Found 1,281 of over 7K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Micron Technology
a month ago
Can anyone refer me to a Corp FP&A role at Micron Technology? Sr. Finance Manager with ~10 yrs of finance experience, an MBA, and an undergraduate engineering degree. I've worked in FP&A, strategic finance, accounting, and related roles over the last decade. Certainly appreciate the help!
5 months ago
Hi everyone, I have worked as FPGA prototyping Eng Intern at INTEL for 9 months.I am looking for full time role as in RTL/FPGA Design,synth/PD,if you know any lead please consider. For resume and further information please DM me. Synopsys Inc. Qualcomm Advanced Micro Devices Inc. Intel Corporation NXP Microchip technology Micron Technology IBM Broadcom Inc. Microsoft Samsung MediaTek Infineon Technologies Einfochips Ampere Computing LLC Google Western Digital Renesas Cadence Design System Arm
Got a burning question about Micron Technology? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Micron Technology employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good Benefits (OT pay) Hybrid (3 days WFO + 2 days WFH) Good TMs" (in 469 reviews)
- "Pay is good for Boise area since cost of living is generally lower than many other metro areas." (in 380 reviews)
- "Great people and the company spends to ensure things get done right the first time." (in 274 reviews)
- "Good salary and sometimes bonuses" (in 225 reviews)
- "Team culture is good and helpful." (in 191 reviews)
- "There is not much transferable skills and no work life balance" (in 488 reviews)
- "3) Management's planning is poor and sometimes unrealistic." (in 224 reviews)
- "Individual managers have too much control with no oversight to prevent abuse of employees" (in 106 reviews)
- "Working late hours and 24/7 standby" (in 106 reviews)
- "cyclical business and frequent layoffs" (in 94 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Micron Technology and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "benefit"Return to all Reviews
- 2.0May 11, 2023Market Research AnalystFormer EmployeeBoise, ID
Benefits were great and you had access to certain things (Starbucks on the property) that made the long days a little easier.
Working across 12 hour time difference sometimes with international locations, often working long hours because of this. Also, it is very much a "boys club" there and if you identify as a woman, you will often be the only one in the room.
- 2.0May 27, 2018Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Great benefits if you don't mind being on a St. Lukes or a St. . Al's only plan. Can't use both networks at the same time.
It's a biased promotion system and good ole boys click place. New CEO is a negative for the company as a whole, except if you a stock holder . No job security. They will work you into I'll heath. Just keep looking or don't plan to stay very long.2Micron Technology Response6y
We're sorry that you had a negative experience as a team member here at Micron. Beginning last year, we have undertaken a large-scale project to align and improve Micron's culture as a whole, including our performance management practices. Thank you for your feedback.
- 5.0Jul 6, 2020Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsBoise, ID
Micron is uniquely positioned to provide the world with what is in high demand now and will be in the foreseeable future - memory and storage solutions. Highly innovative and collaborative culture. I was impressed by how the company leadership handled the COVID-19 pandemic and approached it with safety of the company’s employees as their top priority. It is clear that the leadership is focused on very aggressive competition with the 2 bigger memory companies from Korea. Compensation is very competitive. The benefits package is much better than what I have seen at my previous employers.
Work-life balance can be a challenge for some but you know what you get yourself into when you join Micron. The company is pretty transparent about its expectations of its new employees.
- 4.0Mar 6, 2023Test Solutions EngineerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearSingapore
Good Benefits (OT pay) Hybrid (3 days WFO + 2 days WFH) Good TMs
Too much work, too little time & resources Not enough manpower Tight Deadline
- 5.0Aug 21, 2022Semiconductor Process EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBoise, ID
Micron is an excellent company to work for. Being a leader in the industry, this is one of the model businesses when it comes to optimizing operations to the best of their ability while making sure that the employees are happy and well taken care of. I have worked in shift rotation jobs as intense as this before but have never had such an amazing work/life balance while having good pay and personal growth. Micron is like University. There is no limits to growth within the company, if you are willing to make the effort. Management is very good and makes sure that the employees are well connected with them. Benefits are great and are always updated from time to time so employees can have the best without any stress. On-campus meal time lunches and dinners are top quality and the company makes sure that everyone can afford it. This is the place to build excellent careers because management also makes sure all the resources and training are provided for. The company follows its north star when it comes to following its own principles not only in operations but also in hiring and they hire those who align well with those principles. This makes for an amazing work place where you have some of the best and the brightest minds with amazing personalities to work with. Career and personal growth opportunities are plenty.
None so far. The company is doing well following its business model.
- 2.0Dec 7, 2016Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsBoise, ID
They hire smart people making the teams you work with really good. Lots of experience in the industry to build off of and they are willing to give people a chance. Great benefits especially the extras such as in town discounts and their gym and on site doctor's office. 401k matching is really nice
Very specialized knowledge, no real way to transfer out if you stay too long. World wide teams makes it difficult to time meetings and to get work life balance. on call was a nightmare. no real support while on call. Due to layoffs and outsourcing there was a significant age gap between senior developers and new hires. This should have resulted in good opportunities of advancement but i didn't see that.1
- 4.0Jun 17, 2016TECHNOLOGY/CUSTOMER SALES OPERATIONS SPECIALISTFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsBoise, ID
Good benefits if you do your part and do well and succeed in your tasks + overachieve to bring in organizational development and growth.
Inefficient collaboration between different parts of organization like manufacturing, demand and supply planning and sales operations.1
- 5.0Oct 10, 2023Senior EngineerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsSingapore
- Fair compensation - Huge opportunities for internal transfer across multiple functions and countries since the company is so huge - Care about the employee well-being
- It is still fundamentally a manufacturing company - may be less flexible compared to other company for some - Total compensation and benefit may be not the most competitive or lucrative in the market.
- 3.0Jan 29, 2022Material Operations SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 10 years
Benefits, OT, free lunch, diverse
Lack of organization and processes to maximize everyone’s strengths. High turnover rate because the wages aren’t competitive enough and not offering benefits soon enough is troublesome for many new hires
- 4.0Mar 8, 2023Executive AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsSan Jose, CA
Micron offers extensive health and employee benefits. The benefits continue to evolve based on the business environment in addition to employee recommendations.
No cons in this area