MicroNet Reviews | Glassdoor

MicroNet Reviews

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Scott Juranek

1. "Great software company in lake country"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nisswa, MN

I have been working at MicroNet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company culture is supportive, positive and values-driven
    Strong products that fit a need in the market (very loyal customers)
    Customer service and satisfaction is central to everything
    Strong leadership team with a good vision for the future
    The company is growing at a healthy pace so job opportunities often arise
    Beautiful area to work and live

Cons

Smaller tech company so you have to be able to handle change
    Not close to any major cities so you have to be ok with that

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate the vision and direction of the company to employees so we understand how Chambermaster and Memberzone fit together

2. "A company that truly knows customer service is top priority."

Current Employee - Software Sales Consultant in Nisswa, MN
    Current Employee - Software Sales Consultant in Nisswa, MN

I have been working at MicroNet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone listens to and works on supporting our clients. It is not a rare case at all when you see our CEO and VP's directly involved with our customers to solve technical issues. They are all hands on and involved in processes. It's also not rare to see people staying late or working more than expected to make sure problems are fixed well after the whistle blows.
         As an employee, I love the fact that I am not micro managed. I am given goals and projects that need to be completed like anywhere else. But I don't have a shadow looking over my shoulder to make sure I am doing every step along the way like my boss would do it. I'm given the freedom to create my own results.
         Also, ideas of myself and team members are tried, tested, and put into play when they are successful. There is no corporate fear of trying new things because there is a "possibility" of failure.
         I find the compensation meets market demand in some area depending on skill level. I have also seen the compensation exceed expectations if you willing to go the extra mile and show how you can create extra revenue for the company.
         The growth, as well as growth potential is excellent. Every time I turn around a new positions is being created to keep up with demand.

Cons

Because this is a technology company, things move fast. Very very fast. There is a constant need to change and progress to be able to offer the newest technology available for the market. So that means a lot of time is spent learning, testing, and keeping up with trends. Understanding other software programs and how they work without actually using them. Reading blogs, posts, and any data you can to keep an edge on the competition. There is no end to training and learning. It is constant.

Advice to Management

Keep training as one of the top priorities. Both for staff and clients. Group testing of the new software releases is also very helpful. I think it's extremely important that release testing continues to be a top priority as this can quickly turn a positive client into a negative one.

"Started strong, but seedy underbelly shows through"

Current Employee - Rather Not Say in Nisswa, MN
    Current Employee - Rather Not Say in Nisswa, MN

I have been working at MicroNet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The ChamberMaster software is great for the purpose it is delivering. Outdated in some ways, but overall ok. Many of the coworkers are fabulous people who should have their praises sung. The majority of the teams strive for excellence in a difficult working environment.

Cons

Upper management is often secretive, manipulative, micro-managing and focus solely on the negative. If they do not want you to progress, they will do many things to keep you from developing your skills or working towards benefitting the company in a more comprehensive way. Particularly, if they feel their own jobs could be threatened by your advancement. They will go at great lengths to eventually push you out. It has been my experience this behavior extends across all departments, for the same few people manage the entire team of 60 people. The corporate culture is seriously lacking in motivation and enthusiasm for the company because of this behavior.

Advice to Management

This advice is to the Board: Look closely at those at the top of the company to see where the true motivation and morale deterrents are. They won't be hard to spot, as there are so few to choose from. Unless better management is put in place and a good team of middle management established, I predict this company will fail as it grows beyond its capacity.

4. "ChamberMaster is a growing company built on service, high values and making technology simple for customers to use."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nisswa, MN

I have been working at MicroNet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

ChamberMaster has a competitive benefits program, flexible work scheduling as appropriate, great product, fun industry with great clients. It's fun to work for a company that gets excited about finding ways to bring new technology solutions to market in a way that makes it easy to use and affordable for customers.

Cons

It's high growth, so there's a lot of change and it can happen fast. Keeping up with the changes can be challenging. We have a mix of employees from developers who rarely get out of their desk to sales reps that it's hard to keep them at their desk with all their enthusiam - that mix makes it even more important to plan activites to build awareness between teams. Sometimes the communication doesn't move as fast as it should or reach everyone it needs to right away.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Priority #1 has always been how to serve the customer well and still be able to fund new development and the business. This is a major part of what sets us apart.

"The product at ChamberMaster is Unbelievable, the management of the Company very Poor."

Former Employee - Regional Director of Sales in Nisswa, MN
    Former Employee - Regional Director of Sales in Nisswa, MN

Pros

Great Software and a Great product all Around. Was a very easy sell for an experienced Sales Person. Great opportunity to meet chamber executives and be an expert in a very important industry.

Cons

Micro-management and Verbal Abuse are at the core of the companies beliefs. Sliding commission scales based upon your success. The better you do the more adjusting they will do to ensure that you never excede your own personal goals. Many empty promises with no hope of fulfillment.

Advice to Management

Advice to the Board get rid of current managemnet and install someone who understands how to run a compnay not just project management. Try to empower Sales Staff instead of making them the wicked step child of the company.

6. "Fantastic Company"

I have been working at MicroNet full-time

Pros

MicroNet treats all of its employees well. All management are professional and open. Fast growing company that releases new products frequently.

Cons

There is a lot to learn as a new employee. The training program in place is not thorough enough to allow a new employee to become an expert quickly. You have to be patient and play around with the software yourself to understand everything well.

Advice to Management

The only thing I could advise, is to extend the training documents. It's tough being a new employee to a company with such incredible software.

7. "Great Place To Work"

I have been working at MicroNet full-time

Pros

Flexible work schedule, understanding management, central location for people working Brainerd Lakes Area. 15 minutes from everywhere. Benefits like free use of health club next door, bikes to use in the summer. Updated technology.

Cons

Really no cons to speak of. Improvements are made when suggestions are given when possible.

8. "MicroNet truly cares about their customers, believes in their product and is an enjoyable place to work."

I have been working at MicroNet full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They believe in their product and constantly review features, processes and ideas from customers and staff.
    Customer Service is the focus point for all teams - not just the frontline staff.
    Customers refer peers all the time. I love working for someplace that customers really love the product and the team that serves them.
    Competitive employee benefits and monthly activities planned by staff for staff.
    Constantly growing and evolving, it's fun to be part of a company that has a strong market share and growing into vertical markets.
    Employees have a variety of skills that form to provide expertise in sales, customer service, development, web design, marketing, social media, project management, etc.. You have the opportunity to learn something new every day and broaden your area of expertise.
    Being a technology solutions provider, there is always a new feature or option that's added to the solution and it's fun hearing customers at release time get excited over something new we've added for them.
    It's a web-based solution with apps so you can work from home when needed.

Cons

Fast growth, entering new markets and adding new product offerings equates to having to keep on top of technology, new features, frequent changes in processes to add new ideas and scale implementation while meeting the high standards of service. All those pieces happening at once can be stressful and full of pressure to learn quickly and adapt. You may have been expert in an area "yesterday" but technology changes and you have to keep up and keep learning so you don't become an dinosaur.

Being a 60 employee company with interactive teams that depend on each other, you end up leaning on each other and if a co-worker or team is behind or having a rough day, it can affect everyone.

Going into new markets with products (ChamberMaster, then MemberZone then...) that are unique means the team doesn't always have a set plan in mind and sometimes it changes as we learn.

It's a web-based company with apps so you never are away from work. :-)
    We don't have enough air hockey tournaments because it's too noisy.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to customers (internal and external) - you can never listen too much.
    Remember that change for some is more stressful than others. Keep that in mind when hiring so they know upfront and keep encouraging and supporting them even when it's super busy.
    More pizza parties.