Mfg.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Mfg.com Reviews

Updated February 7, 2017

Full-time Part-time

1. "Great Company, Great Product, Great Leadership"

Current Employee - Supplier Support in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Supplier Support in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Mfg.com (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great product, Great Leadership, Fun work environment, Good Pay, Plenty of PTO, Growing company, opportunity for growth and promotion.

I have been with MFG for 3 years and have held multiple positions within the company. Our leadership has taken this company in the right direction and provided a fun, motivating and profitable work environment.

Cons

I can't say there are any real cons. Nothing would not find at any other normal office environment. It's a new ERA for MFG, New Leadership, New Successes!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! We have seen what great changes have been made to the company and our road map to success is clear. The leadership of this company is of its greatest traits and I look forward to all the new challenges we are presented for success.

2. "Mid level software engineer"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Mfg.com (More than a year)

Pros

Very laid back work environment with emphasis on after hours fun and games.

Cons

The company was pitched to me by a recruiter as having a start up feel. In actuality it had a start up feel only in that it was fairly disorganized and money always seemed to be tight.

"Ashley Madison of Manufacturing"

Former Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Mfg.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This was a waste of time and energy for me so pro were none. All of the new leads are only give to the old pros so they sell fresh fish. You will be calling on old beaten leads

Cons

Too many to list when you sell to a domestic shop there is little to no value. I left because it was all smoke and mirrors and I felt like I was stealing form good people

Advice to Management

Stop lying to customers tell them on the contract in writing historical award rates and how much the will earn

"Feels like a different company....in a good way!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Mfg.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Open door management policy, groups work together seamlessly (not is silos), everybody is paid MORE commission and there is a great emphasis put on culture and teamwork. I've worked at a lot of places and this is by far the best experience I have ever had.

Cons

No cons - this place is great.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing - you hit the nail on the head and the morale, customer satisfaction and profitability all show it. Nice job!

6. "Poor management killed a great idea"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Mfg.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun, young workplace, great business idea

Cons

The founder's inability to let go of the company and capitalize on a revolutionary idea

Advice to Management

You got rid of the founder but you are behind the eight ball and it may be too late.

"Very Happy"

Current Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Mfg.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No Competition This is the best product out there Hands Down. This is a great product I see American and Canadian Companies that greatly benefit from it every day.

Cons

We did not win the Lottery in the office pool.

Advice to Management

Stay Focused

8. "Only the strong survive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Mfg.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When things are going well, great money & great fun. Strong sales team makes for a very positive environment

Cons

Upper managements lack of focus led to the unraveling of the business model. Not enough focus was put on client success once they were on boarded.

Advice to Management

Focus on more then just sales. You are a sales organization, but you are also a service organization. Your success is ultimately linked to your clients success. If they don't stay neither will you.

9. "Poorly managed chop-shop"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Mfg.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely nothing. This was hands down the worst experience at a company I have ever had.

Cons

Everything. If you are thinking about going into sales here STAY AWAY. In the time I was there 12 people were either fired or left in an 8 week period (in a 50 person office this is outrageous). The attrition rate speaks for itself and management has no idea what they're doing. CEO is a former machinist and it business approach. He drives a Mazerati even though the company isn't profitable. Also, they will promise you great pay but when you get there you find out NO ONE will hit quota because the product is impossible to sell.

I would be surprised if this company is still around in 2 years.

Advice to Management

Get a management team that is more qualified than just certificates from online universities.

Get a database that hasn't been raped and pillaged for 12 years prior.

10. "Pleasant"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Culture is amazing. people are great. cool concept.

Cons

no direction. poorly managed. sales pay is low compared to other SAAS models.

Advice to Management

you aren't going to attract good sales people or keep them for that matter if the pay is low. make good decisions and stick with them. stop changing the direction of the ship every few months.

11. "Overall a fast paced, energentic workplace."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

My management was the best in the world. Energy was always high, and the goal was always clearly defined. The workspace was very agile in nature, and communication was always encouraged in the IT department. We were teamed directly with Sales and that created a level of cooperation within the company that I have not seen since.

Cons

That management is no longer there. Efforts that IT was moving towards seemed to be continually blocked by other parts of the business. Other areas of senior management would reward various departments even when they were missing their goals. IT was looked at as a means to an end, rather than a strategic partner within the overall organization.