Micron Technology Reviews | Glassdoor

1,141 reviews

Full-timePart-time

1,141 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • good work life balance, good environment to work (in 66 reviews)

• Collaborative and really encouraging work environment (in 71 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance is not that good (in 67 reviews)

• usually long hours, but compensated well (in 42 reviews)

"High tech company wannabe"

Pros

Good benefits and good co-workers doing the best they can

Cons

Still a Idaho mentality. Most don't try to find a better way to work.

Advice to Management

Engineers and others will continue to leave without comparable benefits, holidays and perks.

2. "packaging engineer"

I have been working at Micron Technology full-time

Pros

dynamic environment, good for fresh graduate

Cons

has many changes in employees

"Semiconductor"

Former Employee - Equipment Support Technician in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Equipment Support Technician in Boise, ID

I worked at Micron Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Large company with great benefits. Always looking for talented people to drive innovation in DRAM memory. When it comes to the product, they are very good at what they do. When it comes to the people, not so good, but in some cases not too bad. Profit sharing when the market was in upswing was VERY good.

Cons

Semiconductor manufacturing is a roller coaster ride based on market factors. Severe downturns lead to draconian cost-cutting measures (including layoffs) while upturns reminded team members how much they could accomplish with fewer resources (like during a downturn). Managers seem to have "pet projects" which is where funding went.

Advice to Management

Focus on your people.

"over all company review"

I have been working at Micron Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

good place for challenge and multi tasking individual

Cons

limited reward and recognition

Advice to Management

not really sure

"Micron Review"

I have been working at Micron Technology full-time

Pros

Stock and a type of profit sharing is available. Health benefits are pretty good. Salary is acceptable.

Cons

Tremendous amount of directors and VP's in relation to the people that do the work. Not a lot of upward mobility.

"Company is hopeful with new CEO"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at Micron Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

New CEO who came from competing company. He promises to make changes for the good so this is hopeful.

Cons

They discontinued their Lexar division. There is concern that their Crucial division will be next but nobody knows for sure.

Advice to Management

Please make the company more competitive in benefits as compared to other companies in Silicon Valley. If you want the best engineers then you need to see what Google and Yahoo and FB are doing to get this great talent. At a miniumum, they need to provide a cafeteria in Milpitas. This is standard at the good companies in this valley. Great people don't want to come to a company that can't even provide a cafeteria to their employees.

"A toxic work environment."

Former Employee - Equipment Technician in Manassas, VA
    Former Employee - Equipment Technician in Manassas, VA

I worked at Micron Technology full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Challenging projects, pretty solid process, decent technology

Cons

Absolutely the worst culture. The work environment is atrocious. Employees are never given any consideration and are treated with little to no respect. THEY DO NOT GIVE RAISES. The only way to get a pay increase is to get promoted. Promotions are few and far between. There is no training provided. Most department decisions are based on gut instict and knee jerk reactions. Managers offer no support. While there are a few good managers there are not enough to make a difference. No opportunites for career growth. This a company that repremands people for being "too positive" and being "too good" at their job. You may be encouraged to perform below your capabilities to avoid hurting any of your coworkers feelings.

Advice to Management

Know what lower level management is doing. Treat your employees with more respect. Give raises.

8. "Technician Intern"

I worked at Micron Technology full-time

Pros

I was taking classes while working there, and they worked with me around my school schedule. Good Pay

Cons

Shift hours wouldn't be good for someone who isn't a night owl.

"All the good talent is leaving. High turnover"

I have been working at Micron Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Location in Manassas OK
    - Some of the employees are good to work with
    - Close to big city like D.C.
    - Good medical insurance

Cons

- Company has no interest in Micron Virginia site
    - Most hardworking and talented people have left in 2017
    - Very demotivating management who treats engineers like secretaries for making presentations and useless updates
    - Company has Blue Collar Mentality where you are treated like a laborer/worker who won't get any jobs outside Micron especially the workers on H1Bs.
    - Company projects itself as Fortune 500 company but in reality works like a textile sweatshop in Asia.
    - Since last year most of the talent has either left Micron or Moved to Asia sites within Micron
    - Only way to get more money is through promotions and even that is not up to the mark with competitors in Northern Virginia nor with Other semiconductor firms in USA
    - There is Almost NO annual salary raise to account for INFLATION and cost of living increase with economy. So basically they give you market adjustment or increment like once in 3 years. That is also like a demeaning low percentage.
    - If you interview with them and don't negotiate a good starting salary then you are basically working on the same salary for next 3-4 years.
    - If I could go back in time as a Graduate, I would not work for them ever.
    - Work-life balance is horrible, managers want you to stay beyond your work hours as it is necessary "to show you are committed to company." Only company I have seen in this age and time where salaried employees are monitored like high school kids
    - Micromanagement is so high that some employees need to take medicines for tension and anxiety due to work related stress (not exaggerating)
    - The one and only paid cafeteria onsite is so horrible that most employees go out to eat. Food is not even fit for human consumption.

Advice to Management

- My only hope is new CEO and I really hope he does something about our salaries at least a respectable market adjustment and a fair promotion system.
    - Micromanagement never made a company or site successful
    - We need respect and good work life balance

10. "Reliability"

I have been working at Micron Technology full-time

Pros

Excellent team to work with

Cons

Nothing I could think of right now

Showing 1,141 of 1,226 reviews