Micro Focus Technical Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Stephen Murdoch
  1. "Technical Consultant"

Technical Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Micro Focus

Pros

Flexible, pay is excellent and my manager is great.

Cons

Not enough work and hours. Just part-time

Advice to Management

I would ask for more work but have no advice for my manager

Micro Focus2015-07-10
  2. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Technical Solutions Consultant in Bangalore

I worked at Micro Focus full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexible . as a working mother - can get proper work life balance.

Cons

Not much issues faced as the company had taken over HPE when I was in part of HPE.

Micro Focus2019-09-07

Micro Focus Response

September 18, 2019HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It’s important for us to ensure individuals feel they can balance their personal and professional lives, and we’re glad to hear that you enjoyed the work flexibility while at Micro Focus. We wish you all the best in your current endeavours.

"Not employee friendly"

Current Employee - Technical Solutions Consultant in Bangalore

I have been working at Micro Focus full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Depends on the team since most of microfocus is now ex-HP employees

Cons

Works like a Private equity firm looking purely for profit..

Advice to Management

Keep senior resources who bring value

Micro Focus2019-04-23
  4. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Technical Solutions Consultant in San Francisco, Heredia

I worked at Micro Focus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly environment and quarterly team building activities

Cons

Managers do not raye Engineer properly, and no oportunities to grow

Micro Focus2019-04-07

"Project Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Consultant in Queenstown Estate, Central

I have been working at Micro Focus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Products as HPE merged with it.

Cons

Since it has merged with HPE and currently no projects, last 2 years it has been unstable, hope to see good future but job security is a concern right now.

Advice to Management

Retain your loyal employees and better to cross train them rather than let them leave.

Micro Focus2019-02-26
  6. "Company trying to be like Pheonix bird"

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Chennai

I have been working at Micro Focus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company trying to get out of hard times. Decent bonus Good work life balance.

Cons

Till the company comes out of hard times, we have to be patience and many HPE software employees will not have patience because they have seen 3 transition from 2015 and it is hard to wait further.

Micro Focus2019-02-04

"All that is bad in coporations"

Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Geneva

I worked at Micro Focus full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Work largely from home on intresting techincal problems, good contact with colleagues via skype etc. You are pretty much free from responsibility since the company does not actually care about their performance , they just need to foresee the next stock price change.

Cons

Company has a single goal ; stockmarket wheeling and dealing. Employee is simply a pawn (or an excel cell). OK as long as you working away on a project, but you are constantly flabberghasted by stupid irrationnel management decisions...until sme weird "information based stock deal" surfaces somewhere and you say , ah that is why they destroyed that team.

Advice to Management

Watch out for the SEC police !!

Micro Focus2019-01-31

"Terrible beyond belief"

Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Bracknell, England

I worked at Micro Focus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Easy job, minimal thinking required

Cons

Zero career progression, constant layoffs, good people leaving, deadwood staying, awful middle management, aggressive auditing old and mostly defunct software, acquired horrible HPE Software that no one wants to buy, late to SaaS, terrible sales team, team VS us culture, no bonuses, executives that have no idea about the IT world, horrible offices, nasty managers and awful at retaining talent

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff, and give them some incentive to actually be proud of Micro Focus and want to work there. As it is, it's a black mark on your CV.

Micro Focus2018-11-09

"8 years career episode"

Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Cambridge, England

I worked at Micro Focus full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have just completed 8 years in Autonomy/Hewlett Packard/Hewlett Packard Enterprise/Micro Focus straight from university. Overall I found the job episode rewarding and experienced the benefits and support of working for a large organization, ie. free lunch, sick pay, the ability to purchase more holiday up to 35 days annually, there were rarely any quibbles about business expenses. I worked with large clients... and the exposure to them greatly expanded my horizons and awareness of various different systems. At various points the team that I worked with were solid and the feeling of teamwork helped me learn lots of things that university did not furnish me with.

Cons

There were also some bad managers and decisions, those who would not try to understand the challenges, agree unreasonable timetables with customers, and not staff projects sufficiently. In a nominal team the work was not shared evenly. The social-life-destroying work of long term on site engagements with clients were initially agreed to be rotated monthly among members of the team, but ended up being only me... living a complete year away from home. My requests to expand my skills into core coding and development were routinely promised (after project X finishes; after Y is done), then denied with reasons of software licenses and a distrusting attitude. However, I noticed that different members of the team were granted access to code being involved with devlopers, which I had little oppurtunity to do so from client site. Despite annual Standards of Business Conduct training, concerns about client facing reporting metrics being knowningly inflated had to take an indepedent ethics and compliance board investigation for managers to rectified the reporting for the client. Responsibilties of certain tasks were formally allocated to another team, yet that team will not action on or take full responsibility of tasks and this is tacitly accepted by managemnet, as it's eaiser to just ask me to execute tasks. Redundancies in various teams fed the perception that there was more work than staffing allowed. I am writing this as I'm serving my notice, after realizing that staying within the same company for years on end severely depresses one's earning, as a similar consultancy role in a software company is offering a 25% raise.

Advice to Management

People who are good at something need to be given the opportunities to do something different, keeping them doing the same thing will demoralize staff. Seriously evaluate the resources that each project needs and communicate the realistic timelines.

Micro Focus2018-03-13

"Depends on what you're looking for..."

Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Sydney

I worked at Micro Focus full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some business units do well, some not so Good colleagues in Australia Prudent spending

Cons

Product that I was handling was not doing so well Not enough marketing

Advice to Management

Being prudent with spending is good, but you do need to spend some to invest in the business unit that you want to grow.

Micro Focus2018-03-20