Michigan State University Federal Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

Michigan State University Federal Credit Union Reviews

Updated Oct 8, 2019

Found 97 reviews

4.3
Michigan State University Federal Credit Union CEO April Clobes  (no image)
April Clobes
  1. Featured Review

"The Best Place To Work"

Current Employee - Call Center Loan Officer II in East Lansing, MI

I have been working at Michigan State University Federal Credit Union full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The culture here is amazing. The environment is so positive and supportive. The people here genuinely care about the work we do and care about each other and the success of the organization as a whole. The community outreach is incredible. As an employee I am able to volunteer inside or outside of work hours and can sometimes be paid for it. It allows me the opportunity to volunteer with the Credit Union in a number... of different capacities to support community initiatives and organizations that I am passionate about. The benefits package is unrivaled. We do not pay for our health, dental, or vision insurance and there is no deductible. The 401K match is 2 to 1. But overall I love coming to work everyday because I feel valued, respected, and ultimately I feel like I make a difference in the lives of our members and in the community through my work at MSUFCU

Cons

I don't have really any cons to working here. If I had to pick something I would say a con is that I have to work every 3rd Saturday which can be inconvenient but I still love coming to work even on a Saturday.

Michigan State University Federal Credit Union2019-09-19
  2. "Amazing"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in East Lansing, MI

Pros

Benefits, time off, coworkers, executive level

Cons

There is nothing that I can think of

Michigan State University Federal Credit Union2019-10-08
  3. "Great experience and opportunity"

Current Employee - Branch Lead

I have been working at Michigan State University Federal Credit Union full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fair salary, many opportunities, great training, positive culture

Cons

The CU is growing much larger and the small town feel goes away slightly with that

Michigan State University Federal Credit Union2019-09-20
  4. "Good Work Environment"

Former Employee - Loan Officer

I worked at Michigan State University Federal Credit Union full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly Coworkers, Good Work Environment, Feel like you are helping people, Great Benefits

Cons

Pay is alright but not the best

Michigan State University Federal Credit Union2019-07-20
  5. "Amazing Company"

I have been working at Michigan State University Federal Credit Union full-time for less than a year

Pros

Inclusive, positive culture where it seems as though everyone exists to help you succeed.

Cons

Occasional Saturday work, but you get a day off the week you have to work a Saturday

Michigan State University Federal Credit Union2019-06-17
  6. "Amazing"

I have been working at Michigan State University Federal Credit Union full-time for more than a year

Pros

People want to learn and grow and work together. There are no lead anchors that hate being here. Very positive environment. Easy to talk to management including C levels. Great benefits and fair compensation. Very protective and supportive of employees.

Cons

Not the place for folks who don't thrive on smiling and being kind and gentle. No work from home for IT dept.

Advice to Management

Keep up on the culture and continue the momentum toward improved processes.

Michigan State University Federal Credit Union2019-06-01

"Positive Culture, Wonderful Place to Work"

Current Employee - Trainer

Pros

I've worked for a variety of other companies in the Lansing area, and MSUFCU has by far been the best. No work place is going to be perfect, but the average day here is great, and I have many days where I leave work feeling excited and inspired. The culture that they promote is not just kool-aid, people truly live it and promote it genuinely. Some will try to say otherwise, but their are nay-sayers everywhere in... every organization. The overwhelming majority of people and leaders here are caring and forward thinking. Employees truly care about the members they serve, and superior service is the focus. This type of environment is exactly what I have wanted in a workplace. Not only that, but the benefits and nuances to the organization are great. Leaders have taken what I say into account with decision making, and I feel they truly value opinions at all levels.

Cons

For some, the salary does not seem as competitive. In my line of work and the work I've seen of most positions, the salaries have been comparable to other organizations, especially organizations in the area. Not everyone likes the fun culture and the additional activities that the credit union offers ("time wasters") but I think the best, most advanced workplaces know the value of having fun at work. It inspires... creativity and collaboration. Lastly, I think some may say there are not as many career advancement opportunities, and while there are of course only so many management positions available at any given time, the organization does a lot to invest in the personal/professional development of the employees. Tons of training/shadowing opportunities, committees to take leadership in, budgets available for professional development, leadership development programs, and stipend opportunities.

Advice to Management

Keep taking employee feedback into account, and keep focusing on living our core values.

Michigan State University Federal Credit Union2019-02-25

"Best career choice"

Current Employee - Financial Educator

Pros

This organization is so caring about each employee as an individual. Not only do my managers care about our goals but they help make sure you are on the correct path to achieve them. This is the first place that I have worked where I can honestly say I love coming to work! The environment is so positive.

Cons

I do not have any cons, I have worked for several organizations in my professional career and this is the best!

Advice to Management

All of my managers have been amazing. My advice would be to continue doing everything you do.

Michigan State University Federal Credit Union2019-01-18
  9. "MSUFCU is an awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador

Pros

MSU Federal Credit Union embraces the culture and core values of the company. Love how they are always giving back to the communities.

Cons

Wish they were more opportunities with the community I work in.

Michigan State University Federal Credit Union2018-12-30
  10. "MSUFCU is a great place to work!"

Pros

The culture at MSUFCU is awesome- you really feel you’re part of a family. There’s good work/life balance. Promotions and merit increases are based on work and if you do a good job you definitely get recognized. Pay is competitive and benefits are amazing.

Cons

Communication is difficult at such a big organization, but management is constantly looking to improve that and do better.

Michigan State University Federal Credit Union2018-12-12