kaltenbach

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Mettler-Toledo and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Excellent Employer

Nov 17, 2022 - Business Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits Great employee engagement

Cons

I have not experienced any real cons to working at MT

Recruiting Leader

Thank you for your feedback! So happy to hear you are enjoying your time with Mettler Toledo!

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Average company

Dec 2, 2022 - Sales Associate in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company as a whole is a fantastic company to work for. Decent pay and benefits. Latest systems and tools needed to do daily work projects.

Cons

Too much red tape to get past, Suffers from typical office politics, Managers and leads let personal issues with their team get in the way of the main goal, Not enough recognition for loyalty or above average work performance, Too focused on negative issues.

3. Join the Mettler-Toledo team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Overall good place to work

Oct 31, 2022 - Radiation Safety Officer in Lutz, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

- have a great management team. - Room to grow internally - Results oriented

Cons

- Very small portion of bonus incentives are based on personal performance. - record keeping and overall communication within the company is lacking at best. - salaries within the company tend to be on the lower end of competitive . This forces most employees into a long commute due to cost of living in the area.

Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion. We are glad to hear that overall your experience in working with us is positive. We also appreciate your comments for improvement.

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

UNLESSS YOU HAVE NO OTHER OPTIONS STAY AWAY

Aug 18, 2022 - Field Technician in Wichita, KS
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company I was working for was bought out by Mettler Toledo. I saw NO PROS in the time that I worked here.

Cons

*Was told to lie to customers about damages caused by another tech so that they could bill the customer for the parts instead of paying for the damages caused. *Sexual harassment and racism seem to be okay here *made to file fraudulent test reports. *left for these reasons and am spending my retirement savings fighting the non-compete! *When leaving I was called a liar for almost 15 minutes, the guy was asking for a schedule and I didn't have one. What he actually wanted was a customer list that I had already given them. *Was supposed to have an exit process where they told me all leaving and when insurance and benefits would end. Never happened. *Never paid for any of my on-call time

6 people found this review helpful

Head of Talent Attraction, Recruitment Marketing

Thank you for sharing your review. I am very sorry to hear about your turbulent employee experience. I can promise you that METTLER TOLEDO takes allegations of misconduct very seriously. I encourage you to share your details directly through this email address: ombudsman@mt.com. This will allow METTLER TOLEDO to collect the necessary details to follow-up on and appropriately address any concerns you have.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Stable company with work life balance

Sep 19, 2022 - Senior Solution Specialist in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working for Mettler for the past few years and enjoying it. The company is very stable financially and if you are looking for Job Security and work life balance, this is the place to be. You will see many of them working for 20 to 40 years, which explains the stability.

Cons

Growth Opportunities can be limited

Recruiting Leader

Thanks for leaving a positive review! It's so nice to hear you are enjoying it!

7. 3.0

Salary

Nov 11, 2022 - Field Service Technician in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people I work with

Cons

Back office and management don’t care for the techs.

Recruiting Leader

Thank you for your feedback. We will take this into consideration and review with our management staff.

8. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Don’t even bother applying for a job opening

Oct 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I learn a lot in my job.

Cons

Don’t bother. They already have someone in mind. They don’t even have the courtesy to respond to your application, whether you’re not qualified or they’ve already hired one for the job. You’ll just be surprised the posting is deleted and you get a bulletin announcing the new person.

1 person found this review helpful

Recruiting Leader

Thank you for sharing your experiences here. There is much to be learned from your input, but the absolute best way for us to learn and improve is to encourage you to speak to your local leadership, HR Resource or Recruiting.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Outstanding processing

Oct 8, 2022 - CNC Fabricator in Lutz, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place for work, and make a career of your interest!

Cons

None ! ! ! !

Recruiting Leader

Thanks for your feedback! So happy to hear you are enjoying your time as an employee of Metter Toledo!

10. 5.0

Great Company

Oct 2, 2022 - IT Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Inspiring place to work. Kind of like working at Google

Cons

Eliminate wasteful spending and increase profit sharing.

11. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

A great company to work for on paper, absolute hell in daily experience.

Sep 13, 2022 - Welder/Fabricator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Vacation and PTO award rate higher than other companies in this field/area. Free pair of safety shoes every year. Clean, new facility with new tools and uniform work areas.

Cons

Extensive micromanaging to the levels I've never witnessed before. Get told to "follow the print to a T" yet whenever you discover a discrepancy within a print, bring it to your superiors attention with questions of how to proceed, you get told to do some sort of Jerry rig solution to the problem, and if you further question that (ask if we should consult engineering, change the print to reflect the action taken, etc) you get heavily undermined and told essentially "do what I said, because do what I said, because I said it, so do it." Which is fallacious and a completely unsatisfactory response to how manufacturing is supposed to go if you've ever worked in an ISO regulated facility or similar. At Mettler Toledo you'll have endless numbers of parts of which the blueprint work instructions do not actually tell you how the part should be assembled/welded, and your only way to find out the correct way to do something is to ask a superior, and the response they give you may or may not be correct with what the current status quo of the day is for the particular part being manufactured. Everything there is very fly by night, make it up as you go along as far as work instructions and blueprints go, this is endlessly detrimental to you because you're accountable for every bad part you make, regardless if the print tells you what is conforming and non-conforming of the part. If you accrue a certain number of rejected parts within a quarter year period, this will disqualify you from the quarterly "bonus program" that they didn't intend on production workers being a part of, until someone accidentally sent out an email company wide alluding to bonuses and they begrudgingly included production workers after the fact (because we all got the email and they didn't want to have to explain it away). The morale here is lower than any job I've ever worked, and the turnover rate is higher than any job I've ever worked as well, but don't let the management team become aware to these facts, because they believe this is the greatest company in the solar system, Mettler Toledo can do no wrong, and anything negative that ever happens within this company can be solved in a day by hiring someone new.

4 people found this review helpful

Recruiting Leader

Thank you for sharing your concerns, which we take very seriously. We are looking into the information you shared to understand this further. We would like to learn more from you to help in our review and would encourage you to reach out to our Americas Legal Department or HR, if you would be willing to do so. Thank you again.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 745 Reviews
</>Embed

Mettler-Toledo Reviews FAQs

Mettler-Toledo has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 928 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at Mettler-Toledo to a friend and 72% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Mettler-Toledo employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Mettler-Toledo. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

74% of Mettler-Toledo employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Mettler-Toledo 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Mettler-Toledo to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Mettler-Toledo Job Seekers