Mfg.com Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Atlanta, GA

4.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bo Hagler

"MFG exciting place to work"

Current Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Mfg.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working at MFG.com. Excellent management that sets clear concise goals. The company is moving into new and exciting areas using technology to evolve and grow.

Cons

I have no cons to list

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent work!

2. "Great Experience"

Current Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great company, promotes a wonderful culture

Cons

There are no cons at mfg.

Advice to Management

Keep it up

3. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

Pros

MFG.com is a great place to work!

Having been here over 8 years as a sales rep, I’ve seen a lot of changes. But change is what helps companies grow. If you’re willing to adapt to change and embrace new ideas, you will thrive at our company. If you’re not, you won’t.

Selling a company’s product is the most stressful – yet rewarding – aspect of most companies. Selling at MFG.com is no different – you have to prospect, consult, keep following up, prove yourself over and over again to clients and keep on keeping on. But the reward is awesome! There is no better compensation plan that I’m aware of and where else can you take 21 days of vacation just after 3 years?! Benefits are great.

The atmosphere is business casual and professional in how we treat each other and manage our work days. Management is open to new ideas and initiative.

If you’re willing to work hard and be a TEAM player, you will thrive at MFG.com!

Cons

there are definitely NO cons!

Advice to Management

keep it up!

"Pragmatic Leadership/Developments/Comradery = Best 2 Years Ever"

Current Employee - Supplier Support In Atlanta in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Supplier Support In Atlanta in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Mfg.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

MFG.com is a really big deal. The idea of a marketplace for manufacturing was a game changer from the start and has experienced growing pains during the 16 years in business and even some difficult times during the recession but has developed into the most valuable and powerful tool in the world of manufacturing. I've been an employee at MFG.com for 2 years and I have many reasons that I enjoy my job. The company culture is professional, fun and customer centered. The energy and comradery in the office is filled with passion because everyone knows that we are a part of something very special. We have a fully committed team in every department that believes in the direction and vision from the executive team. The constant developments and desire to give our customers more value is intoxicating. The best part of my job is without a doubt hearing the success stories from our customers. When you hear from a customer that the company you work for saved their business, helped them to develop new customers or grew their business to the point that they need a bigger building, it makes your day. Some of the biggest developments ever are planned for 2016 and I'm proud to be a part of a company that is offering and developing products and services that have never existed before and cannot be found anywhere else. I look forward to continuing to be part of this magic that is MFG.com

Cons

I've put a lot of thought into this and I just cannot come up with any Cons. If your heart is in your work, do a great job of taking care of customers and produce results, then the management team is right their with you offering guidance and leadership second to none. Full Benefits: 401k Match, Health/Vision/Dental and great pay in return for great results. MFG.com takes care of their own. When you prove yourself to be an asset and have a good attitude, promotions and raises follow. I have no plans to leave MFG.com. These 2 years have been the best experience I've ever had at a company.

Advice to Management

Continue to be pragmatic in your approach to decisions, changes and developments. Keep asking why and we will help you find the answers. Continue to be positive, appreciative of our efforts and encouraging. Continue to guide us in the right direction. Continue to value our feedback and ideas. I applaud you on the last 2 years. You've done an absolutely amazing job in every department and aspect of the company. Thank you for the hard work and developments that have created this one of a kind company and positive environment to work in.

6. "Great Company, Great Product, Great Leadership"

Current Employee - Supplier Support in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Supplier Support in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Mfg.com (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great product, Great Leadership, Fun work environment, Good Pay, Plenty of PTO, Growing company, opportunity for growth and promotion.

I have been with MFG for 3 years and have held multiple positions within the company. Our leadership has taken this company in the right direction and provided a fun, motivating and profitable work environment.

Cons

I can't say there are any real cons. Nothing would not find at any other normal office environment. It's a new ERA for MFG, New Leadership, New Successes!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! We have seen what great changes have been made to the company and our road map to success is clear. The leadership of this company is of its greatest traits and I look forward to all the new challenges we are presented for success.

7. "Mid level software engineer"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Mfg.com (More than a year)

Pros

Very laid back work environment with emphasis on after hours fun and games.

Cons

The company was pitched to me by a recruiter as having a start up feel. In actuality it had a start up feel only in that it was fairly disorganized and money always seemed to be tight.

"Ashley Madison of Manufacturing"

Former Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Mfg.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This was a waste of time and energy for me so pro were none. All of the new leads are only give to the old pros so they sell fresh fish. You will be calling on old beaten leads

Cons

Too many to list when you sell to a domestic shop there is little to no value. I left because it was all smoke and mirrors and I felt like I was stealing form good people

Advice to Management

Stop lying to customers tell them on the contract in writing historical award rates and how much the will earn

"Feels like a different company....in a good way!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Mfg.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Open door management policy, groups work together seamlessly (not is silos), everybody is paid MORE commission and there is a great emphasis put on culture and teamwork. I've worked at a lot of places and this is by far the best experience I have ever had.

Cons

No cons - this place is great.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing - you hit the nail on the head and the morale, customer satisfaction and profitability all show it. Nice job!

10. "Poor management killed a great idea"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Mfg.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun, young workplace, great business idea

Cons

The founder's inability to let go of the company and capitalize on a revolutionary idea

Advice to Management

You got rid of the founder but you are behind the eight ball and it may be too late.

"Very Happy"

I have been working at Mfg.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No Competition This is the best product out there Hands Down. This is a great product I see American and Canadian Companies that greatly benefit from it every day.

Cons

We did not win the Lottery in the office pool.

Advice to Management

Stay Focused