KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 125 of over 142 reviews

4.5
Michigan State University Federal Credit Union President and CEO April Clobes
April Clobes
Pros
  • "Great company, great benefits and great people(in 21 reviews)

• "Everyone says it, but it's actually true - MSUFCU is an amazing company to work for(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Absolutely no work-life balance; lack of diversity(in 4 reviews)

• "powerless, and very concerned about my future as a POC at MSUFCU(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years
      Featured Review

Best Place To Work

Feb 10, 2021 - Loan Officer II in East Lansing, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, 401K, time off, flexible scheduling, recognition, clear advancement plan, room for advancement, training

Cons

Frequent updates to time off reporting, some members of management are not as understanding as others

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to work

Jul 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

MSUFCU is a great place to work. I would recommend it to anyone.

Cons

It can be hard to maximize growth.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great community vibe with some areas to improve

Mar 3, 2021 - User Experience Designer II in East Lansing, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Insurance and benefits are top notch. Overall great push for continual learning, training/shadowing within other departments. Possibilities to move and grow in your career within the CU regardless of how you hired in initially. The work is challenging and still attainable. They're really amping up employee support with employee resource groups, book clubs, etc., which have continued to meet virtually throughout the pandemic. CEO and my current manager have been pretty transparent about CU status, happenings, etc., throughout the pandemic and I have very much appreciated that. I know that the CU

Cons

I don't have too many cons. Communication can be an issue, but that's pretty standard with an organization of this size. Organization is currently unwilling to allow employees to work remotely full-time, post-COVID. The lack of diversity in executive leadership, board of directors, and many non-member facing departments is disappointing considering we are in a university town and near the capital of Michigan.

Continue reading
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Awesome workplace!

May 24, 2021 - Financial Service Representative in Clarkston, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

MSUFCU has a fabulous workplace culture. Fair treatment of all employees. Excellent benefits.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that they don’t have more locations.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Can/Do Recommend to Family/Friends

Mar 27, 2021 - Trainer in East Lansing, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was a member long before I became an employee and always loved working with MSUFCU. I recommend family and friends to work here and have referred two people who also work here now. I’ve had a few jobs with larger employers in Lansing/East Lansing, and MSUFCU has been by far the best in terms of culture, training, benefits, the vibe of people. Some other reviews complain about pay, but we have a minimum wage of $16/hour for full time employees and $13/hour for interns. The CU has been doing DEI training for years, has a women-dominant leadership, has Employee Resource Groups, and a DEI director and council. People in the negative reviews take a lot of what we have for granted. Also, compared to everyone I know, MSUFCU had the best communication around the pandemic. Didn’t do layoffs and actually continued to hire during that time, where as many places had to layoff/furlough people. MSUFCU offers employees extensive training programs, tuition assistance, internal movement if you prep for the role, and more. They are going to be offering hybrid remote work depending on positions. I have many good friends and confidantes that work at the CU, and it feels like a community in a lot of respects. Like any org, some leaders and teams are better than others and we do have times when things are busier or more stressful, but I feel it is a really solid employer and company. Also, credit unions are cool because they have a history of supporting lower income individuals and being community development driven, which is true of MSUFCU, whereas banks don’t have that history. Credit unions are non-profit with no shareholders, which I love. We don’t try to force products and services on people, but we do help the community and try to support financial learning.

Cons

I wish our executive team was more diverse, but our board of directors is pretty diverse and is chaired by a Black woman which I think is cool. I wish the org itself had some more people of color, especially some teams. The pandemic made things a little stressful and higher volume of work, but I think that is true everywhere. The org is also growing quickly, which is great, but comes with some challenges at times. Nothing abnormal for organizational growth.

Continue reading
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing

May 11, 2021 - Human Resources Specialist in East Lansing, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

They care about their employees and the growth of their employee's careers.

Cons

It took them a while for them to trust me and the work I was doing.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Msufcu

May 4, 2021 - Lending in East Lansing, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fair treatment and opportunity for advancement

Cons

I do not have any cons.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing culture

Mar 4, 2021 - Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is what an internship should be. MSUFCU so badly wanted to help me grow and achieve my goals so they did all they could to achieve just that.

Cons

Not really a con, but if you have a good bit of experience you might be a tad overqualified.

9. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great Company

Mar 9, 2021 - Loan Officer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers. Fun work environment

Cons

Cant think of anything. I enjoyed working there

10. 5.0
      Former Employee

Flexible

Feb 9, 2021 - Financial Services Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very flexible with schedule and training

Cons

Member service employees work Saturdays.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 125 Reviews