Michigan State University Federal Credit Union Loan Officer Reviews | Glassdoor

Michigan State University Federal Credit Union Loan Officer Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2019

Found 6 reviews

4.2
Michigan State University Federal Credit Union CEO April Clobes  (no image)
April Clobes
  1. "Good Work Environment"

Former Employee - Loan Officer

I worked at Michigan State University Federal Credit Union full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly Coworkers, Good Work Environment, Feel like you are helping people, Great Benefits

Cons

Pay is alright but not the best

Michigan State University Federal Credit Union2019-07-20
  2. "Loan Officer"

Current Employee - Loan Officer

I have been working at Michigan State University Federal Credit Union full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There are too many pros to list them all. Overall, I feel valued every day and love coming to work here! We have amazing benefits that have helped me feel stable and comfortable when life has it's unexpected turns. They are great at communicating from the top down. I want to stay at this place as long as I can!

Cons

Saturdays are required but that is common in this industry. Besides that, I cannot think of anything!

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome! Thank you for all you do!

Michigan State University Federal Credit Union2018-11-07
  3. "Loan officer"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in East Lansing, MI

I have been working at Michigan State University Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

Great benefits Good culture Executive Management seem to care about most employees Rapidly growing Community Involvement

Cons

Micro-management Hire from outside, listen to new ideas, the green way isn’t the only way to do business. Yes people are groomed for higher positions versus those that are more qualified or have higher potential.

Advice to Management

focus on the mission. Too often, mid level management think micro-management is the way to manage people. If you focus on the mission of the organization, try to support your staff and develop them instead of the only feedback being what you do wrong and that I need to pay even more attention to you. People don’t quit the company, they quit their managers.

Michigan State University Federal Credit Union2018-10-08

"A Decent Start"

Current Employee - Loan Officer II in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Michigan State University Federal Credit Union full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits are great. Coworkers are friendly. Great work life balance (except mortgages). The culture is accepting regardless of your creed and background.

Cons

Great benefits are used to justify low wages. The company is too focused on hiring newer employees rather than take care of existing employees. The company recently increased the entry-level wage, but the other pay bands were unchanged. It seems many managers are unfamiliar with the work their subordinates do.

Advice to Management

The influx of newer employees making more and more money while you make less and less is causing many experienced employees to leave. Why not take care of who has been coming to work every day for the past four years instead of the new hire that will hang out for three months and leave the credit union?

Michigan State University Federal Credit Union2018-06-17
  5. "A Wonderful Place to Work"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Mason, MI

I have been working at Michigan State University Federal Credit Union full-time for more than a year

Pros

You'll be surrounded by truly caring people who strive to do their very best for members and fellow employees. The extremely generous benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision/401K) are hard to match anywhere else. The upward mobility is strong. Concerns and suggestions are taken seriously and given proper attention. The organization actually cares about you!

Cons

Salary is not great, mostly as a bi-product of having such wonderful benefits. Management has chosen to take care of our needs, rather than our wants. I think that's a fair approach. I also think some of the member-facing departments are a bit understaffed.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Keep hiring great people!

Michigan State University Federal Credit Union2018-04-03

"**GREAT PLACE TO WORK**"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in East Lansing, MI

Pros

There are a lot of great things about MSU Federal Credit Union. The environment that we work in though is one of the best, i am surrounded by amazing people who all have the same goals, which is to help the member with anything and everything they need, that we can of course. You are constantly learning new things and management is very involved with your career path and helping you find what is the best area for... you to be in. They are extremely involved with the community and work with a lot of different charities. The benefits are pretty awesome well, and its very nice to really not have to worry about that. Overall its a wonderful company and i would recommend it to anyone that is very passionate, hard working, patient and truly wants to help others.

Cons

I would say that the pay bands there are pretty low, this is the only thing that makes it a little bit harder for me personally. But a great place to build yourself and get amazing opportunities within the company or outside of it.

Michigan State University Federal Credit Union2017-08-13