Michael C. Fina Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Good Experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Michael C. Fina full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice welcoming team. They are good people to work with. Very helpful during the initial days and even after. Learnt a lot on the job. Not too stressful.

Cons

Even though it's a recognition company, there is a lack of proper recognition and motivation for the employees. It need not be always monetary - but an occasional "Good Job" can make a huge difference to the team morale. That will definitely solve the high attrition rate in some departments.
    Less visibility on career prospects. It's difficult to rise in rank (at least feels so) even though you work very hard.

Advice to Management

Definitely there is a lot of room for improvement from technological stand point. We can upgrade our software to compete with the industry. There could be more team outings - even on a department level. And please practice recognition on the ground level. A little encouragement is needed by each and every employee to give their best. And this needs to be instilled on the direct managers.

2. "CSP Account Manager"

I have been working at Michael C. Fina full-time

Pros

A handful of the people were nice. If you worked hard most employees would try their best to work with you.

Cons

The pay was so LOW and everyday you had to solve a new problem! This place was a true nightmare to work for. The facilities were so DIRTY. It also felt like you were stuck in the 80's with all the old computer systems and programs. Everything was done manually and of course it took some much time just to get 1 task done. On top of that, everyone their HATED their job.

Advice to Management

Managers chatted all the time and went on long lunches, worked from home half of the week. Rarely was able to answer questions or even knew how to manager people. On top of that, most of them didn't have a college degree. They were totally lazy. I can account my fingers the good managers.

3. "Good for entry level"

I have been working at Michael C. Fina full-time

Pros

Nice people, relaxed environment, rooftop

Cons

Uneven distribution of work, lack of support from select departments, some people are drowning in work while others manage to skate by doing absolutely nothing and still get paid.

Advice to Management

Learn to manage and hire the right people while paying close attention to who works and who doesn't.

"Lol lol lol"

Former Employee - RCC in Long Island City, NY
    Former Employee - RCC in Long Island City, NY

I worked at Michael C. Fina full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly and helpful coworkers. Great company perks for employees.

Cons

Bad training!!!!! MCF should hire outside trainers not in house. Using unprofessional tactics to train is dum! Training should be monitored by upper management.

Advice to Management

Evaluate and monitor your managers and supervisors of how they are interacting with new employees.

"Pros and a few cons"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Michael C. Fina (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company to work for and learn about various business aspects since most departments are cross-functional. The Ops team is amazing, they always help us with whatever we need and they also host fun BBQ parties in the rooftop. It's refreshing to see new product concepts come to life. Other departments should learn a thing or two about teamwork.

Cons

Some people just need to go. Just because they've been there for a long time, it does not mean that they are good at what they do. Many have been moved from department to department instead of letting them go. The company should have a more flexible exit strategy to get rid of the dead weight. These employees come in to get a paycheck and not do a bit more. In my short time here I've seen many good and smart employees leave because of those bad employees.

Advice to Management

Hire smarter talent, get rid of dead weight and learn to give our clients realistic expectations. Know that you have loopholes in programming and marketing. It's the only way to retain clients.

6. "Business Development"

I have been working at Michael C. Fina full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company recognizes hard work, provides a strong support network, and embraces new ideas. I have enjoyed the flexibility and entrepreneurial spirit that my position provides. And I appreciate the focus placed on innovation and customer excellence.

Cons

Since this company is somewhat smaller than my last, there may not be as many opportunities to attain a leadership position, but I am content in my current role.

Advice to Management

Continue strong focus on customer excellence!

7. "Project Data Management Intern"

Pros

The people
    Management is fantastic
    It is an employee benefits and recognition company, and employees are recognized from top to bottom.

Cons

Work can be boring, but hey, it's called work for a reason.

Advice to Management

Keep up the roof parties.

"Unprofessional atmosphere"

I have been working at Michael C. Fina full-time

Pros

I can't think of any pros for this place at all.

Cons

The clique of Operations managers/directors/supervisors do nothing all day but socialize. The Press manager can be found in certain departments chatting 24/7

"Worst of the Worst"

Pros

NONE AT ALL - The highest turnover rate in history especially in the RCC call center. nepotism and favoritism is the game here... to the utmost highest

and the RCC manager is a joke... the whole company is a joke and can go under easily.

Cons

just read the other bad reviews the are all true, this company's days are numbered. Way too much responsibility put on you with little to no training - TRAINING IS A COMPLETE JOKE!!!!!!! Career opportunities are unheard of here ... honestly you'll be working the same position for 5 years +

Advice to Management

get a real management team ashley fina or your company will continue to be degraded
    there are people that have been working there for 7 YEARS AND ONLY MAKING 15.25$ an hour... I hope this company goes under because you don't care for your employees, how ironic it's an recognition center smh

"Unvalued"

Former Employee - Worker in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Worker in New York, NY

I worked at Michael C. Fina (More than a year)

Pros

Retail store was a beautiful place to work. Co workers wonderful convenient location. Employee discount very handy Made getting things you could never afford possible

Cons

No chance for advancement for a woman. Long hours to be able to complete Tasks were given.Old boys club you're either in or out .