Micro Focus Inside Sales Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Stephen Murdoch
  1. "Overall ok company"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Troy, MI

I have been working at Micro Focus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great coworkers, great working atmosphere, good perks

Cons

No opportunities for development, lucky drawer, you have to get lucky on the sales, some cold calling required, many lay off

Advice to Management

Invest in your people, help them move to different areas, help them grow.

Micro Focus2017-02-17

"Toxic Sales Environment"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Plano, TX

I have been working at Micro Focus full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Some management are fun and engaging. - Sales training is getting better. - Product training is great! - Sales outings and/or events are getting better.

Cons

- Compensation system is non-existent, and most of the time HR doesn't know how to pay you since there is no system or platform used to measure comp. Reps must take out draws to feed their families. This has been an issue the past 3 years I've been here, and no resolution has been put in place yet. - Other sales teams tend to steal your deals during the end of quarters. - Leadership has no real way of solving... problems, consistently band-aiding issues as they continue to go on knowingly. - Management styles are questionable; ranging from downing other sales reps. in front of everyone for not hitting metrics, to pure racist and sexiest comments and activities. - Management chooses favorites for business partners to fed business to while everyone else starves. - Marketing team doesn't know how to spend the marketing budget so sales reps are required to market themselves to customers through weekly marketing activities. - Laptops used to do day-to-day tasks are slow and often times unresponsive due to lack of hardware resources. - Some managers are pure micro-managers that look at you under a microscope. - Current office environment has rats, bugs, and sewage issues which took 3 years for management to make any sort of announcement regarding the working conditions. - The merger caused countless issues related to systems. We have 2 different systems internally which makes it difficult to book orders and progress deals down the sales stages. - No guidance from management on sales training. If you're new you either know how to sell or you don't.

Micro Focus2019-06-04

Micro Focus Response

June 18, 2019HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We’re glad you’re pleased about the product training and you’re seeing improvement in sales training and other areas. We’ve taken note of your feedback and we’re working with the teams to help resolve these issues further. Some have already been addressed including sales compensation updates (started in the spring and continuing throughout the summer) and refreshing our laptop estate as we know this is critical in our jobs. We’re very concerned about your comment on management style: Micro Focus has a Code of Conduct all employees must adhere to. It strictly prohibits these types of behaviours, and appropriate actions are taken when incidents are reported to HR. We’re also going through a period of integration, including systems integration, which can be unsettling and frustrating. We have many programmes in place to tackle this and there is progress being made, but we also take note that we need to do more on our side to share with colleagues what is being done.

"Not so bad"

Inside Sales Representative in Troy, MI

I have been working at Micro Focus for more than 3 years

Pros

Good overall companies, good insurance.

Cons

Position i boring and repetitive. there is not development for people, not growing opportunities, no salary raises. Same stuff everyday.

Advice to Management

Should try to develop your employees so they stay longer.

Micro Focus2017-01-16

"Inside Sales Representative"

Inside Sales Representative in Royal Oak, MI

I have been working at Micro Focus for less than a year

Pros

Good benefits. Good work/life balance. Casual work environment.

Cons

Overpriced products. Marketing lacks. Dysfunctional management. Organic growth on the decline.

Advice to Management

Figure out a way to stop alienating your employees.

Micro Focus2015-04-30
  5. "Inside Sales"

I worked at Micro Focus full-time

Pros

Good Culture, Salary and Benefits

Cons

Lack of loyalty to employees

Micro Focus2016-11-11
  6. "Sales"

I worked at Micro Focus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great products, good place to work

Cons

not much communication between the teams

Advice to Management

encourage the talent to grow and grow yourself by coaching others

Micro Focus2015-11-09
  7. "Interesting Portfolio"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I worked at Micro Focus full-time for more than a year

Pros

The merger with Attachmate Group from the US increased the already interesting (and vast) portfolio of products ranging from mainframe/COBOL products to agile development ones. SUSE is by far the most respected brand and a great one to work for too. From a sales perspective there is a good potential to do massive deals if you end up with right accounts and team/division. Marketing at Micro Focus and related brands... is also very exciting and full of great people who really do a good job. Support and Engineers are very helpful and smart persons. The company is strong financially if you choose to buy shares.

Cons

although all Micro Focus products and brands mostly share a core idea of (slowly) ageing technology that still require huge investment from clients the portfolio is very diverse. It is hard for marketing and sales to always be coordinated or avoid confusion.

Micro Focus2015-10-28

"INSIDE SALES"

Inside Sales Representative in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Micro Focus

Pros

Good atmosphere, if you are independent there are some opportunities to make money

Cons

no career opportunities available, if you want to progress within the company the opportunities are minimum

Micro Focus2015-05-27

"Sketchy. Time at the academy is filled with incompetent teachers and overbearing bosses."

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I worked at Micro Focus full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent pay, good benefits, make great friends during the academy.

Cons

Because they pay for your housing during academy, they like to say they have you 24/7, which if true would drop your hourly rate pretty low seeing as you are on salary. If anyone was greek in college, they kind of treat you similar to pledges, which although was fun in college, is not suitable in the workplace. Im talking about spreading rumours and fear amongst the academy (read pledges) so that you eventually are... convinced thy have cameras in your room. Not to mention, they bring you in with promises of being able to pick one of many exotic locations to work, then once you sign let you know you will actually be in Detroit for your first 5 years. They also do not implement the pay scheme you signed to for over 6 months of working there.

Advice to Management

Listen to the students, stay out of personal lives of academy members, don't make it so obvious you have junior members spying on new employees after hours.

Micro Focus2015-02-04

"Missing Innovation, Too much short term thinking managers"

Inside Sales Representative in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I worked at Micro Focus for more than a year

Pros

Professional environment, offeringl good solutions, if managed and planned long term with vision. COBOL still can be worked out offering customer benefits and not just a cash out mentality Same applies to Borland, more customer orientation and innovation required. Also more professional services, because they make the difference.

Cons

Making key staff redundant such as pre sales engineers are a no go. Too much Hedge Fund mentality. Customer notice the cash out mentality.

Advice to Management

More respect for employees and customers, do not just value hedge funds and investors. The game is changing. Investors vs. Employees interests. Micro Focus can manage with more modern management attitude.

Micro Focus2016-01-27