Micro Focus "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

Micro Focus Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Oct 20, 2019

3.1
Micro Focus CEO Stephen Murdoch
Stephen Murdoch
Pros
Cons
  • "Since microfocus is product based On sight chance is less(in 16 reviews)

• "Pain of HPE software integration caused alot of turnover and uncertainty(in 15 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great people, a bit disorganized"

Current Employee - Product Owner in Provo, UT

I have been working at Micro Focus full-time for more than a year

Pros

The colleagues I have here are the best I've worked with. I came from a company with a bit of a toxic environment. Micro Focus has been a breath of fresh air. From my senior leadership down to individual contributors, everyone is very friendly, supportive and great to interact with. The work is challenging and there's plenty to do but the company is very accommodating and I have a fantastic work-life balance. More... than anything else, I feel like my peers and leaders genuinely care about me and my success.

Cons

With so many acquisitions, internally it's a bit chaotic. There are lots of different systems and processes. A lot gets lost in the shuffle, and unfortunately, sometimes it impacts our customers. HR department is not very helpful, and the intranet is almost impossible to use - I have struggled to complete even basic tasks like completing tax forms and checking my paystubs.

Advice to Management

It's a massive undertaking and I know we're working on it, but the internal processes and workflows really need to be streamlined. So many times the ball gets dropped because nobody knows who to reach out to for a given problem. Also, please spend some effort cleaning up the intranet!

Micro Focus2019-09-18

September 24, 2019HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and feedback. We’re pleased that you’re engaging in challenging work, enjoying the work environment and your team mates. We agree we do have some pretty incredible people and supportive teams around the world. It’s also great to hear you appreciate the work/life balance as our people are our most important asset. We’ve been through a lot of change recently and we know that the integration of processes and systems hasn’t always been smooth. We are continuously working on improvements to streamline processes to create a better experience for our employees and our customers. As an example, our HR Direct team is positioned to provide support for HR questions and will soon introduce a chat feature that will further improve HR support. Our intranet is also evolving. We encourage you to use the feedback button on the homepage, in the quick links section, to share your thoughts on how we can continue to improve.

2. "Good calm place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Automation Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Micro Focus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Work life balance.

Cons

Less exposure to latest technology stack. Seems slow for a bay area company.

Micro Focus2019-09-12

"Great Work/Life Balance, Very Low Pay"

Former Employee - IT Engineer in Washington, DC

I worked at Micro Focus full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent middle management in the IT directorship at the time. Great work/life balance and decent benefits. Fairly liberal work from home policy. Great people and an excellent atmosphere.

Cons

Very low pay and salary increases as compared to similar positions in the area. They tend to determine salaries based on the global market so the numbers tend to be on the lower end of the curve in the local market. There is some turnaround on the sales side so lay-offs are normal when the company doesn't meet its quarterly forecasts.

Advice to Management

Be more realistic about pay and determine salaries based on employees' local salary standards.

Micro Focus2019-06-24

July 3, 2019HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It’s good to hear that you enjoyed a good work/life balance at Micro Focus, excellent management and positive team spirit. We know that pay and benefits are an important component of employees’ total rewards and we’re glad you were pleased with our overall benefits. To ensure we’re competitive, we’ve recently updated our salary review methodology and we now use external benchmarks to check that our pay and benefits packages are in line with the market, region by region. If employees have questions about their salaries compared to the local market, they’re encouraged to discuss it with their managers.

4. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - MTS2

I worked at Micro Focus full-time

Pros

Good compensation with good benefits Work life balance is good

Cons

None as such for me at least

Advice to Management

None

Micro Focus2019-05-07

May 15, 2019HR

Thank you for your comments and taking the time to feedback. We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience at Micro Focus and that you were pleased with your work/life balance, as well as compensation and benefits.

"Positive Reviews are laughable"

Former Employee - Training Coordinator in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Micro Focus full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

It was a paycheck

Cons

I wasn't going to post a review but when I read how great it is to work there, I have to. The people in India and Mexico are probably really happy because they have replaced American workers. Those who say it's a great work life balance are really shocking. Where are they working? When I worked there, I worked very hard and in order to get everything done, I had to work during my time off. At raise time, it... will be the same story year after year - sales are down, we didn't meet our goals and managers didn't get much money to give away. So the money goes to the manager's pets no matter how hard you work. In the meantime, you see all these executives being hired and getting high bonuses. The upper management really went downhill when it switched to being based in England. Some of the worst managers I've seen. They make decisions that make no sense at all. All the emphasis is on the bottom line and employees are just a necessary evil in their eyes. Great growth if you want to move to India or Mexico. Americans are dwindling fast and will eventually be extinct in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Why bother, they won't read it or care. They have gotten feedback from employees and just ignore it.

Micro Focus2019-05-27

"Pieces don't fit together"

National Account Manager in Rockville, MD

I worked at Micro Focus for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits and work life balance is decent

Cons

Disfunctional product set and the UK runs the show.

Advice to Management

Americans aren't stupid.

Micro Focus2019-01-31

"Solid, safe company"

Former Employee - Senior Program Manager

I worked at Micro Focus full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Work from home/work life balance (flexibility)

Cons

Required to be in same locale as team Lacking employee loyalty

Micro Focus2019-01-25
  8. "Good Company"

I have been working at Micro Focus full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice people to work with Work-life balance No work pressure

Cons

Limited growth opportunity week team collaboration

Micro Focus2018-12-08

"Working at Microfocus"

I have been working at Micro Focus full-time

Pros

Great work life balance Unlimited Sick Leave Unlimited work from home

Cons

I am working as a testing professional from around 1.5 years and there is nothing i find to learn here.Even in automation you will find very much dependent on others. If you are a developer then you will fell like a maintenance guy who keep maintaining the code and resolving bugs . As a tester there is only product learning.Apart from that there is nothing to learn. There are more cons than pros here.If you are... starting your career never go for this company because still after doing 1.5 years of work you will feel like a fresher only.

Micro Focus2018-11-21

"Manager"

I have been working at Micro Focus full-time

Pros

Work life balance. Direct managers are well-intentioned.

Cons

Senior leaders have ceded control of the company to outside consultants.

Micro Focus2018-11-06